You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

118 this morning.

Actually, I went out to CVS yesterday morning around 9:30am and was surprised how light the traffic was. Nevertheless, I do 95% of my shopping on line.

Grammabear, I've never seen lilacs blooming this time of year; that's very odd, indeed.

Not sure why, but my neuropathy was just terrible last night. I've tried all the drugs for it, but all have really terrible side effects. My glucose has been pretty good so I'm not sure why it's getting worse. I do get pharmaceutical marijuana from my oncologist, but I'm thinking it's time to get going with medical marijuana - since that's all run by the state, it's loaded with complications and expensive, but it's becoming something of a last resort.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

148 this morning.

Tamagno - Maybe the medical marijuana won't be as bad as one fears.  There is a store in a nearby town that sells it and of course you need a prescription for it.  But every time we go by that place, there is always someone coming or going to the store.  I think there are a lot of people that benefit from it.  I hope your neuropathy will respond favorably.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  We had an overnight low of 28° and it looks like we will be below freezing for the next few days.  Daytime we are going to be in the mid 60s.  No moisture in sight though.
Tamagno, so sorry about the neuropathy that can not be much fun.  Hope you are able to manage it. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

92 this cloudy morning.

39° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 43°/21°.

Sorry about your neuropathy Tamagno, I hope you can get relief soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on November 28, 2020, 06:43:38 AMNot sure why, but my neuropathy was just terrible last night. I've tried all the drugs for it, but all have really terrible side effects. My glucose has been pretty good so I'm not sure why it's getting worse.

That question bothers me at times as well. Not with neuropathy, but other symptoms, like cuts and bruises not healing well or in time. I understand that it's the damage from the earlier years and not something to do with the present control.

108 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

52 this morning.

One of those ridiculous mornings during which it seemed lots of extra foolish chores seemed to present themselves at every turn, vis, a toilet that wouldn't stop flushing, coming to the end of jars of things that then had to be washed out and put in recycling and so on. Just small but irritating as they accumulated.

The reward is that with low glucose I've added extra carbs to my breakfast which I'll enjoy.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

markp4900

You can try Camel milk its very useful for diabetes and buy camel milk from ******** website.

Grammabear

115 this morning.

Maintenance chores whether they be diabetes maintenance or household maintenance can be really annoying at times.  What annoys me a lot is trying to keep track of when I need to change infusion sets and then dealing with higher blood sugar after I put in a new set.  My blood glucose always goes high after the insertion of a new infusion set and I don't know why.  I have tried all manner of 'tricks' but nothing works consistently.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Another 28° low and getting up to around 61° today.  It doesn't look good at all that we will see any rain in December. There are storms to the North and snow in the mountains but not getting down this far. 
I think I am fortunate that I learned to manage my blood sugar when I did.  I had several years after diagnosis that I followed doctors instructions but that didn't really do a good job of keeping my bg in real control.  After I had my A1c go over 7.5 I started doing some searching and found many answers in forums like this where real people had learned how to manage their bg and I started LCHF and that has been the turning point.  I am sure there are some issues from several years of kind of high bg but I don't have any problem with neuropathy and I seem to heal quite nicely.  It makes it worth keeping up the attention to maintaining a good bg.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this cold sunny morning. It nwas 20° when I got up at almost 10AM.

38° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 43°/19° and clear.

I do have a bit of neuropathy in my feet, but don't have any healing problems.

Silly little Other Kitty (DD named it Fluffy after I sent a photo) jumped up an the side porch railing and from there up on the roof of my garage and strolled around. If it were Summer it would be a cat on a hot tin roof!  :)  This is the same one that was treed way up in the cottonwood tree and got itself down. Adventurous little kitty!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: markp4900 on November 29, 2020, 09:18:55 AMYou can try Camel milk its very useful for diabetes and buy camel milk from ******** website.

Mark,

I would like to bring your attention to our Rules which prohibit any marketing attempts.

Quote15.   Commercial ads and marketing surveys are not permitted.  This includes "subtle" links added to an otherwise relevant post.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

108 again this morning.

Weather is supposed to turn towards cooler from today or at least that is what "they" say.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

Never knew of camel milk  ???

Today's reading is 95.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

102 this morning.

I guess I'd try camels milk, but it's probably hard to come by and expensive.

BigSkyGal, when I was a kid living in Manhattan I once rescued a feral kitten from the streets (whew, talk about wild!). It was at the beginning of everyone's fascination with Tolkien, so I named her Eowyn. Naturally, this soon transformed to Luf-Luf which is something of a variation on Fluffy.

Grammabear

97 this morning.

I have heard of camel's milk from the popular vet show, Dr. Pol here in the U.S.  I saw the episode where the camel owners brought their animals to Dr. Pol because no one else would examine their animals.  The camels were like 'gentle giants' and their eyes were so expressive.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021