You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

108 this mostly cloudy morning.

42° was the high yesterday. It is already 50° with a bit of wind. Forecast is for 53°/39°, with a chance of rain overnight. I hope not the road is sort of drying out and I'd like to be able to get out easily in a couple of days.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

147 today morning.

I've seen a kingfisher come to drink some water and bathe in the garden. Summer is around the corner. Mumbai doesn't have distinct seasons except for the monsoon which is rather heavy. Otherwise it is 'very hot' or 'not so very hot'.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

153 this morning.

Connecticut has the habit of tying itself in knots with the laws it passes. For arcane reasons, my road was designated a "scenic road" a number of years ago and so can never be paved. The town is good about maintaining it, but can't use gravel and has trouble getting dirt as there's also a law against mining (unless the hole is dug for something else).
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this morning.

I see the eye surgeon today for the monthly post op dilated eye exam.  A dilated eye exam is not my favorite experience but supposedly necessary.

Tamagno - However do you and your spouse travel on a dirt roadway when it snows or rains heavily?  I agree that Conneticut has some unusual laws.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We didn't quite get to the predicted high of 75° but close enough at 73° and heading to 78° today.  Cooling trend next week and a chance of rain looks better.
The snow geese that inhabit here in the winter are heading home flying in their V formations and honking like crazy as they pass by.  That is a common sign of Spring coming around here.
Grammabear, hope your eye exam comes out good.  I don't mind having my eye dilated but it does make the drive home difficult.  I wear my regular sunglasses along with the temp. ones the eye doctor hands out.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

113 this windy, cloudy, with a spit of snow morning.

50° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 44°/24° with small possibility of rain/snow mix. What I hate is the dang wind!!

The snow geese have been arriving/passing by for a week or so. The quails are back and the blackbirds too. No robins yet, still a little cold for them I think. Spring is definitely on the way.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

153 this morning.

Dirt roads are surprisingly good for driving in snow and ice. Heavy rain is another matter, but my car has real four-wheel drive like a truck and will go just about anyplace. Or, I stay home.

Can't say we're feeling much spring here yet, but we are getting some temperatures near 60. Don't want things starting to bloom too early and then having a frost, but so far all is well.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

154 this morning.

My eye exam went ok yesterday.  Eye surgeon dismissed me saying that everything looks healed very well and he also tested my eyes and gave me a new prescription for eye glasses.  If I can read with them I will be delighted as I haven't done much reading for months.

I'm also looking forward to seeing colors come alive this Spring as my cataracts made everything a much more dull color.

We bought our first package of garden seeds yesterday and looking forward to having a meal of fresh greens from our garden. :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  Well, we did get to the predicted 78° yesterday and should be around the same today. 
Off in a bit to the Dentist for a regular cleaning and check up. 
Most of the birds around here stay year around.  The snow geese that winter here take over some areas like the city parks and ball fields.  I don't know how many come here but it is a lot. 
Glad you are doing better Grammabear, I hope your glasses work as well as mine.  The colors is the first thing I noticed when I had my cataracts removed.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this mostly sunny morning.

45° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 57°/30°. It is 48° now, I'd be surprised if it actually got that high.

We've really had a relatively mild Winter (thank goodness), I heard on the news that it may be a very bad allergy season this year...boo!

skb

132 this morning.

We had a variety of birds come to our garden till the time that the neighborhood was a pristine forest like environment. In the rare sightings, I've seen a Hornbill once and a White Breasted Waterhen made a few appearances during monsoons. Now, the adjoining property has developed into high rises (still building) and the occasional parakeet or Kingfisher excites me. Another year or so and they may not come ever again. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

It is sad when building destroys the ecology. I am fortunate to live in the boonies and all land around me has been subdivided to the legal limit. And I have almost more birds than I can afford to put seed out for!! I used to do it as it was "cat TV" for my Boo, now it just entertains me...

Tamagno

51 this morning.

Glad you got a good report from your ophthalmologist, Grammabear. I agree with Wally that you're likely to notice more vibrant colors.

Most people around here don't put out birdseed as it's sure to attract bears (way too many stories of finding them in your kitchen).

Grammabear

108 this morning.

I enjoy reading about different parts of the world and the wildlife living there.  We live in a semi rural area but still have too many concrete roadways.  We used to see sandhill cranes in the Spring, but not anymore.  We do enjoy the smaller song birds though.

Hubby said a spring flower called the Crocus has just started poking its leaves through the ground.  Most of our snow has melted except for piles left by snowplows.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We got to 79° yesterday and it is supposed to be the same today.  Cooler and windy over the weekend but dry.  There is a good chance of rain next week so keeping my fingers crossed.
We had more of a variety of birds up on the mountain but here in town there is still quite a lot of different birds.  We even have an occasional Road Runner passing through. 
Wildflowers just started popping up here also. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024