You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

138 today morning.

Setting up a new smart TV is a fun thing and you can spend a few hours every day learning it. You can hook it up with the other gadgets to make full use of it.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

97 today reading.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

106 this morning.

Grammabear, I expect at least some of that snow will be headed this way...

As it happens, some friends gave me one of the new Echo Dots for my birthday (it's decidedly cute being round and about the size of a softball) that I'm going to use along with the Fire TV I'm using on the new TV (Wally, I like Fire TV for the same reasons you do) to create a Home Theater Group that'll give me great surround sound from my new TV. This sort of thing can be a little trickier than ads suggest, but definitely worth the "fiddling around."
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Not sure how 'smart' my TV is however I have hooked up my hearing aid to it so I no longer have to increase the volume to an uncomfortable level for other people in the room.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  We got to 59° yesterday and it looks like we will be in the high 50s for at least the next week.  There as a small chance of rain around Wednesday but that can change and probably will.
I enjoy the Fire TV and I have an Amazon Echo Show but I have not tried to get it to work with the TV.  One thing I didn't like about the TV is the sound, it was kind of lousy, so I got a Bose sound bar and it really sounds good now. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

119 this cloudy morning.

It only got to 22° yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/25.

I don't think my TV is "smart". If by chance it is, I'm not smart enough to figure it out!! LOL!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

126 today morning.

I've been very lax with my food these past few days, but no more. Now lwt me see how fast I can bring myself down into the 80s.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

160 this morning.

A surprisingly warm 40 degrees here this morning but growing cooler through the day.

At some point this fall, the Sony noise cancelling ear buds I'd had my eye on finally reached a sale point at which I was willing to buy them. While I do have a sound bar on our main TV, I often will use these ear buds while watching our other TV. These ear buds do actually cancel out noise from my space heater, fan, wife on the phone, etc., plus have truly astounding clarity of sound that really brings movies to life.

With smart TVs, etc., I can answer the phone while Alexa announces caller ID and simultaneously pauses the picture. My ear buds behave similarly and I can pick up or make calls wirelessly with a touch on the left ear bud. All these conveniences take getting used to as well as patience getting things properly set up, but once settled in can be wonderfully convenient.

The only thing I wish is that you could name Alexa devices whatever you want as she will, at times, interrupt something on TV with a comment if she thinks she's heard her name...

Well, another New Years Eve. Think I'll celebrate by going to bed at 9pm and then New Years Day making sure dates have changed on my insulin pump.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

101 this morning.

We are not doing anything special today, but we are going to get a hair cut which is badly needed.  Our usual schedule for receiving a hair cut has been altered a lot because our governor shut down all small businesses not deemed "essential".  It will be nice to start out the new year looking human again instead of scraggly.

Our weather is only 19 deg F this morning.  Guess I better find my warm hat and gloves to match my winter coat.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  It looks like our weather is going to be pretty much the same for the next few days.  Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 30s without any rain.  There is rain to the West right now but it won't get this far.
All of our TVs are "smart" in that they will connect to the home network and that makes it possible to connect to things like Netflix and the Fire TV connects to the free services that you get with an Amazon prime account.  What is amazing to me is that new "smart" TVs are really not that expensive and often on sale. 
I agree Tamagno.  I wish the echo devices would let you give them a name of your choice.  I have an Echo Show and an Echo Dot in the same room and I chose the Alexa name for the Dot and Echo for the Show but the only other choices were "Computer" and "Amazon"  pretty dumb.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

104 this cloudy morning,

Yesterday's high was 30°, today's forecast is 39°/23°. It is 39° already so it could get warmer. Tjere is a chance of rain in the forecast.

I surely will not be sad to see the end of this year! Here's hoping 2021 will be a much better year! I never do anything for New Year's Eve, dont want to be out on the road with a bunch of drunk people... When my kids were young we used to fix all sorts of different horderves, sometimes the kids even made it to midnight!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

That's what we did too. Slept at 10:00 pm.
Hope the next year will be better for all humanity.
This thread is now closed. You can post your Fasting BG in 2021 to this thread.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club