You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

124 this morning.

I was so lucky with my dental appointment.  Dentist was able to resurface the tooth and clean up the old crown and re-glue it back on again.  And the best part??  No charge!!

We also had our taxes done yesterday and will pick up the final papers next week.  It is always a good feeling to complete that yearly ritual.

It is sunny here at 32 deg F with a anticipated high temperature of 45 deg F.  Not too bad for March 13.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  I woke up this morning to the sound of rain which was not expected.  It is light but has been steady so far and at 1/4 inch so far.  Some areas are getting quite heavy rain so it is really helpful.
My taxes are pretty easy so I have been using an on-line service for a few years and I get it over with usually in February. 
Grammabear, good news for sure. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

121 this mostly cloudy morning.

Yesterday's high was 46°. Today's forecast is 42°/21° with 60% chance of snow in the afternoon/evening.

Ugh, taxes! I have everything in a pile, I just need to organize it and get it to the preparer. It is my goal to do it this weekend. Not touching it on Friday the 13th!!

That is great news Grammabear.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

127 this morning on the new meter.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

111 this morning.

Ive acquired a new section of back pain (there's a compression fracture at the base) in my mid-back that I thought I'd worked out but it flares unexpectedly and is debilitating. It's almost enough for me to agree to PT...

Thankfully, though, it's warm enough that I'm not running the wood stove!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

128 this morning.

My trip to the grocery store yesterday is a lesson for us all.  Do be careful!!!  Our store was horrendously busy, worse even than Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years all rolled into one.  I got hit three times by other people's carts before I had been in the store 10 minutes.  There are shortages on toilet paper, vegetables, paper towels and kleenex, Oh - and rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.  People are absolutely crazy.  I believe in good hygiene, but we saw people with 40-80 rolls of toilet paper.  We were SO glad to get out of there!!!  Be cautious all when you go to the store. :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We ended up with about 1/4 inch total rainfall yesterday which helps.  Later in the day the wind picked up and it has been quite windy and will continue through today and tomorrow.  A major storm is going to bring more rain and they say "feet" of snow to the Sierra Mountains which will do a lot for the snow pack that provides water for most of Southern California.
Yeah, it is crazy when people panic and shopping right now is a nightmare everywhere.  I had to go out yesterday because we were out of coffee and it was a zoo.  I would like to ask someone why they think it is necessary to hoard toilet paper ?  The Walmart had no toilet paper, no paper towels and no napkins !  They get one truckload a day and it is gone as soon as it is put on the shelf.  You would think that eventually people would have so much that it would return to normal but not so far.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 this lightly snowing morning.

42° was the high yesterday. Today is going to be much cooler, forecast is 32°/14° with possibly a little more snow. Not even an inch fell earlier and most has already melted off.

I don't get the paper product hoarding either. On another forum, a woman said someone on ebay was selling TP for $.99 a sheet!! Sheesh! Tamagno, you may be on to something though. On that same forum (Primetimer a TV discussion board) there has been a discussion about bidets and how great they are.

Grammabear, sorry you had such a bad experience shopping. I will probably venture out Monday, I could wait another week, will decide Monday. I never shop on the weekends, I leave that for the folks that work. I am in a very rural area, when I shopped last Monday, things were fairly calm, but I have a hunch people are getting more stressed over the shortages. I ordered a 6-pack of baby wipes from Amazon last night just to have as a back up... Times like this make me rather glad I am a hermit...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

113 this morning.

I'm with you BigSkyGal, and just naturally avoid people. Eventually, this ridiculous panic will end (if anyone remembers it, the swine flu was much worse and there was no such hysteria) and some people will be left with cartons of TP in their basements which will get used for mouse nests.

Our weathers actually predicting a high of 70 next week - yay!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

177 this morning.  In the process of trying to figure out why my bs is so high today.

I don't look forward to our next grocery store trip.  I saw a guy with two carts - one was full of TP and the other was full of drinking water.  Don't understand the need for SO much extra stuff.  It must cost a lot of money too.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  Another very windy day yesterday and it is supposed to be windy again today but so far it is calm.  Another chance of rain late Monday and Tuesday.
The shopping frenzy is just nuts.  There is no shortage but people have created a panic and there is no sense to it.  Staples like paper goods are one thing but people are hoarding perishables like bred and meat so there is going to be a lot of food thrown away pretty soon. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

Just so you feel normal, it's equally bad here.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

129 this cloudy morning. Don't know where that came from, but oh well.

High yesterday was 32°. Today's forecast is 32°/12° with small chance of snow.

This was posted on the other forum I read: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

A guy and his brother in TN drove around several states and bought up all the hand sanitizer and wipes they could find. They sold them on Amazon for steep prices and of course people were buying them up. A couple weeks ago I searched Amazon for hand sanitizer and found some listings for 2-8oz bottles at $89!! Amazon, ebay and Walmart online!  too have pulled all these listings and suspended the sellers. These jerks now are stuck with 17,700 bottles of sanitizer. Meanwhile so many people go without. It just boggles the mind the craziness of this whole panic.

Yes, I remember the Swine Flu time and the utter lack of crazy panic/hoarding.

skb

This time around, it is the power of "social media" driving people crazy.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

Quote from: skb on March 15, 2020, 09:57:33 PMThis time around, it is the power of "social media" driving people crazy.

Not only the SM but the Media in general. They are fanning the flames of panic at every chance. Sanity seems to be long lost in this time...