You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

143 today. I'm trying out a bit of SF ice cream. Turns out it is not SF after all.

I'm headed into the Indian forests after a very long break. Will be out Friday to Sunday. May not be able to post.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

149 this morning.

A good trip to the forest sounds like a great break, SKB. Enjoy!

My wife was going to roast leg of lamb last night but on opening the package realized it'd gone way bad despite having five days remaining on its "use by" label. We had burgers...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

101 this morning.

Tamagno - What an unpleasant surprise to find the leg of lamb had spoiled. 

It is a cloudy day with 32 deg F and more snow is forecast.  Maybe the weatherman will be wrong.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  I used to think that "sugar free" meant you can eat as much as you want.  I found out the hard way that sugar free doesn't mean carb free and a lot of things that say sugar free aren't.
SKB, enjoy your trip.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Grammabear! 101 here too, this mostly cloudy morning. Light dusting of snow this morning. They had over 6" up in town, glad I don't have to go there!

41° was . the high yesterday. Forecast for today is 38°/21° overnight. It is already 41° and may go a bit higher.

Tamagno, I had that happen with lamb once too. Very frustrating and expensive to have to toss it out.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

126 Fasting today.
I'm looking forward to the jungle trip. I'm thinking of taking some of my camera equipment and trying my hand at close up photography of the forest life.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

Quote from: skb on February 17, 2020, 08:59:14 PMI'm thinking of taking some of my camera equipment and trying my hand at close up photography of the forest life.

I've opened up a new tread 'My Pictures' in the Lounge board, to give you an idea of what I mean.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

154 this morning.

SKB, I'll be looking forward to your photos; sounds like an exciting trip.

Wally, I'm afraid many don't notice the carbs and are encouraged to eat them. I'd say at least 90% of diabetic cookbooks, dieticians and pop diabetic plans include great assortments of grains, fruits and sweeteners like honey. Might as well go ahead and eat all this sugar free bran muffin with raisins and dates...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Off in a bit for another skin cancer surgery, this one on my neck.  It should be a lot smaller than the one on my leg so easier to heal.  I'll just be glad when I am over this.
Tamagno, yeah we get a lot of poor information and a lot of it comes from people we should be able to trust like doctors, diabetes instructors and certified dietitians.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

85 this morning.

When a food item goes bad long before its expiration date, it makes me wonder how it was handled before it ever reached the grocery store.  Most meat is a lot more expensive these days than before, so really annoying when you get something bad.

Wally - Good Luck with your skin surgery.  Hope it doesn't hurt too much.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

120 this cloudy, lightly snowing morning. Wasn't expecting snow today at all. At least it isn't much. Was going to run errands today, but think I'll wait until tomorrow.

41° was yesterday's high. Today's forecast is 33°/12° with small chances of snow throughout the day.

In my case it was very expensive imported Australian lamb. I suppose there could have been all sorts of chances for mishandling in that instance.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

127 today morning.

Wish hope everything goes smoothly for your surgery.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

234 this morning.

Adding my best wishes to the others for a successful surgery.

Grammabear

118 this morning.

Pump quit during the night and I did not realize it until I got up to use the bathroom.  I looked at my CGM and it said over 200 and I knew I had not consumed any food.  So I had to stop and remedy the situation.  I did not hear any alerts either, so don't even know if pump did alarm.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  Yesterday was supposed to be the coldest of the week and we got to 69° and supposed to be the same today so not cold t all.  Nice and quite comfortable and we may even have a chance of some rain Saturday. 
Surgery went well and required only 5 stitches so not too big.  I have had some that took 12-13 stitches before.  This one will heal pretty quickly but the one on my leg will take a few weeks more.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024