You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

Low this morning (eating a slice of toast with peanut butter and jelly - a tasty treat).

Shortly after I checked in on Christmas we lost internet and soon after that power and phone. Things finally came back on around 5pm on the 26th. Thank God I've got two wood stoves which went a long way toward heating the house. The smaller of the two has a heating plate on top that's adequate for heating coffee at least. I was grateful that my "smart home" devices all came back on line with no problems.

Seem to be mostly back to normal this morning for which I'm very grateful as it's very cold here again today.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Tamagno - Christmas morning was also when we lost power for a period of time.  Wonder if sub-stations had a problem because everyone is home and using electricity?

Weather is forecast to be colder and maybe some white "stuff".  I hope they are wrong.  We didn't get a white Christmas and we really can do without the white stuff now.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  I had a kind of stir fry last night with vegies, beef chunks and shrimp and went a bit crazy and added some rice so a bit higher than I am used to.
We went from a 20% chance of rain Monday to a 70 chance of rain today, hmmmmm.
I think the weather guys missed the call a bit !  It won't snow here, we are at 50° right now, but the mountains are all going to see snow.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 this partly cloudy morning.

40° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 39°/16°. No snow in the forecast until the 2nd and 3rd.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

104 today morning.

This is the Covid Daily Cases graph for India

You cannot view this attachment.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

99 reading today morning.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

124 this morning.

It didn't snow out west because we are getting what you all are missing.  :)  We have a winter storm warning for today, tomorrow and Wednesday.  Sure hope we don't lose power again.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Actually there was snow in the West but at the higher elevations.  I woke up about 3:00 AM this morning to the sound of rain on the roof.  It didn't end up being a lot. 1/10 inch, but significant for here.  It is out of here now and 40° so no snow here but it is snowing right now in the mountains.  Those of you East of here are probably going to get something out of this.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Tamagno

Scary low this morning; took a long time of my wife giving me sugar water, etc., but I'm okay.

I'm aware that in psychiatric circles severely depressed people are sometimes treated with a high dose of insulin to put them into shock, so I figure if I have an event like this morning at least it should knock out any lingering depression I might have...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

bigskygal

98 this sunny morning.

39° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/16°. No snow in forecast here until Wed.

Glad you are OK Tamagno. That sounds very scary.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Sweety

Same reading today, 96.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

101 this morning.

My wife gave me a new TV for my birthday so I'm busy getting it all connected and functioning well. It's amazing - the days when installing a new TV consisted of just plugging it in and maybe connecting to cable are gone. There's a lot to do to ensure you're getting the best picture and sound you can. So far, though, this one (a Samsung 40") is looking great. I've no use for OLED or QLED which are wildly expensive, but this one is good and a big improvement over my old 32" Samsung. I'll still be playing around more yet today...

Grammabear

114 this morning.

Beautiful sunrise this morning, although we are forecast to receive a Winter Storm Warning.  Supposedly 4-7 inches of snow or more and freezing rain prior to the snow.  Not the kind of weather I ordered.

Enjoy your new telly Tamagno.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  The rain has cleared out and although we only got a little the mountains got quite a bit of snow so ski areas are doing well.
Gosh Tamagno that sounds scary, glad you are OK now.
I got a new Toshiba Amazon Fire TV a couple of months ago.  I also don't see a reason to go for a 4K, or now even 8K, as the 1080p TV I have looks great to me.  I like the Fire TV because I have access to so many streaming channels and I don't pay for the cable TV.  We get all of the Los Angeles over the air television stations here Amazon Prime gives me access to a lot.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

111 this foggy, frigid morning.

The high yesterday was only 30°, today's forecast is 34°/19°. It is only 22° now and with the fog/cloud cover, I doubt it will make it to 34°.

Enjoy you new TV Tamagno!