You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

135 this morning.

Temperatures today are predicted to go from 31 to 34...

I'm scheduled to see my oncologist today but it'll be a phone visit; that's fine with me as I'll be done quickly and don't have to go out anywhere.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this sunny but cold morning.

I like phone Dr visits for the reason you don't have to leave home, you can avoid any covid germs at their office and if you want - you can be sipping your coffee or tea during the visit.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Really windy all night but it appears to be out of here now.  There is rain around Southern California but not out here in the desert.
Yeah Barbara, in your place I would feel the same.  I live in town and it is not possible to be isolated and there are no small mom and pop stores here so it is to the supermarket or Walmart but I don't go out much, just as needed, and try to keep as much distance as possible. 
I haven't had occasion for a phone doctors visit.  Our clinic is still seeing people in person although they follow recommended practices and it seems safe enough.  Some things just can't be done over the phone so it can't be entirely avoided.  The good thing is that everyone around seems to take it seriously and is not as scary but there are still a lot more cases each day here than there was a few weeks ago.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this cloudy morning.

28° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/25°.

I only have 2 drs at this point, my pcp and the gastroenterologist. In each case I have to go in for appointments as they do labs. I only see pcp once a year and the gastro twice a year so that isn't too bed.

Cases are going up here too Wally that is why I stay home as much as possible.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

103 today morning.

I have been following the news and seeing that the US is once again in a Covid wave, maybe the worst yet. Surprisingly, India, with its poor health care, hygiene and population density is doing very well. Daily cases are down to 25k levels and mortality rates are down to 1.5% or so. I thought that we would have reduced our testing numbers but the news channels say that even these are up.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Yes we are surging here, it is frightening! I am afraid of taking the vaccine for medical reasons. So a hermit I will remain...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Barbara - There is something to be said for the lifestyle of a hermit or an 'almost hermit' - you have a lot of peace and quiet and time to cater to the kitties that visit your place.  My hubby and I rarely go out except for a doctor visit or groceries.  We mostly feel that going out has to be absolutely necessary. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

172 this morning.

Weirdly, my oncologist no-showed for my phone appointment yesterday. I did call and was told she was backed up owing to emergencies. I'll call them this morning. In that practice, there are very much life-threatening emergencies and these things happen; I know when I had such emergencies, I was very grateful for doctors who made the time to help, and I'm sure yesterday was similar.

You know, if this goes on, we might even see a lessening of the psychiatric community describing us loners in unflattering and pathological terms (antisocial, etc.). Psychiatric diagnoses vary regularly and dramatically according to political and social pressures. It would sure be fun if being a "hermit" became a virtue. Stranger things have happened - if you have access to an old DSM (the official shrink diagnostic manual) you'll find plenty of surprises of that nature.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this morning.

My spouse and I would definitely fit the description of loners.  We enjoy having people stop by (or at least we used to) and we enjoy visiting with them.  One thing we don't do is go out to the bars or pubs and sit there for the evening drinking alcohol.  If that makes us weird, then 'weird' we are.  I can remember years ago, we woke up in the morning and our neighbor's yard was covered with empty beer cans.  They had observed a birthday in the evening and wee hours of the morning and never bothered to pick up "empties".  The next afternoon we saw them both outside with a garbage bag and they were wearing sunglasses picking up cans.  My hubby said "should I go help"?  Nah....they can do it themselves was my thought.  Yup, we are hermits I guess and proud of it.   :D
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  There is a storm system passing through Northern and Central California but it is not going to get down this fat.  Pretty mild here in the low 60s and not even any wind.
Yeah SKB, the cases are worse now than they have been and it is getting to the point many hospitals are nearing capacity.  People have to be more aggressive in their use of the things that have been stated to stop the spread like wearing a mask and keeping distance but many just refuse to do so.  At least where I am people seem pretty good at following the guidelines.
I live in town now but I guess I am still pretty much a hermit.  I don't go out or socialize and I am happy to be by myself much of the time.  I don't consider it a problem at all.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this cloudy morning.

32° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/30° with a small chance of rain and snow showers.

In reality, my life is little different now than it was pre-Covid. I have always been a hermit. It is just that now there is an underlying fear when I do go out that I might catch it from some fool that doesn't follow the mandates.

skb

105 today.

Covid has changed life for everyone. The more drastic changes have come on the work front. Work from Home has brought in a lot of change in many ways and more is yet to come.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

skb what is your new avatar?

Tamagno

100 this morning.

Very cold here this morning with predictions of a foot of snow starting later this afternoon. Meanwhile, I've got to go to the DMV this morning to get my license renewed. Fortunately, because of the plague, the deadline for renewals has been extended a year so if the snow starts early I can wait - I just want it done so it's over with.

I've known a few people over the years that are what I'd think of as pathological hermits; generally, they're morbidly obese and/or hoarders of the worst sort. As best I know, none of us qualifies.

Grammabear

127 this morning.

Barbara - I think skb's avatar is "no sugar cubes". ??

I had a good appointment with the ENT nurse yesterday.  My ear infection is gone and hopefully will not return for a very long time.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021