You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

89 this morning's reading  ;D

My sister has tested positive and my mother is suffering from breast cancer and is staying with her. I am worried a lot for that. But my sister has only some stomach problems nothing else. No symptoms.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

192 this morning.

Sweetie, that's just terrible about your sister and mom. I'm praying both recover quickly.

It would be interesting to go back in time to sample some of my grandmothers' cooking. I suspect they used lard when baking, for example (not sure I want to know it's source) but there were sugary carbs everywhere. Family members who farmed ate especially outrageous breakfasts that would choke the most incorrigible Denny's habituée.

Now then, I wish to officially whine about our New England climate which has this morning delivered temperatures below zero. Good grief!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

157 this morning.

Sweety - I'm sad to hear about your sister and your Mother.  I hope each will receive treatment that will help them immensely.

Tamagno - I watched the news yesterday and saw where the north east part of our country received more than a foot of snow in places.  And of course after a snow comes the bitter cold, so not surprising your temps are below zero.  Stay safe and stay warm.

I would like to whine about infusion sets.  There are two kinds, one with a teflon cannula (the part the allows insulin to enter the body) and one with a steel cannula.  I decided to switch from the usual steel cannula I use to a teflon cannula just for the sake of switching.  When I use a teflon cannula, the cannula itself closes up after about 36 hours and my blood sugar starts to climb.  My brain cells forgot that, and I found out the hard way this morning.  So later this morning I have to switch back to the steel cannula.  So disappointing to see a high number.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  We had an overnight low of 28° but it is supposed to get to 60° today and then warming up a bit and maybe even 70° by Monday.
Sweety, sorry to hear about your Mother and Sister.  Hope they are able to recover soon without problems.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this cloudy morning.

44° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 45°/36° with a pretty good chance of rain showers,

Sweety, so sorry to hear about your sister and mam. I will include them in my prayers. Wishing them both a speedy and full recovery. I am a 7 year breast cancer survivor so there is hope.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

134 today. Still running high because of some more bad eating.

Sweety, take care. Hope things in the family turn for the better. My regards and get well soon to them.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

196 this morning.

Grammabear, those cannulas are a source of frustration with CGMs as well as insertion sets. My CGM failed last night (not due to be changed until Wednesday) and I'm sure when I remove the sensor the canula will be bent and/or bloody. (I tried steel, but the canula goes straight in and there's no place I can insert successfully).

Anyway, while it's a bit warmer here this morning, it's not by much. Yet another frigid winter day in New England.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

93 this morning.

Tamagno - If you cgm sensor fails before 7 or 10 days, call Dexcom and they will replace it.  It is supposed to last the full guaranteed time, but as you said - sometimes they do not.  Most aggravating indeed.

It is not too bad a temperature here at 30 deg.  It is sunny and bright and looks like a nice winter day.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  It is warming up here.  We were at 28° overnight but heading to 67° today and 69° tomorrow so pretty nice. 
I got a new security camera for the front porch.  It is a Blink Outdoor from Amazon and I like it a lot.  We have 4 cameras that show the side of the house and the front but they don't cover the porch although they show the walkway from the street but do not quite cover the porch itself.  This camera was a breeze to set up as it is battery powered and connects wireless to my home internet.  It is motion activated and records to a USB flash drive so no "cloud storage" needed.  I got it because I had two packages the Post Office said were delivered and left on the porch but were not there.  I was home so I know that they were not delivered but I decided it would be nice to have a camera backup. Amazon did send me a refund and took my word for it that I didn't receive the packages  but I feel better now that I have a record I can refer to. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this drizzly morning.

Yesterday's high was 42°, today's forecast is 46°/39°. The temp now is already 42°. There is an avalanche advisory for the mountains because of fresh snow on the old snow that was melting due to warm temps. I'm way down in the valley doubt anything would reach me. All I've got is mud!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

132 this morning.

Wally I have been wanting to set up a camera system for a long time. Someday I will get down to it.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

Wally - Your new outdoor camera system sounds very interesting.  I wonder if something like that could be mounted on a brick exterior home?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on December 20, 2020, 08:13:39 PMWally - Your new outdoor camera system sounds very interesting.  I wonder if something like that could be mounted on a brick exterior home?

Yes of course it can.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

115 this morning.

Wally, I'll be interested to hear how you like the Blink cameras. I'm about halfway through doing the same thing, but I'm using Wyze cameras (incredibly cheap, but work well). So far, I have two, one outdoor looking over the deck to the woods and one indoor that looks out to the front. I like the indoor camera especially as it has the capability to pan from its usual outside view around through the room it's in. Similar to yours, they both record to micro-SD cards, so no cloud storage. They can be set for motion activation and the one that pans will follow that motion while recording. If yours have it, you might also get a kick out of having them do time-lapse photos. I've pre-ordered a new doorbell system from the same outfit to cover my front porch.

While I'm on the topic of tech, I've gotten a new recipe app I really like. It's called Recipe Keeper and among other things it will search the web to look for recipes you want, and then formats and saves them according to your specifications. It also will accept scanned photos of recipes from your phone which is cool.

Still winter up here...

Grammabear

120 this morning.

You guys and your cameras make me wish I could talk 'someone' here into doing the same.  It must be interesting to be able to see what is going on outside on your property without getting a jacket on and going outside to look, especially when it is night time.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021