You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

209 this morning.

It is cold here today - in the low 20s this morning. I really ought to start up a wood stove, but haven't yet got up the energy. My pump occluded sometime in the middle of the night so everything has been disrupted getting that fixed.

Once I've had coffee and breakfast I'll have to see if I can get myself back on schedule.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

133 this morning.

I guess there is something to be said for 'keeping to yourself' sort of lifestyle.  Now they call it 'social distancing'....we used to call it being a hermit - which is probably what I am.

Weather is trying to snow outside and it is only 34 degrees.

Stay safe everyone.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We now seem to have a very good chance of rain starting later this afternoon and through tonight. 
Tamagno, hope you get to feeling better and really hope you get that wood stove up and putting out heat.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this partly cloudy morning.

32° was yesterday's high, tiny bit of snow in the afternoon but none of it stuck. Today looks to be a bit warmer with forecast of 44°/19°.

I still haven't decided if I am going to go out today yet. I keep going back and forth. We now officially have 6 positive tests in the state. 2 are 40-50 miles away from me. I think I should go out today, fill the car with gas, get some groceries, go to PO while it is early times before it has spread more widely. I haven't been out in a week, I could go another week, but then things could be worse.

All K-12 schools were closed for 2 weeks last night and the colleges are all going online for the rest of the year. MT is small population-wise we only have just a bit over 1 million residents, so we are pretty spread out except for the few "large" cities. I guess some of the panic is beginning to set in with me...this is the first time since I've lived alone (23 yrs) that I just wish I had someone around... sorry for the vent...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

138 fasting this morning. A bit higher but I'm working on that.

Isolation is something that I enjoy for a while. From birth, we're surrounded by people, as the family system is very strong and organized in India. I have a handful of friends and very few family members who are in touch, but I need some company. Being alone is not for me.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

104 this morning.

It must have been about the age of one that I looked around and thought: "This could be a bumpy ride; I'd best shut up and stay to myself."

Naturally, the irony of it is that I chose the very public life of a performer and achieved it. While I did learn considerable social skills, on retiring I've now reverted to my original plan.

In looking around and hearing the stories of this current "crisis" I think my original scheme well advised.

Not quite so cold today with warmer weather to come.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

118 this morning.

I had two younger friends offer to fetch things from the grocery store yesterday.  Not sure how I feel about that as I don't want anyone to accidentally be exposed to the virus. 

My husband and I are usually the ones to keep to ourselves but do enjoy the company of others for a short time.  I don't know what that makes us or how others would describe it.  It almost seems like the world has stopped for awhile.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  We did get a little rain yesterday in the evening but only 1/10 inch so not a lot.  Some areas nearby got around 1 inch but it didn't quite get this far.  Today cooler and windy again. 
Since retiring I have avoided crowds.  Not really a hermit but I really don't mind being alone.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

99 this beautiful sunny morning.

The high yesterday did end up being 44°. Today's forecast is for a warmer 51°/26°.

The hoarding during this crisis is so weird and random. Like I said in my other post, there was no chicken at all in the meat section, no milk, other weird ones were no large bags of flour, no powdered sugar, no fruit cups and pudding cups, no hot dogs. I just don't get it.

A funny aside. I went to the liquor store for a bottle of vodka, and two guys came in after me, looked like they were stocking up for a bar!! In line they said, "Yeah some people are stock piling TP, we're stock piling booze! I laughed, but later had the thought their wives are probably out grabbing the TP!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on March 17, 2020, 04:16:15 PMA funny aside. I went to the liquor store for a bottle of vodka, and two guys came in after me, looked like they were stocking up for a bar!! In line they said, "Yeah some people are stock piling TP, we're stock piling booze! I laughed, but later had the thought their wives are probably out grabbing the TP!

;D

137 today.

Our State government has declared that all their offices will be shut down for a week from today. Traffic wise the city has been very good the past few days. My daily commute of 1 hr 15 minutes has come down to 30 minutes. I've seen WhatsApp forwards of a Happy Green Earth. I love the term social distancing. Maybe a virus is what was required to put some sense in us.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

97 this morning.

All manner of interesting unintended consequences out there, vis, I hear that Isis has forbidden its members to travel (!?!).

Plus, I managed to avoid an oncologist visit this morning - I'll still have to go out for some blood tests and a CAT scan, but those are very local.

By the way, my tongue in cheek comment about this being a bidette manufacturers plot is perhaps vindicated as their sales have spiked, I hear.

Well, interesting times, I suppose...

skb

Maybe this is called for

You cannot view this attachment.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

96 this morning.

Traffic going by our house is reduced considerably, so people must be paying attention to guidelines.  The Chrysler plant close to where we live has also shutdown for two weeks, but I think that is because 'sales' are poor.

We have a bidet and rather like it.  We don't need quite as much TP so I don't have to try and find some on the store shelves.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Spot on SKB  ;D

98 this morning.  There is rain to the South and East of here but it won't make it this far.
Right now there is a very small chance we will see any more rain this month.
Right now I have no desire to go out into the public arena and am just as happy to stay at home.  There will be times when it is necessary to leave home but not too many.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

115 this mostly cloudy morning.

50° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 49°/24°.

When the UPS guy came today, I asked him if they are going to stay open. He said that Homeland Security declared them vital or some such thing and they would not close down. That's good to know, I  was wondering how all the online ordering TPTB are encouraging us to do would get delivered if they closed.