You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

130 today.

I have to travel again on the 27th this month, but at the rate that things are shutting down, I don't know if that is going to be possible. Then again, how long can this last. I think the world is waiting for its nex "Breaking News".
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

93 this morning.

We have been 'home' for a week now and are running out of staples like eggs, heavy whipping cream etc.  Today we are going to make a quick trip to the local grocery store and hope we don't run into a mob of people there.  Some stores in a nearby city have designated special shopping hours for Seniors but their hours are 6-7 a.m. which is a bit early for us.

Our weather forecast today is 57/37 deg F and it is currently very foggy and 41 deg F.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

97 this morning.

Went down to our local grocery yesterday where it was mostly business as usual. They were pretty much cleaned out of paper products and chicken, but they were even then stocking. Also went to have blood drawn where it was quiet, with nothing different other than techs wearing masks.

I'm with SKB and waiting for the "next big event," (hmm, I'm guessing alien landings).

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Weather wise not too exciting, mid 60s and no rain until maybe next week.
Happy vernal equinox, first day of Spring in the Northern Hemi.

Come Thursday (March 19), we will have a change of the seasons: the occurrence of the vernal equinox,
marking the official start of spring in the Northern Hemisphere and autumn in the Southern Hemisphere.
In fact, it will be a rather auspicious occurrence: the earliest that the equinox has occurred  nationwide in 124 years.

I am looking forward to warmer temps.

I do need to go out and pick up some items today but not a lot. Stores around here are shortening their hours to give them a chance to restock.  In the LA area they are opening up early for senior only shopping but not here.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this partly cloudy morning.

46° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 48°/21° with snow in the forecast for next Tuesday and Wednesday.

When I was out on Monday, the grocery had no milk or HWC so I got Coconut milk and Almond milk. Albertsons, Fresh Market and one other large supermarket chain have set aside two mornings a week for people that need a safer shopping experience, but again 7-9AM is way too early for me plus they are up in town and I'm not going there until I have to. One local small store in the next town up has asked that shoppers allow the older shoppers until 10AM to shop at less risk. I'm good for more than another week, but may try up there when I need to go out.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

132 today morning.

Our Prime Minister addressed the nation yesterday evening. He has "requested" a self imposed curfew on Sunday for India. Sounds like a practice run for a lock down if needed.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

44 this morning.

I've got to go down to our local hospital this morning to pick up contrast fluid for a CAT scan Monday; should be interesting.

My wife brought home her work laptop in preparation for doing video shrink sessions next week. Wow, their proprietary software is a nightmare - just connecting to our wifi can, at least so far, only be accomplished by Ethernet, among other things. Their IT people are going to be busy. Should also be interesting to see how many of her clients have and can use the requisite tech.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

123 this morning.

We did one quick errand in town yesterday and also a quick stop at the local grocery.  My husband went into the grocery and got only what I had on the list.  Trip took him all of 20 minutes to get in and out again.  But at least for a few days we can enjoy some fresh blackberries as a treat.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  I did go out and picked up a couple of things at the grocery store yesterday.  I avoided Walmart because I didn't want to deal with the crowd but the Albertson's was not crowded and stock was close to normal.  People are still hoarding and  panic buying and I have to believe that it can't go on too much longer because they won't have any place to put stuff.  California has issued an order that closes all businesses that are not "essential" like restaurants and bars and the like but grocery stores are considered essential and are to remain open but people are still worried that they will close. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this partly cloudy morning.

45° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast 48°/26°.

I didn't want to have to go out for at least another week, but I need to pick up my test strips from my PO box. I wanted to see if the PO would home deliver, but no one answered the phone today so I guess I'll go early tomorrow. May run into the grocery store too...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

I'm at 135 today morning.

Since I don't do the groceries, I have no idea what the situation is. Hoarding is a natural survival instinct of people everywhere and I guess that it is being done here as well. The "Me first" syndrome is more visible in Indians (to me) than in the rest of the world and I believe over population is the culprit of that feeling. The things that people tend to hoard are of no interest to LCHF-ers so I guess that we're safe if the supply side is maintained.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

80 this morning.

I'm late on account of some internet problems that I think I've ironed out, at least for now. Hopefully, internet remains secure and isn't overloaded with more users at all hours. Should something happen to that, the whole work from home affair will be seriously problematic.

Grammabear

102 this morning.

Our Governor (Illinois) has ordered the 'stay at home' order starting at 5 p.m. this evening.  Husband and I are going for haircuts that were scheduled for next week, then we will be staying home.  We are allowed to go for medicine and to the grocery store.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  We got a little rain overnight, not a lot but still it got things wet.   Another chance Sunday so it all helps. 
The hoarding thing is something I have never seen before.  I guess it is something people think is going to help them but why they think this is something I don't understand.  To fill your garage with cases of paper goods and bottled water and canned food is certainly an over reaction, especially when there is no shortage of these items and no reason to think there will be.  The only problem is that the supply system is not built to deal with this demand so they see empty shelves and panic. 
SKB, all food items, including perishables, are being hoarded along with many essentials like toilet paper and cleaning supplies so LCHF or not it is having an effect.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

106 this partly cloudy morning.

Yesterday's high was 48°, it was 20° when I went to bed last night just after 1AM.  Today's forecast is 55°/29° with a small possibility of rain.

I decided to wait until Monday to go get my strips. I like to leave the weekends to the people that work during the week. First confirmed case in my county yesterday. A young girl aged 10-19 (they're trying not to give away too much info on her I guess), she had been traveling internationally. It is a good distance south of me so I feel safe t go to the store and PO Monday. I will sure be glad when this is over!