You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

122 this morning.

Cold here at 21 deg F but no precipatation so I guess we are good.

These folks that sell "snake oil" also call uninvited on my cell phone - SO annoying.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  It was a gorgeous day yesterday with a high of 74° and is supposed to be the same today then tomorrow it drops to 55° with wind.  Still, it is a lot better than freezing or below so no complaint.  I am looking forward to warmer weather though.
I don't have a problem ignoring the "snake oil" sellers and any call on my cell phone goes unanswered if I don't recognize the caller.  If it is someone that is legitimate they can leave a voicemail message. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this cloudy morning.

39° was the high yesterday and when I went to bed at 1:30AM it was 30° outside and drizzling. Forecast for today is 39° for a high and overnight low of 14° brrrr! Chance of snow showers during the day and evening.

Slept really poorly last night and feel really tired and ragged today. It happens every so often for no known reason. By the time I realized I wasn't going to sleep, it was too late to take a benadryl as I would be foggy all morning...

Grammabear, I do what Wally does, if I don't recognize the # calling I don't answer. If they don't leave a voice mail to identify themselves I go to Recents and hit the i after the caller # and block that caller. Then I delete the call.

The newest scam is somehow they mimic your own number to show as the caller and it looks like you are calling yourself. I've gotten a few of these. I googled it and it is some scam, so just don't answer and then I delete the call from Recents. And I was signed up for a no call list, yet they get through. I think a lot of them are political robo calls.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

144 today. There was a wedding I had to attend yesterday and this rise appears to be a direct cause of that.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

78 this morning.

Like a lot of my electronics my phone (the home VOIP one) is hooked into my Echo devices that announce caller ID. Unrecognized numbers I ignore or tell Echo to hang up on. An advantage of not having cell service at home is I don't get junk calls using up minutes.

BigSkyGal, not sleeping well can really throw you off. I seem to have fallen into the habit of sleeping in segments of 1-2 hours at a time during the whole cycle of a day. Can't say it's the best thing to do, but I seem to have grown accustomed to it.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

104 this morning.

I don't have any problem with letting either the cell phone or the house phone ring when it is an unidentified number calling.  It is my husband that jumps up quickly to answer the phone whenever it rings - never looking at the number listed on caller ID to see who it is.  Then he gets annoyed because it is a scam caller or some such thing. 

Snow is forecast for today with wind gusts up to 35 mph.  I kind of hope the forecast is wrong for a change.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Snap Tamagno, 78 for me this morning also.  Windy all night and it is supposed to continue through Monday with winds of 20-30 MPH and gusts up to 50 MPH.  No moisture in sight for here but to the South and West there is a chance of snow down to 2000 ft.
We had no cell service when living on the mountain so the landline was the only option there but in town here we have good cell service so that is what I use and I don't miss the land line at all.  I use Consumer Cellular and my bill is only $26.53 a month total with the taxes and fees included.  That is with unlimited talk and text so incoming and outgoing calls don't add any cost. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this cloudy morning. Slept like a rock last night!!

42° was the high yesterday. The forecast fr today is high of 35° with an overnight low of 24°. Slight chance of snow in the evening.

Late yesterday afternoon, I was quietly sitting, watching TV when all of a sudden my phone started making an awful beeping sound. I really thought it was going to explode!! Turns out it was an Emergency Alert (I have it and Public Safety Alert turned on in Notifications.) Scared the heck out of me! It was for severe snow squalls and frozen roads and to slow down and drive carefully. Nothing going on here and I wasn't going out. Darned thing happened two more times scarring me both times so I turned it off for the night.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

123 today.

Wally I pay ~ Rs. 1600-1800 per month (US$ 25) for 5 cell phones. Price wars among cell service providers are fierce. The average Indian user's bill is around $ 5.00. There are caps on number of calls, sms and data, but the number is significantly high. A recharge is not required. And Indians are addicted to their cell phones. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

113 this morning.

My wife and I both have cell phones. My wife uses hers regularly at work while mine is only used when I'm out and then generally only for emergencies. We both use Tracfone as it's a pay-as you go service that's our cheapest alternative. While we are required to purchase minutes every three months, they at least accumulate. Probably I could watch most of the Netflix library without using up all of mine.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

102 this morning.

skb - People from your country are not the only ones addicted to their phones.  People in the U.S. (especially younger people) are known to text while driving which is obviously not safe.  More than one fatality has happened here.

My husband and I also have cell phones.  He does not like his and only uses it when he leaves the house on an errand.  I like my phone to stay in touch via text with our friends.I also have my Dexcom G6 synced with my phone for convenience.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

While on the subject of Cell Phones, do any of you use WhatsApp ?
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

73 this morning.  Sunny and clear today but quite windy, all night and probably all of today.  Temps are not bad and highs in the mid 60s.
I used to have Verizon for my cell phone provider, one of the largest, and my bill was over $80 a month for one phone, one user and a limit on usage.  That is why I was so happy with Consumer cellular.  I did have a Tracphone when I just wanted the phone for emergency use but now the "smart phone" has become necessary to use some of the other "smart" things we have. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

114 this partly cloudy morning.

35° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is for a high of 38°, but is already 40° with the beautiful sun mostly out. Overnight low forecast 21°.

skb, I just use the message app on my iPhone or Facetime if we want to see each other. How is WhatsApp any different r better than those other options? Just curious.

Tamagno

124 this morning.

I decided several years ago not to text at all and don't use or have activated any texting apps. That said, I gather there's considerable controversy currently surrounding WhatsApp or whether it's currently working.

Thankfully warm enough here that the nearly constant precipitation we're having is just rain, not snow. Single digit cold in the forecast for the weekend.