You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Grammabear, it took awhile before I had clear vision after cataracts. It also changed my near vision so getting good readers that worked had to wait. Eyes seem to take a long time to heal. My wife had similar experiences.

Spent all yesterday exhausted and napping. Hoping for a more productive day today.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

122 this morning.

I am relieved to learn that my blurry vision may be a part of the healing process.  Prior to the last few days when I really had bad glucose numbers, I had tried very hard to stay in target range.  I thought keeping target range would enhance healing.

Weatherman has predicted 3-6 inches of snow coming Tuesday.  Bah humbug - we don't need any more of the white stuff.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  We finally did get some rain yesterday but it was after 6:00 PM.  Only .04 inches which isn't much but it did get everything wet. 
Grammabear, I had one eye done at a time about a month apart and I remember that I was advised to wait for about a month to heal completely before getting fit for reading glasses.  I suspect time will show an improvement.  You had more healing to do than I did.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

121 this cloudy morning. Small chance of rain/snow mix this afternoon.

Well, color me surprised! The high yesterday was 49°! The forecast was for 42°. Today's forecast is for possible rain/snow showers with temps of 44°/26°.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

97 this morning.

Cold morning, but nearly 60 this afternoon. Cold predicted to return later mid-week.

Like everyone else here, I'm tired of the cold and ready for spring but still a ways to go.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  Not having to deal with cold here, high yesterday was 71° and may be around 75° on the weekend.  Nice and comfortable but no rain in sight and we could sure use it.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Temperature here is 35 deg today.  Yesterday it was almost 60 deg which is really strange for this time of year.  They are still predicting snow for Tuesday and Wednesday.  I wish for once they would be wrong with their predictions.

Very glad not to have any appts to keep in the next few days.  Stay warm and safe all of you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

115 this cloudy morning.

The high yesterday was 45° with just a few sprinkles in the evening. Today's forecast is 37°/21° with possibility of rain or snow showers.

The only thing I have to do today is drive the garbage up to the head of the road.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

73 this morning.

It's warm here this morning at nearly 40 and looks to get up in the mid-50s today. Started up the wood stove this morning just to get the overnight chill out of the house, but I won't need it the rest of the day.

Wally, I decided to give my Orbi wifi another try. I've got it working but this time piggy backed to my Apple router. At this point I've now got two routers with two names. I'd like to get them integrated into one, but have a number of hurdles yet to go. Seems I so often run into unexpected problems, but I figure I'll just go slow. At least both are running reliably.

Grammabear

129 this morning.

Not much exciting here except we side stepped a snow storm that was supposed to dump 12 inches on us.  It still could change directions, but I hope it doesn't.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  We got up to 74° yesterday and it should be around the same today.  It looks like we may be having an early Spring.
My home network is pretty simple.  I have cable for internet access and I bought a cable modem/router instead of using the company's modem that you have to pay a monthly fee for.  It is dual channel and covers the house and back yard with wireless access so it is good enough for my needs.  I'm sure you will get it worked out but going slow seems to be the best tactic.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

113 this partly cloudy morning.

42° was the high yesterday. That is also the forecast high for today with overnight low of 23°. No snow in forecast until Saturday,

I get my internet via cable also, Century Link. They have the option of paying monthly for the router or you can buy it outright upfront. I did that, I think if I remember correctly it was something like $99 and they came out and set it up for me. Which was a good thing as I am not techie at all.

skb

157 today morning.

I get my internet through cable also, but I use 2 modems which are interconnected. We now have a fibre optic network in our locality but so far they've done the groundwork and not started giving connections.

Do you guys switch off the wifi at night? I do shut down all phones and the wifi.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

163 this morning.

Finally, I convinced Netgear Orbi to play nice with Apple Air Extreme and got them linked by putting Orbi in AP mode allowing both to function smoothly. While the two routers have and can function via two different names, so far, at least they switch back and forth seamlessly. Coverage and signal strength are solid all through the house. I'll be interested to see how far the signal reaches outdoors once it's warmer.

SKB, my wifi is always on as it's used for a great many things including phone and CGM.

A big problem with tech is the bewildering vocabulary that varies by manufacturer. Netgear is especially at fault and documentation frequently changes terms in mid—sentence - a fault shared with many.  (Anybody remember Robert Pirsig's book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?)

Wally, the stylus you recommended arrived yesterday. Thank you! They're not only longer than most but also have replaceable tips. All good.

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  A bit cooler with an overnight low of 34° but heading to 69° for a high and tomorrow and Friday supposed to be 75° so it may be time to get the shorts out.  `8)   In Los Angeles they are expecting 85-86° !
Glad you got it working Tamagno.  I haven't messed with my home network much and as long as it works I leave it alone.  We don't have fiber optic service here and probably never will.  The cable company is perfectly happy to leave things as they are and collect fees and they have no competition.  I hope that one day maybe there will be a wireless solution.
Glad you like the stylus, it works the best of the ones I have tried.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024