You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  Not much happening here weather wise but it looks like a big storm in the North East.  If that is affecting you stay safe.
Yeah SKB, working from home and schooling from home have been a necessity for many but there are a lot of jobs than just cannot be done from home  so either the people are not able to work or they are at a much higher risk. 
I don't think I am really a hermit, I just don't go out and socialize and I am perfectly happy when I am home alone.  Certainly not obese but kind of a hoarder, I just hate throwing out something I think I may use sometime.  I have to force myself to go through stuff and just get rid of it.
Grammabear, really glad you got over the ear infection.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this partly cloudy morning.

38° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 46°/30° it could happen. It is nice to see a little sun today.

I'm not obese, 5'4" 145# and not a hoarder though I do have a lot of "stuff". But I do consider myself a hermit. I am perfectly content to stay home alone. I do need to start to clear out "stuff".

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

103 this morning.

Yes, my Avatar is "No to Sugar". Those are a bunch of sugar cubes with the red sign across. I'll put up a high res image later if you like. It's on the my laptop.

A lock-down was imposed here since Mar 20th. I remember that my first visit to my work site was on the 4th of May. At that time I would go out only for important work an managing the rest of the things from home. Since June end I have been out regularly and normally as before. I meet at least 4-5 new people each day and about 20-30 who meet on a daily basis. The masks and all that are only for when you are out on the streets. Within the office, we can't wear masks as it is difficult to talk. I am pretty certain that I have got the virus and have not shown any symptoms or I have the anti-bodies present in my system. At the rate of the spread that was seen there is no chance that I could have kept myself away from it. Sanitizer is more or less a thing of the past now. At least here. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

You cannot view this attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin]
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

Got it now...No sugar...wish we could get that across to so many diabetics...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

45 this morning.

Sorry, SKB, while I like your avatar, low glucose this morning calls for an actual peanut butter and jelly sandwich (well, with lots of butter and just one slice of toast). Sure tastes good!

We did get snow overnight but probably only about half the predicted foot - doesn't look bad so far.

I did go to the DMV yesterday and got my license renewed. The staff there were quite pleasant and now that you have to make an appointment, it was pretty fast. Won't have to do that again for eight years, thankfully.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

105 this morning.

Tamagno - Your glucose certainly called for a PB&J and when that happens - it is so yummy.  Do you have any warnings of oncoming "lows"?

Wally - How is the ear healing now that it has been a few days.

skb - There are very few grocery stores that sell sugar cubes anymore in our area.  I can remember my Grandma used to have a special dish she kept her sugar cubes for her coffee.  When she had a guest over and they would visit while having coffee or tea, she always asked the guest "One lump or two"?  It was considered polite to ask your guest how many they wanted.  Sugar is a habit that goes back a long way for a lot of people.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

74 this morning.  It should get up to around 60° today and windy. 
Grammabear, the ear in healing well and I go have the stitches taken out today.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

106 this drizzly morning.

44° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 43°/30°. With the rain and higher temps. my road is going to become a mud suck again.  I would prefer freezing temps to keep the road hard...

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 17, 2020, 06:39:45 AMSorry, SKB, while I like your avatar, low glucose this morning calls for an actual peanut butter and jelly sandwich (well, with lots of butter and just one slice of toast). Sure tastes good!

Yes, that doesn't apply to the T1s. I liked the vector image so I downloaded it and thought that I'd use it here.

105 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

160 this morning.

Wally, your ear healing quickly is at least partially due to the fact that you've managed your glucose so well, for so long. Congratulations!

My memories are filled with fondness for the post-war days when social gatherings included fatty foods laden with sugar (the bowl of sugar cubes always at hand) washed down with something alcoholic and everyone smoking.

I wonder if the younger, quinoa and tofu eating health fanatics will enjoy longer lives?
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

125 this morning.

My memories include plates of brightly decorated cookies by the dozens made by my Mother at Christmas time.  She would start baking after Thanksgiving and continue to the week before Christmas. All of her siblings and my cousins would gather at my Grandma's farm and enjoy a large celebration, meal and gifts.  As children we loved this time of year, now as adults we realize how much work it was for our parents.  No baking here as it messes with my blood glucose.

Barbara - Having a muddy drive is not fun.  I grew up at a home with a muddy drive, so I can imagine how you feel.  Be safe.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  It looks like we will be warming up a bit the next few days.  We are supposed to get to 60° today and rising to the high 60s over the weekend.  There was a foot of snow in the Sierras so that is a good thing.
Yeah Tamagno I think you are right.  I actually healed a bit faster than the doctor expected so the nurse had to kind of dig a couple of the stitches out but it was not too bad.  It is a lot easier for a T2 to manage blood sugar by just being careful what you eat.  Not that it is easy because there is always something you miss that can cause a spike but that doesn't happen too often.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

94 this cloudy morning.

45° was the high yesterday, 41°/34° is today's forecast. Possibly snow showers after midnight. I was going to go out to run a couple of errands today but the road is so muddy, I think I'll wait until tomorrow and hopefully it will be covered with snow.

My mom was a working mom but every year at Christmas she would make a ton of cookies. My two brothers and I decorated a lot of them. And then of course devour them!! I used to bake a lot of cookies too when my kids were little. MyDD still asks me to bake her favorite one but since I was dx'd I had to stop. I can't have that stuff in the house. I sent her the recipe, don't know if she has made them.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 18, 2020, 07:01:29 AMI wonder if the younger, quinoa and tofu eating health fanatics will enjoy longer lives?

I don't think so. Studies on centenarians have shown 2 things in common. Low insulin and low triglycerides, which are actually sort of interconnected, because the insulin gets the glucose stored as fatty acids, which convert to TGs. All other factors like smoking, drinking, temperament etc turned out to be irrelevant.

133 today. Had homemade pizza for dinner though the bread was the regular carby one.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club