You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

132 this morning.

Stainless steel straws are a lot easier to clean too.  I have a very long, skinny brush that goes inside the straw of my Corkcicle sport container.  My water stays cold 12 hours or more.

Seems unusual to be spending the holiday without "guests".  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  Still cooling down a bit and it looks like it will be quite windy tomorrow and we will be below freezing over the weekend.
I use stainless steel straws also.  I think they came in a pack of 4 and came with a cleaning brush.  I have a "Bubba" large insulated mug that came with a plastic straw but that didn't last too long.  I would be very wary of glass.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

89 this partly cloudy morning.

It made it to almost 40° yesterday, today's forecast is 37°/28°.

I really don't want to, but I'm going to have to go out today to go to the post office as they wouldn't drive down my road to deliver a package from Amazon. What ever happened to neither rain nor sleet nor snow will stop delivery?? I guess mud is a deal breaker!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on November 25, 2020, 06:45:18 AMSKB, I hadn't thought of your home in terms of proximity to the equator, but it seems helpful to me in understanding the climate there. Hmm, so do drains just south of you run in the opposite direction?

I didn't quite get that, but if I can guess your question, yes the opposite holds true South of the equator. Their winters peak in June.

Quote from: Tamagno on November 25, 2020, 06:45:18 AMI had a weird experience last night which is cautionary. I for some years now been using large diameter glass straws in drinks and the one I keep next to my bed last night actually broke in the drink (you can imagine my confusion attempting to take a sip in the dark and finding no straw). I got these several years ago before they got to be a fad, so perhaps they've improved and I think mine were at the time sold as lab pipettes, but I think I'll switch to stainless steel.

That could be dangerous. You'd better switch to the plastic ones asap.

105 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

106 this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

SKB, sorry to be obtuse; it's my understanding that in the northern hemisphere liquids drain clockwise and in the Southern Hemisphere counterclockwise for some reason.

BigSkyGal, we have the same problem with our dirt road and somewhat regularly have deliveries unwilling to drive on it in snow and ice.

It's odd not having company, but we're still having turkey with stuffing if not all the usual side dishes. At least turkey leftovers can be used many different ways and the bones, etc. will make good stock.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Although we aren't having turkey today, I do love having leftovers, especially the carcass for stock or for soup.

I feel regret Barbara that you had to go out when you did not want to do so.  Sometimes I think the post office forgets that they used to promise that neither rain, sleet or snow would stop delivery.  But that was before the crazy weather that has been happening in our lifetime.  I can remember Thanksgivings past where there would already be 6-12 inches of snow on the ground.  This year we have green grass and trees so confused that they are trying to "bud out" in the end of November.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Happy Thanksgiving to all   

93 this morning.  We are supposed to have a high today of 60° which is the coolest for a while but warming up a bit over the weekend.  It is supposed to be windy here but on the other side of the mountains in the Los Angeles area there are going to be high winds and fire danger is high so the power company is warning that they may have to shut off power to 88,000 homes to prevent starting a fire.  That would ruin a Thanksgiving for many.

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

92 this cloudy morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

The high yesterday was 39°, today's forecast is 39°/23°. Chilly but dry.

Wow Wally, that would really ruin a Thanksgiving dinner...

It really was a pain to have to go out yesterday. But I did score a pair of turkey thighs!! They will be Christmas and New Year, I had already thawed out the duck for tonight.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Quote from: Tamagno on November 26, 2020, 07:56:05 AMSKB, sorry to be obtuse; it's my understanding that in the northern hemisphere liquids drain clockwise and in the Southern Hemisphere counterclockwise for some reason.

Ah yes, the rotation is in opposite directions and if I understand correctly, it is due to the magnetic field.

107 today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

93 was the reading today
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

188 this morning.

Grammabear, I hate it when unseasonal weather causes plants to bud at the wrong time; it's nice that it's warm where you are but I hope your flora gets back on track.

Pretty quiet here yesterday for Thanksgiving except for the inevitable phone calls. Plus, my wife went to town cooking and made turkey with stuffing and her special cranberry sauce (I love the stuff as it's both hot and sweet and garnished with cilantro all of which I can both taste and eat without being puréed). Lots of leftovers.

I keep seeing "Black Friday" sales advertised many of which are remarkable (TVs especially) but I'm not participating with the exception of some Sony noise-cancelling wireless ear buds I got deeply discounted. Also, my wife's birthday is coming soon and I was able to find a few things for her. I bought everything at Amazon, SKB, so hopefully this website reaps some benefit.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

110 this morning.

The Black Friday sales started even before Black Friday.  My email inbox was swamped yesterday.  Most of the things I passed by.  But I was like Tamagno and found a few things that I will use for gifts on Amazon.  I bet that website is going crazy today.

Our lilac bushes are not only 'budding' out, a few have actually opened, made leaves and lilac flowers.  Never in our time at this location have we had lilacs bloom in November.  Our grass is green, although not growing so that it requires mowing.  Weather is most unusual.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Our high yesterday was 57° so the coldest yet but it is supposed to start warming up.  It was really windy here all day but worse on the other side of the mountains.  They did turn off the power to about 8000 homes so not as bad as it could be but no fun for those that were in the dark.
I didn't really need anything so I passed on any sales and I would not go anywhere near a store today. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

Snap Sweety 93 here this morning too!

40° was the high yesterday, 45°/21° is today's forecast.

I'm with you Wally, not going anywhere near a store today or this weekend!

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on November 27, 2020, 06:13:01 AMI bought everything at Amazon, SKB, so hopefully this website reaps some benefit.

Will keep you updated, and thanks. Wish your wife on our behalf too.

106 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club