You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on December 12, 2020, 12:07:39 AM
Quote from: bigskygal on December 11, 2020, 02:55:05 PM121 this cold cloudy morning. Been feeling really run down lately...wonder if I am getting sick.

39° was the high yesterday today's forecast is 32°/19° with a chance of snow this afternoon/evening.

I haven't been in a Walmart or Target since this whole shut dawn started. I stick with my small local grocery and Amazon. And I don't know when I will feel safe enough to go either of those places again.

We did not really enjoy our grocery shopping either.  No matter what anyone says, it is hard sometimes to breathe through the masks.  I don't know if paper masks are easier, but cloth masks are just plain hard.  We were constantly sanitizing our hands throughout the store and again when we got home.  I think it will be a very long time until we go there again.

Do you have a fever or maybe coming down with a cold?
  Hope maybe you will feel better soon.

No, no fever just feel very tired after physical activity. Part of it is stress like the trip to dr in town...anxiety...these days I really only feel safe in my home.

I had fun today facetiming with DD and one of her kids cutting snowflake teddy bears. We exchange drawings every day. That keeps me in the present and sane,

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

54 this morning.

Already the new vaccine has gathered controversy and is causing a stir. I don't know whether to have it (them - I guess there are two shots) or not. I'm going to wait just a bit until I know what's going on.

I suspect we're in for some snow this week, hopefully not too much.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.

We have a dusting of snow thus far this morning.  The forecast is for 2-4 inches and for me that is enough.

Barbara - Glad you don't have the fever and face-timing sounds like fun. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  Cooler yesterday with a high of 55° but warmer this morning with a low of 38°.  It is supposed to be a bit warmer today with a 60° high.  There is rain to the North and West with snow in the mountains but it won't get to here.
I have been feeling kind of tired and just worn out but no fever and not really feeling sick, just blah. 
I know there will be a lot of dis-information about the vaccine and that is unfortunate.  I don't have any qualms about getting it as soon as I can.  I am sure the vaccine is better than getting the disease. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this snowy morning.

32° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/14° with snow flurries possible. Only about an inch of snow so far.

Considering my hermit lifestyle, I am in no rush to get the vaccine. I don't even get flu shots (and I haven't had the flu in as long as I can remember).

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

112 today.

Given a choice, I would like to avoid the vaccine too. But I think sooner or later it is going to be mandatory.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

177 this morning.

Unusually warm here today with highs in the mid-50s. Plus, we've got a fog advisory on - we seem prone to having these occasionally. Basically, if you're driving in it I think you're supposed to slow down.

The hospital where my wife works will, I expect, demand all their practitioners get the vaccine. I'm in no rush for it. My usual couple of sources are vacationing, but between one who's an MD and the other (also an MD) who works for one of the major pharmaceutical companies, I can often get more reliable information than usual.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

It is not especially warm today at 23 deg F but it is bright and sunny.  It looks lots warmer than it really is outdoors.

Do you all have 'meal plans' or do you just 'wing it' and have what you feel like eating when mealtime comes?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

71 this morning.  Crack Slaw for dinner last night and it is always good to my bg.
There is a storm system coming from the West but it will not get down this far but rain to the North and some snow in the mountains which is a good thing.  I am sure those of you to the East will see this in the next few days.
I am a believer in vaccines and always get a Flu shot each year.  As a kid I saw friends suffer with polio before there was a vaccine for it and I had all of the childhood diseases, mumps, chicken pox and measles almost killed me.  Thanks to chicken pox I had shingles a few years ago before I even knew there was a vaccine for it.  The cases in our area are escalating and it used to be 1-2  new cases a day and now it is around 25.  I will get the vaccine just as soon as it is available.
I don't really plan meals other than having things available and fixing what sounds good at the time.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

126 this frigid cloudy morning.

It is 19° outside right now. 32° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 34°/18° with a chance of snow showers.

I read on another forum yesterday that people that have had an anaphylactic incident shouldn't get the vaccine. Tamagno, I'd be interested in what your Pharma people say about that. I had an extreme anaphylactic shock response to Paxil. It dropped me to the floor and I couldn't breathe or move. It scared the carp out of me. I don't ever want to go through that again.

As far as meal plans, I'm like Wally, I shop for ingredients and each meal just depends on what I feel like eating. Right now my appetite is really down so it is hard to decide what to eat sometimes.

Grammabear

I think when it comes to Pharma, there are exceptions to every rule.  We've noticed recently in the evening when we are watching television, there is a LOT of commercials for the shingles vaccine.  Mention is made that us 'Seniors' should have it.  My husband chose that vaccine several years ago.  However when I went to take the vaccine, the pharmacist noticed I was allergic to one of the inert ingredients.  If I had taken the vaccine I could be totally deaf because I am severely allergic to Gentamicin.  I am grateful to that pharmacist for speaking up.  I have had shingles three times anyway, so I guess it might not be as valuable to me. 

Barbara, I understand why you feel as you do about vaccines.  Each of us has to make our own decision.  I'm glad you are ok now and if I was you, I would be reluctant too. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on December 13, 2020, 05:45:14 PMI think when it comes to Pharma, there are exceptions to every rule.  We've noticed recently in the evening when we are watching television, there is a LOT of commercials for the shingles vaccine.  Mention is made that us 'Seniors' should have it.  My husband chose that vaccine several years ago.  However when I went to take the vaccine, the pharmacist noticed I was allergic to one of the inert ingredients.  If I had taken the vaccine I could be totally deaf because I am severely allergic to Gentamicin.  I am grateful to that pharmacist for speaking up.  I have had shingles three times anyway, so I guess it might not be as valuable to me. 

Barbara, I understand why you feel as you do about vaccines.  Each of us has to make our own decision.  I'm glad you are ok now and if I was you, I would be reluctant too. 

Thanks, it is not that I an anti vaccine, I had all mine as a kid and so did my kids. I am not going to rush to get the Covid vaccine or a flu shot for that matter. I am so solitary and very careful when I do go out. I just want to see how it all plays out once they start giving the vaccinations. I'll tell you one thing, anaphylactic shock is no fun!  I literally thought I was going to die there on the floor.

skb

112 again today.

Since covid-19 is a brand new thing in our lives, there is a lot that is yet to be known and there is a lot more that has yet to be told. Besides, this vaccine has really been rushed into trials, production, everything. That is why I am wary of it and the consequences. Otherwise, any thing meant to do good is OK with me.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Quote from: skb on December 13, 2020, 10:13:56 PM112 again today.

Since covid-19 is a brand new thing in our lives, there is a lot that is yet to be known and there is a lot more that has yet to be told. Besides, this vaccine has really been rushed into trials, production, everything. That is why I am wary of it and the consequences. Otherwise, any thing meant to do good is OK with me.

And with my medical history that is exactly why I will continue to isolate and watch how the vaccinations go with others.

Sweety

98 today's reading.

It was raining here today morning. Very unseasonal.
Diabetic ?