You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  It looks like we will have overnight lows just under freezing and days around the 60s for the next few days at least and no rain in sight. 
I can't imagine why camel milk would be any different than cow milk or goat milk and I can't see any reason to try it.  Maybe there is a difference but I am not really interested.  I rarely drink milk anyway so not a big deal.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this partly cloudy morning.

35° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 39°/23° with a chance of rain.

The only thing I could think of re camel milk is that it might be higher in fat thus good for LC/HF. Personally it is a hard pass for me!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

It is said that Camel's milk is the closest to human milk and that is why it is better than milk from other species. Human's though are the only species who drink milk of other species. And then there are the modern processes that make marketed milk a 'white nonsense'.

111 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

88 this morning.

It is cold this morning at 18 deg F.  This is quite a change from temperatures in the 40s and 50s just a few days ago.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

126 this morning.

I saw the orthopedic surgeon yesterday for a follow up which turned out to be a total waste of time - nothing but a couple of questions. I won't be returning.

As a child, when there were local dairies everywhere there were very discernible differences between milk from different dairies as much of the flavor depends upon what the cows eat. I won't be going out of my way to get camel milk or goat milk or whatever milk, but given the opportunity I'd try them if they had been refrigerated.

Off topic - does anyone know if Bluetooth signal boosters work?

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Weather is pretty mild here.  No rain, no wind, not cold, just sunny and dry.  I am not complaining though.

Tamagno, I have never heard of a blue tooth signal booster so I have no experience with one.  I have no need for one right now but I imagine that they would work.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this partly cloudy morning.

35° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 41°/18°. A little bit warmer today hopefully.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 01, 2020, 10:27:52 AMOff topic - does anyone know if Bluetooth signal boosters work?

Till you mentioned it, my mind never went there. But if there is a signal it can be boosted is what logic tells me. I did a Google search and found many gadgets which sounded capable. Never tried any, so can't vouch for any of them

112 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

97 is the reading for fasting today.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

79 this morning.

Looks like most Bluetooth signal boosters are specifically for sound, vis, headphones, etc. Haven't yet seen one that's more like a Wi-Fi booster that works with any Wifi device. Seems to be a more complex idea than I'd have thought. (Should have been an electrical engineer, I guess.)

On the cold side here today with predicted highs of only 40.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

100 this morning.

Our weather currently is 28 deg F which is probably why I overslept big time.  I definitely didn't want to get out of my nice warm bed.  Nice and sunny outside even though it isn't as warm as it looks.

My visit with my GP yesterday was ok.  When I saw the nephrologist in October, he gave me heck for an A1C of 6.1%.  So I asked the GP what her advice would be.  She said "twenty years ago when I graduated medical school, we were taught to strive for 7% or more."  "Now, we know that 7% is just a good starting point.  Your A1C is good provided you don't have a ton of hypo episodes."  So, I guess I will ignore the opinion of the Nephrologist regarding blood glucose levels.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  Weather here is pretty boring right now.  No rain in sight for at least the next 10 days and temps in the mid 60s and not even any wind.  Nothing to complain about though as it is really pretty nice for December.  We usually see most of our rain in January and February if we re going to get any.
Tamagno, I'm not sure what you would use, other than a speaker, that you would need to boost the blue tooth signal for.  My new mother board for my desktop has blue tooth but I don't have anything using it so I have no idea what the range is but it may be interesting to try it.  I did have a mouse that connected with blue tooth but I wasn't really happy with it so I use a Logitech USB mouse. 
Grammabear, I thought an A1c of 6.1 would make a doctor happy.  It is an average though so I guess if there are low lows then there would be higher highs and that may be a problem but I would think the CGM would show that.  I would think the doctors would be more interested in the CGM record than A1c.  One thing I have no idea about is how long dose it take for a high bg to cause a problem.  In other words, if you are at 250 for 30 min. and go back to a normal bg is that long enough to cause any damage.  In other words, does a spike matter if you go back to normal in a short time.  I haven't seen any data on this.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

102 this blue sky morning.

35° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 37°/19°. No rain/snow in the forecast for a week.

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 02, 2020, 10:57:30 AM94 this morning.  Weather here is pretty boring right now.  No rain in sight for at least the next 10 days and temps in the mid 60s and not even any wind.  Nothing to complain about though as it is really pretty nice for December.  We usually see most of our rain in January and February if we re going to get any.
Tamagno, I'm not sure what you would use, other than a speaker, that you would need to boost the blue tooth signal for.  My new mother board for my desktop has blue tooth but I don't have anything using it so I have no idea what the range is but it may be interesting to try it.  I did have a mouse that connected with blue tooth but I wasn't really happy with it so I use a Logitech USB mouse. 
Grammabear, I thought an A1c of 6.1 would make a doctor happy.  It is an average though so I guess if there are low lows then there would be higher highs and that may be a problem but I would think the CGM would show that.  I would think the doctors would be more interested in the CGM record than A1c.  One thing I have no idea about is how long dose it take for a high bg to cause a problem.  In other words, if you are at 250 for 30 min. and go back to a normal bg is that long enough to cause any damage.  In other words, does a spike matter if you go back to normal in a short time.  I haven't seen any data on this.

The Nephrologist I saw is a 'moody' man and easily annoyed apparently.  My GP feels that an A1C of 6.1% is fine as along as there are not too many hypos.  As for high blood sugar doing damage, I think that is an individual thing.  I know a long time T1 man who was diagnosed at age 6 and is now 80 and still claims to not have any neuropathy.  He never knew about carb counting and keeping blood sugars under a certain point until he was around 50 years old.  So, he more than likely had high numbers for a long time.  He claims to have avoided sugar, but ate freely of things like potatoes, bread and rice.  It would be interesting to know if any scientific studies have been done as to the kind of damage that can be done by extended high blood sugars.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

You guys have raised some interesting questions. I can see the Dr's point about wanting a flatter BG curve with the 6.1 A1c.

For a complex organism like the human body, it would be very difficult to guage how much is too much and for how long and what the consequences would / could be. I definitely agree with Grammabear that YMMV.

112 again today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club