You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

120 this morning.

It's a nearly spring day today - 50 was the low this morning going to a high over 60.

Grammabear, when on hold with most places I put my phone to speakerphone and usually leave it there as it seems to make it easier to hear. It's popular to talk fast and those are the company reps that drive me crazy.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

114 this morning. 

Tamagno - Most times when I make a phone call, I have to put my phone on speaker or I cannot hear the other party at all.  I rarely make a phone call or answer one in public either simply because I don't hear that well.  I have good friends who are of Hispanic descent and I can hear them perfectly when we are face to face.  It is over the phone that I have great distress.  While I was on the phone with Boost Mobile representative, my husband was sitting at our dining room table and even he could not understand the person speaking.  I don't know what to do to solve my problem.  It isn't like I can get a new pair of ears, they just don't work. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  It did start raining about an hour ago so it will get wet today.  It is light but steady and that is good.  Some areas are getting pretty heavy rain and snow in the mountains.  We haven't had any rain here since December 26 so it is very welcome.
I also put my phone on speaker when I am on hold.  It's better than holding the phone to my ear for who knows how long.  I don't feel a need to apologize if I have to ask someone to repeat what they said.  It is their job to communicate and if their accent or fast talking make it difficult I will let them know.
Grammaber, don't feel bad about having to ask them to repeat what they said and slow down so you can understand.  It's not just you that has a problem understanding these people sometimes.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this partly cloudy morning.

Yesterday's high was 45°. Today's forecast is 50°/38°. It is already 51° so that is exceeded already.

Shopping was interesting yesterday. The local drug store is all out of hand sanitizer, they did have 2 packs of the wipes, I bought one for the car. The toilet paper aisle at the grocery store was practically empty...really TP? Why?? They only had some spray on natural hand sanitizer tucked in with the natural body care products. I bought one container and when I unpacked it the exp date is MaY 20. LOL, guess it wasn't much of big seller. I not scared or worried, but I blame the media for fanning the flames of this paranoia.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

191 this morning.

Problems often arise for me when I ask someone to say something slower and louder is that they just won't do it and repeat exactly the previous jumbled, unintelligible hash at the same volume.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

124 this morning.

I sometimes get really exasperated when I ask for someone to repeat what they just said, and of course they repeat it at the same volume and in the same frenzied way.  What calms me is that someday, if they live long enough, they might be in the same situation as I am and their hearing will not work as it did when they were younger too.  Karma comes around I think.

What is the deal with TP being in short supply?  On Facebook a guy from Australia said the store shelves there are bare of that item?  I don't get it?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  We ended up with just under 1/2 inch of rain yesterday.  Not a lot compared to what many others see but quite good for here.  The storm has pretty passed through but there is a slight chance of some shower activity in the next few days. 
The hoarding of toilet paper is a sign of panic buying and people seeing empty shelves on the news and on line are buying things that may be irrational but give them the sense that they are doing something when they don't really know what to do.  I think it is like a stampede where people start running because they see others doing it without any idea of why.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this dark, cloudy morning.

51° was yesterday's high. Today's forecast 51°/28° with possible rain. Snow in forecast for Fri and Sat.

On another forum I frequent people were talking about TP and bottled water being bought up. Neither make any sense...it isn't like a storm or whatever that public services will be interrupted. The hand sanitizer I understand, but just frequent washing of hands will work too. The hard thing that they recommend is not touching your face when out and about. We unconsciously touch our faces many, many times a day. I caught myself almost touching several times yesterday and diverting my hand quickly. It must have looked pretty odd! 

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on March 11, 2020, 03:51:57 PM111 this dark, cloudy morning.

51° was yesterday's high. Today's forecast 51°/28° with possible rain. Snow in forecast for Fri and Sat.

On another forum I frequent people were talking about TP and bottled water being bought up. Neither make any sense...it isn't like a storm or whatever that public services will be interrupted. The hand sanitizer I understand, but just frequent washing of hands will work too. The hard thing that they recommend is not touching your face when out and about. We unconsciously touch our faces many, many times a day. I caught myself almost touching several times yesterday and diverting my hand quickly. It must have looked pretty odd! 

Barbara I agree with you about touching our faces.  Sometimes I do it and am barely aware of it.  Which one of us hasn't had an itchy spot on our face and up goes the hand to remedy that?  I saw yesterday that the soap aisle at our grocery store looked like they were giving it away.  Hardly anything there for sale.   ???
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Touching the face, especially the nose comes naturally to me. I've been doing it all my life. I cannot expect to change that habit. Masks and sanitizers are out of stock everywhere. Now that WHO has declared this as a pandemic, things are going to get worse, before they get any better.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

117 this morning.

I have a lovely dental appt today because a crown I have came off.  Sigh....I was hoping for a quiet day at home. :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

108 this morning.

The TP shortage is clearly a scheme on the part of Big Bidets to get people buying their devices. Undoubtedly in conjunction with Big Plumbing.

Can't say I see this as a pandemic, but the best thing to do is wash your hands.

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  It looks like we will have a small chance of some rain in the next few days but more likely not.  Some parts of Southern California are getting significant rain so that is good.
I had blood work done Monday and the results look good.  My A1c was 5.0 and anywhere in the 5% range is good for me.  Lipid panel looks good also and better than they were 4 months ago so I think diet is OK.
Well, the WHO has now named it a pandemic so I guess that is what it is.  It also depends on where you are and what you are doing.  Not too worried here but good hygiene seems to be the best preventative. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

121 this mostly clear morning.

51° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 46°/24°. It is 46° now so that was right on.

So far, there have been no cases of the virus here, but that can and probably will change. A Montana woman came down with the virus while visiting Maryland so there may be exposed people here that will come down with it, or she caught it while traveling. I'm not too worried, I am a hermit and only go out once a week or 10 days and am very careful when I do go out. I'm that person that wipes the shopping cart down at the door going in and going back out too.

Tamagno

68 this morning.

Got my taxes done yesterday, thereby completing that most onerous of annual duties (and that's just getting stuff pulled together to send to the account - another big fee). At least it's done - hopefully with nothing due.

A high of 60 today is very much a step in the right direction!