You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

122 this morning.

Sometimes I put things away for safe keeping and then forget for a while, where I put them.  Such is the case with the stylus Wally recommended.  I ordered it, put it away and then forgot which drawer I put it in.  I found it yesterday and it works so much better than my " fat finger" that keeps making typing mistakes.  Thanks Wally for the recommendation.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

100 this cloudy morning.

40° was the high yesterday. Forecast for today is 42°/29°. No rain or snow in forecast until next Tuesday which is very good as my road is now a giant mud suck! I could barely get to the head of the road with my garbage on Monday. My neighbor is a welder and always has huge trucks delivering him stuff sand today he is working on a huge piece of equipment. These trucks have torn up the road. Consequently I'm not going anywhere for a couple days in hopes the road dries sup some.

My wifi is always on, mainly I'm afraid that if I shut it off and there was a problem turning it on again, I wouldn't know what to do to fix it.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

148  :-\

It will take a week to be normal again. I switch off the wifi because at least for some part of the day I don't want the body to be bombarded by all these digital signals. I wonder if there is any escape now, considering that there are a couple of cell phone towers in the vicinity.

The place I visited recently is rather remote but still they had network coverage and use a couple of cctv cameras for the owner to monitor activity from 250 kms away. Unimaginable just a few years ago.

https://animalkingdomweb.com/
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

61 this morning.

Slept late this morning and would have slept later but for all the CGM alarms around this joint. No need for alarm clocks here!

Being awash in various invisible electrical waves is among the "modern worries" I just don't concern myself with. (I confess there are quite a few of these - I've never managed to be on board with trending thought, except for a brief moment in May of 1992 when I was "hip.") In the last few years, I figure I've had literally hundreds of x-rays, so a few more blasts of wifi, Bluetooth, cell signals, etc. seem unlikely to be the death of me.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

skb - Your link for the animal kindom place you visited is awesome.  Such beautiful scenery and a place for people to relax a bit from everyday life.  Thank you for sharing this link.

Tamagno - I have gotten so I turn off the cgm alerts as much as possible on my iphone at night.  I always keep the receiver close by so I can tend to it when it goes off.  My husband finds my cell phone 'noise' annoying, but does like the convenience of knowing what the weather will be at any given moment.  I tried to tell him sometimes a cell phone is like having a small child - they always need tending to.

Weather here is 24 deg F and the wind is almost calm.  Since we have errands today, I am glad for what is considered mild weather.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  It looks like Spring, or what resembles Spring, is here.  Heading to a high of 75° today and the first week of March in the 70s.
With all of the radio waves around us everywhere, radio, TV, Cell Phones,etc, I don't worry about what is coming from my home wireless system either.  I also have had so many X-rays that is probably a bigger threat but then who knows ? 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

121 this mostly cloudy morning.

45° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 48°/26°.

Yeah, I've had so many X-rays that worrying about the wifi is the least of my worries.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

153 today.

With all the electronic waves scattered around us, there is no escape, but avoid what can be avoided, is the logic behind my decision to switch off all devices at night. Death has nothing to do with it. It will come when it will come.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

49 this morning.

CGM alarms kept me up all night - finally discovered this morning that my pump was on too high a basal rate. Got that squared away and am just trying to get myself in order and my head on straight...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

91 this morning.

Tamagno - Wow...a 49 for fbg this morning.  Do take good care of yourself today.  Those really low numbers can remove all your energy.  :)

It is cold here at 19 deg.  A very good day to stay indoors and busy myself doing those chores I keep putting OFF. ;)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Not quite as high of a temp. yesterday as predicted but still 72° so quite nice.  It should be warmer today and there is a slight chance of rain on Sunday.
Off in a bit to get the stitches removed from my neck where I had the skin cancer removed.  It was actually larger than I first thought and when i removed the bandage I saw it was about 2 inches long but it has healed nicely.  The one on my leg is doing well but it will take longer to completely heal.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this mostly sunny morning. Late to post, I went out early to run my errands so maybe the road would still be slightly frozen driving out. Coming home it was a terrible muddy mess.

High yesterday 48°. Today's forecast 60°/32°. It is 54° now, so I kind of doubt it will get up to 60°, but 55° is unseasonably warm as it is.

Wow Tamagno, that is a scary low number. Hope you are feeling better now.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on February 28, 2020, 09:24:00 AMDo take good care of yourself today.  Those really low numbers can remove all your energy.  :)

That is so true. Tamagno hope you are feeling better by now.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

104 this morning.

Much better last night and this morning. I edited my basal rates so I ought to do better overnight - seems at least to have worked last night.

It'll be good to get those stitches out Wally. Sort of a shame you don't frequent bars as some good scars on your neck could make for some salty tall tales.

Cold here today with highs only in the low 20s.

Grammabear

139 this morning.  I had a low number of 65 last night so had a bit of apple juice.  Apparently I enjoyed just a little too much.  :)

Tamagno - I find when I have a really low number like you had, that it takes me several days to return to a better energy level.  Glad you are better today.

Wally - Is there anything you can do to encourage continued healing with your wounds after the procedures you have?  I ask because a family member is having issues with a wound healing and they are also Type 2 diabetic.

bigskygal - Years ago before we had our driveway paved in concrete, we used to deal with muddy roads and a driveway where we would get stuck.  Sometimes we had to park at the end of our drive, just so we could get out again without getting stuck in the mud.  Glad you made it to town and back safely.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021