You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

97 this morning.

I like texting because both of our sons work a different shift and also sleep different hours.  Texting allows us to stay in touch at their convenience, yet allow the exchange of actual phone calls if necessary.

It is cold here today at 21 deg F and some of the white stuff predicted for tomorrow.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Snap Grammabear, 97 this morning for me also.  Weather here is pretty nice for this time of year right now and it looks like it will stay pretty much the same.  No rain for the next few days at least and thankfully over for now.  It blew like crazy all day yesterday.
I can see where texting could be useful in a lot of situations.  I look at it as the same as using email, which I do, and I like getting text alerts from my pharmacy and the like.  The  main reason I don't text is that I am not adept at all using the tiny little keyboard on a phone so it's a chore I don't need.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this mostly cloudy morning. That was Kathy, Wally, not me...I wish it was me though.

40° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is for 43° high and overnight low of 27°. It is really cloudy today with the possibility of rain/snow showers. If it does snow, I hope it isn't too much as I have to go out tomorrow to get the ultrasound done.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

I saw that Barbara.  I did correct it now.  Maybe it was too early !   :)
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on February 10, 2020, 03:48:15 PMskb, I just use the message app on my iPhone or Facetime if we want to see each other. How is WhatsApp any different r better than those other options? Just curious.

SMS have very limited funtions. On the other had WhatsApp is very feature heavy. You can exchange/forward all sorts of texts, emojis, GIFs, audio, video and documents. Audio and video calls are also featured, where group calling (up to 3 people) is also possible.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Well, for my usage FT and Message seem to be working just fine for my needs. It sounds like another techie app that I will have minimal ability to use all the features... clueless old lady here. LOL

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

124 this morning.

When I tried texting, among my dilemmas was that of knowing when to end the particular topic at hand. Seemed tricky to know whether or not to text back "thanks" or "got it," etc. so in an effort to be polite, I just decided to stick to e-mail in which I've better command of the etiquette.

Wally, at some point I decided to always use a stylus when using most of my touch screen devices thereby getting less smudging and better accuracy.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on February 12, 2020, 04:53:09 AMWhen I tried texting, among my dilemmas was that of knowing when to end the particular topic at hand. Seemed tricky to know whether or not to text back "thanks" or "got it," etc.

;D  Therefore, WhatsApp uses a single grey tick to indicate message sent, 2 grey ticks to indicate 'delivered', and one of them turns Blue when Read. And Indian courts have on many occasions considered that as 'evidence'.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

94 this morning.

Good Luck Bigskygal at your ultrasound today.  Hope you get good news.

Hitting the right 'key' when I am texting gets to be a real problem for me sometimes.  It is especially troublesome after my recent eye surgeries.  Never tried a stylus though, maybe that would increase my accuracy somewhat.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  It looks like we will be in the high 60s and low 70s for the next few days, no rain in sight I hope we can get some moisture in March and April.
I use a stylus on my iPhone if I have to enter text because my fat fingers are always pushing the wrong key.  I can see the advantage to texting for people that are on the go and not at a computer although many are wrapped up in texting at the worst times when they should be paying attention to what they are doing.  I still don't know what is so hard for many to simply call someone and talk to them.  It seems it is becoming a lost art.  I have access to my desktop computer most of the time so it is easy to use email and if I want to use my phone I call someone.

Grammabear, I found that a stylus is a big help on the phone.  I also found that all styluses (styli ?) are not the same.  Some just don't work well and I went through a few trying to get one that worked well.  This is the one i have found that works pretty well :
https://www.amazon.com/MEKO-Universal-Precision-Capacitive-Replacement/dp/B00N1BRWLA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1T0O3YU4IW9OT&keywords=meko+stylus&qid=1581522217&sprefix=meko%2Caps%2C216&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNVdIODlCMjIxQk9aJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzExMTY4MTlIOE9NUUUxQjhaRSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDk4OTg0QVlMWEYyVTRWMk05JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It comes with two different ends and the blunt one that looks like an eraser doesn't work well but the one end with the little plastic disk works quite well.

I looked at this after I posted it and it looks like you have to copy and paste the link to Amazon but if you do a search on Amazon for stylus and look for the manufacture Meko you will find it.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

106 this snowing morning.

Thia has been a day from he!!! It was snowing fiercely when I got up this morning The drive to the hospital was awful, and I was a wreck by the time I got there. I noticed police cars blocking the cross street a block before the hospital. At the turn-in to the parking lot there were cops blocking the entrance and cars with lights flashing blocking the entrance to the garage. The cop said the hospital was on lockdown no one in or out. There was a man with a gun at the court house a block away and he was at large now. So I couldn't get in for the ultrasound. Kind of * after the stressful drive.

Then I went to Target and did a small shopping. Got to the cash register and my credit card was gone! Fortunately I had just enough cash to pay. Raced home hoping my card was on my desk. Nope... dumped out my purse...nope. There are only a couple of places it could be and it wasn't. Had to cancel it and order a new one...what a day! I am totally frazzled!

It wasn't supposed to be much snow and it ended up being a lot!

Tamagno

109 this morning.

Wow, BigSkyGal, that's a trip to put in your memoirs! Hope you've got things straightened out and have managed to cool off some.

I keep seeing talk of WhatsApp in tech blogs, SKB, and gather it's wildly popular; seems you'd almost have to try it if you're a texter.

Wally, I go through stylii like water and want to try the ones you recommend. (Some get to feeling "sticky" after awhile or have tips that split.)

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

bigskygal - As aggravating as your day was, at least you are safe and back home in one piece.  I'm glad you are ok.  Anymore these days, if it isn't someone with a firearm, it is crazy drivers on the highway that act like the road is all theirs. 

Wally - Thank you for the link for the stylus.  I will look into it and see if it might work for me.  I sometimes see younger people using these things, and always thought it was some kind of special thing that came with the latest phone (which my phone is not).
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Wow Barbara, what an incredible mess of a day !  Dealing with the storm was bad enough but the rest was just awful.  Hope you are able to get things back to normal after that.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

115 this mostly sunny morning.

Yep, yesterday is not a day I want to relive again!! I didn't completely get calmed down until in the evening. A guy shot into a police car, officer not hurt, that is what caused the lockdown looking for him. A large part of jDowntown Missoula was lockeddown. Haven't found him yet. Lockdown was lifted around 3:30PM. I was home by then. Ultrasound rescheduled for Sat morning.