You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on December 04, 2020, 10:16:46 PMWell, there it is Wally. They must have mailed it to me last night.
You cannot view this attachment.
Yeah, I thought it was something like that.  About an hour later I logged in with no problem.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Well, we were at 24° this morning at 6:00 AM and supposed to be heading to 64° today.  Not unusual for December here.
Yeah Tamagno, I do well with Medicare and supplemental insurance.  I have no copays and as long as Medicare pays for something my supplemental pays the rest.  The two hospital stays I had the total bills were around $150,000 each and supplemental paid the balance which would have been devastating to me.  I am lucky that the supplemental insurance is part of my retirement benefit so I don't shop for it but I believe it is worth it to purchase it if you need to.
Grammabear, it is quite hard to really understand how devastating a big wildfire can be until you  see it up close and when the high winds whip it up it is hard to imagine how dangerous they are.  Then I don't have any experience with hurricanes or tornados and they are also horrible.  I think you have to be as well prepared as you can to survive the natural disasters that are common to where you live. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this cold clear morning. It was all of 10° when I got up at 9AM, it is up to 22° now.

35° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 39°/14°. The really cold weather is in Jan and Feb...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

101 today.

I'm making a video on Fasting and Autophagy so I'm also doing a strict Intermittent Fast of 16 hours. It will be fun to incorporate a workout in between to see how the numbers fluctuate. Though at this point there is a lot of Glycogen in my liver and I would expect it to dump.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

125 this morning.

SKB, the word autophagy is new to me although it looks like it means either feeding by tube or self feeding.

Wally, I was stunned to discover that the main cancer surgery I had by itself cost over a million dollars and that's not including about seven other related surgeries, chemo or radiation. While medical insurance is expensive I'd say I've come out well ahead on the deal.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Yes, autophagy means to eat oneself, in a beneficial and benign manner.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  It has warmed up just a couple of degrees but we may be in the low 70s by Tuesday.  Nothing like you are seeing Barbara.   ~shvr~

I'll be interested to see what you determine SKB.  I often don't eat breakfast so it is common for me to go about 16 hours without eating between dinner and lunch.  I'm not aware of any difference but there very well may be. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

109 this sunny morning.

Another pretty cool morning, it is 28° right now. Yesterday's high was 32°, today's forecast is 39°/18° but I'd be surprised if it got that warm.

My normal eating pattern follows the Intermittent Fasting plan. I eat during an 8 hour window and fast 16 hours. I have been doing this for several years.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

133 this morning.

I eat only twice a day, around 10:30 a.m. and again around 5:00 p.m. and then not again until the next day.  Sometimes very early in the morning, my stomach wakes me by growling.  Don't know if that is good or not good.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Eating twice a day is probably a very good idea. I eat breakfast just before 10:00 these days (because of Covid I leave late) and then at 19:30. But I do not eat anything in between. Not even a small snack. For the next week-end I am going to try to stretch it to 24 hours.

118 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

99 today's reading.

I eat 3 times breakfast lunch and dinner. But my lunch is very small and not much.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

195 this morning.

I eat almost constantly but rarely more than a few bites at a time.

Benign autophagy, SKB? This is somewhat reminiscent of the once popular macrobiotic diet part of which presumably had the effect of replacing all the body's cells every seven years.

I'll be curious to know if any of you experiences positive health effects as a result of fasting as well as the length of time you actually fast and if you're allowing yourself fruit juice during the fast.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Yes very benign. Wikipedia

A fast is where "no energy consuming foods are ingested" so juices are out.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

128 this morning.

I don't normally drink juice because it isn't blood sugar friendly.  But I don't hesitate to drink it if my blood sugar is trending really low.  If I needed to eat often, I would consider juice part of my daily nourishment among other things.

Our eating habits changed when my husband retired.  He used to be a second shift worker and had very different hours than he does now.  We sometimes have a light snack during the middle of the afternoon, especially if we have been doing something like mowing the grass.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  Much warmer this morning with an overnight low of 43° and heading to a high of 70° today.  It is supposed to be around 70° for the next three days then cooling down a bit but not below 60° so not cold.
I don't really have any comparison because it is just my routine that I rarely have breakfast and usually eat my first meal around noon and dinner around 5-6 PM and I don't snack very often so I guess intermittent fasting is kind of normal for me.  It may be one of the factors that helps keep my bg in range.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023