You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

114 this cold sunny morning.

Yesterday's high was 32°, today's forecast is 41°/21°. Doubtful of the 41°.

The only thing I consume after my 8 hour window is my evening vitamins and an occasional adult beverage.

I have to go out today to pick up my strips at the PO, do a quick shop and put gas in my car. I have to go up to town on Thursday for my Ophthalmologist appt. I am dreading going there so many Covid cases up there. It'll be just in and out and back home.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 07, 2020, 10:44:54 AMI don't really have any comparison because it is just my routine that I rarely have breakfast and usually eat my first meal around noon and dinner around 5-6 PM and I don't snack very often so I guess intermittent fasting is kind of normal for me.  It may be one of the factors that helps keep my bg in range.

That is a very good eating window and it would be helping with much more than BG.

95 myself today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

I too think the eating window has helped control my bg #'s. I have loosened up a bit on LC/Hf but my Aic remains fine 2 years at 5.7%. I think the eating plan aids that. I really do believe in the Intermittent Fasting model.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

260 this morning.

I checked my weight yesterday and discovered I'd lost four pounds and am down to 106; this is why I try to eat fairly constantly even if it's just a little. Keeping glucose in line is an habitual issue with this state of affairs, however, and I often misjudge which is why I'm so high this morning.

I suspect this current drop in weight may be related to beginning meds for hypothyroidism.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.

I have the opposite problem of most people in that I am overweight by a great deal.  This is the reason I eat only twice a day and it is difficult to follow LCHF 100% because I have other health issues.  I will be seeing a rheumatologist early next year in my quest to find the reason for some of these health issues.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Nothing new here weather wise.  We are still seeing highs in the 70s so quite nice but I would really like to see some rain.  Well, maybe later but nothing in sight.
I have a spot on my ear that the Dermatologist took a biopsy from a while back and it came back as a cancer so I had an appointment for the 22nd but I got a call yesterday and they had a cancelation so I am going to get the bugger cut out this morning.  I hate cutting on my ear but I will be glad to have it gone.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this sunny morning.

32° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 48°/27°.

I hope all goes well with your surgery Wally and you heal quickly.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on December 08, 2020, 02:45:40 PMI hope all goes well with your surgery Wally and you heal quickly.

Ditto. Wally take care.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

90 this morning reading

Wish you the best walkerwally1
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

51 this morning.

Wally, best to get that off and quickly; hope all goes well!

Another frigid morning up here with some snow forecast until around 9am. I'd like to go into town to pick up some 'scripts, but I'll wait until later to see how we do with the snow.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.

Wally - I hope your ear feels better this morning and you were able to sleep well last night.  Do heal quickly.

My grandson is in the hospital again with dizziness and a migraine.  They will do an MRI on him to see if brain tumor has returned.  :(

Has anyone had any trouble signing into their Amazon account?  I have trouble signing in and it says my password is incorrect.  When I go to type in the correct password, the mouse pointer just sits there doing nothing, but if I hold the pointer down, after about 20 seconds it moves and I can type in the correct password.  This happens each and every time I try to sign into Amazon.  I am able to sign into other websites with no issues.  I put a new battery into my wireless mouse, so I don't think it is the mouse.  The only website I am having trouble with is Amazon, and of course you can never contact them directly.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

That is strange and I don't think it has anything to do with the mouse. This appears more like a phishing attempt, like Barbara had some time ago. I would suggest that you go into your browsing history and clear cache for at least a week assuming that this was not happening before then.

To go into your browsing history (if you're using Chrome) click on the 3 dots in the extreme right corner of your address bar, and then click on History / Clear Browsing Data.   
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

Quote from: skb on December 09, 2020, 10:07:03 AMThat is strange and I don't think it has anything to do with the mouse. This appears more like a phishing attempt, like Barbara had some time ago. I would suggest that you go into your browsing history and clear cache for at least a week assuming that this was not happening before then.

To go into your browsing history (if you're using Chrome) click on the 3 dots in the extreme right corner of your address bar, and then click on History / Clear Browsing Data.   

I am using Firefox and had to 'Google' how to clear history.  However I did as instructed and 'possibly' my Amazon problem is now fixed.  Thank You for your help skb, very much appreciated.  :)

:(  spoke too soon.  my amazon login problem is back - again.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Snap Grammabear! 113 here this cloudy morning.

Hmmm, Wally hasn't checked in yet. Hope all is well with him.

42° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 43°/25°.

walkerwally1

Well, I thought I posted this morning, I wrote a post but must not have hit the post button.  ~tnk~
I had a 95 fasting this morning.  Surgery went well and now it is just about healing that I usually do pretty well.  it was not bad at all and it was all removed cleanly on the first cut so glad about that. 
Grammabear, I haven't had any problem logging to Amazon at all.  I think SKB is right and clearing the browser history may fix it, hope so.  Also hope your grandson is OK.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"