You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

135 again today.

Today is a nation wide shut down. All the health professionals that have come on TV are warning that the numbers being reported from India are grossly under reported because testing facilities are inadequate. They also warned that this virus is about to explode in a China scale type magnitude because of the density population. The next 14 days are supposed to be critical.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

154 this morning.

A decidedly unspring-like morning at only 20 degrees. Likely start the wood stove shortly.

My sister, who is a Mormon, is way ahead these days as they're told to keep a substantial (I think a year) supply of food, etc. on hand anyway.

We're just fine except my wife is still struggling to sort out the tech problems involved in seeing patients by Skype or FaceTime. (The IT people at her hospital must be aging rapidly.) Interestingly, many of her clients seem to prefer this, often surprisingly so. I suppose it's one of those times of rapid change - this time worldwide which is a state of affairs that's unprecedented. Interesting...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.

We also have cool temperatures today at 30 deg F.  Snow is forecast for tonight, but I hope they are wrong.

I understand that 'virtual visits' are becoming widely available in many health care systems.  I rather like that idea because chances are the people that are sitting in waiting rooms these days in a Dr's office are truly sick.  I personally would prefer to see the Dr via technology if possible.

Yesterday we decided to use as much of our pantry items as possible before we venture out again.  So, last night we had wild rice for supper.  Hubby loved it, I had a small serving.  Its been ages since I had any rice at all.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  It's not really cold here, just cool with daytime highs in the mid 60s.  We are expecting a bit of rain tonight then windy tomorrow and Tuesday.
There is no shortage of food but people have put such a demand on everything that the supply lines are having trouble keeping up.  We normally have about a two week supply on hand and that is still  where we would like it.  I understand people wanting to avoid going to the market but I think that by taking precautions it is probably safe.  Apparently the biggest problem is for people with respiratory problems. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

123 this sunny morning.

54° was the high yesterday. Today looks to be about the same with a forecast of 53°/28°.

I was watching TV last night and an episode if Pit Bulls & Parolees came on. It was titled "Moments That Made Us Laugh". It was hilarious and I laughed out loud so many times, I could feel the smile on my face! When it was over I felt like a weight had lifted off me. I hope the feeling can last a while. I didn't realize how crushed I had been feeling over all this virus stuff.

The only reason I am going out tomorrow is to pick up my test strips. I will check the grocery to see if by chance there is TP, but I won't panic if there isn't any.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

129 today morning.

I've spent 2 days at home and work from home doesn't really apply in my case as the work at site has also come to a grinding halt. I plan to build a small resort in a piece of land that I have near a forest reserve near Nagpur and all that I have been doing is working on the floor plans on autocad. Eventually it has to be done by an Architect, but I'm just trying to get better at the very complex software.

India is still reporting some 341 cases and 5 deaths. That's too low for a country of this population size and demographics. Whereas news reports say that New York alone has over 6000 cases. Though all of the cases reported here have in someway some connection to Europe, it still doesn't sound right to me. The numbers must be much much higher for the government to take such drastic measures.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

94 this morning.

Heavens, SKB, learning autocad and building a resort are huge projects! I've always admired people with the guts to proceed with those kinds of projects - probably should reserve a suite in advance...

I'm going for a CAT scan this afternoon so at least I'll get out of the house. Our local hospital doesn't have the greatest reputation, though, when it comes to infections so when I go there the primary goal is to avoid admittance. By now, I must have refused stays there nearly a half dozen times and that was before the current scare.

I agree, SKB, the numbers for verified cases of this virus don't seem sensible. I figure it's going to be awhile before the whole story of this state of affairs becomes known - if ever.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  We got about 1/4 inch of rain overnight and now it is out of here.  It doesn't look too promising for any more for the rest of the month but that can always change.
There aren't enough test kits to test every single person and many who show no sign of having the virus are infected and passing it on to others.  One thing we do know is that a lot of people are infected and it is probably a good idea to assume that close contact with anybody is not a good idea.  Still people are ignoring pleas to keep from crowding together and that is a problem.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

103 this morning.

It snowed several inches here last night and this morning it is frosted over.  Visibility is kind of foggy and frosty all at the same time.  It looks pretty outside, but I think it is maybe hard for people to see well during their morning drive to work.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

109 this windy morning.

52° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 55°/28° with a chance of rain this afternoon and snow this evening. Don't care about the rain or snow but I don't like the wind!!

Went out really early (for me), just before 9AM.Picked up my strips and mailed a bill at the PO. The grocery was really empty, which was good. No TP, of course, Tuesday is apparently TP delivery day, a posted sign said TP Tuesday... Not going out again tomorrow. Plenty of milk, scored some HWC! Bread shelves all empty no problem with that. One woman was loading bags of flour in her cart...huh? The things people are hoarding just don't make any sense.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

122 today morning. My numbers are expectedly dropping a bit every day.

Appeals and section 144 (no gatherings of 4+) have had not much effect, so a Curfew has been imposed. State & City borders are sealed. Trains and flights shut down. Except 'essential services, everything is closed. I'm making good use of the TM and the weights machine. Besides that my computer keeps me busy. Thank God for the internet.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

102 this morning.

I don't know, it's the second time since I got up this morning that I found myself napping in my chair - hopefully this time I'll be awake enough to get myself going.

Grammabear, we also had snow most all day yesterday which was unexpected. It's been warm enough, though, that it's mostly melted.

My CAT scan at the local hospital yesterday revealed that joint to be the emptiest I've ever seen it. These sorts of things feel somewhat post-apocalyptic to me as though I'm in the middle of a sci-fi tale - maybe I am...

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  It's supposed to be warming up and next week it is predicted to be in the high 70s so that is a plus for me.
Tamagno, I'm not sure what your CAT scan results mean but I hope you are going to be OK.
A lot of people are ignoring the orders to avoid crowds and stay home and that is a problem.  I think it is sort of a denial thing and the feeling that it won't affect me so I can do anything I want.  The pandemic of 1918 killed thousands of people but we are not very good at learning from the past.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

114 this mostly cloudy morning.

55° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 46°/28° with gradual warming over the next 10 days, snow is in the forecast for Sunday and next Tuesday. But with the temps forecast, I don't see it snowing.

I agree Wally, people really need to take this social distancing much more seriously. When I was at the PO yesterday, I was using the Handicap button to open the doors with my elbow, one didn't work and a guy inside opened the door for me. I thanked him and went to my box. He was standing right next to another person waiting for the door to the windows to open and I heard him say "All this distancing and washing hands is just a bunch of cr@p." Great buddy you could be a healthy carrier infecting so many.

And an unexpected repercussion to the TP hoarding...a town just South of me is having sewer problems from all the wipes being flushed by people. And heaven help any one flushing them into a septic tank, they will really clog it up! I have wipes, but never would flush into my septic. I wish people would let go of the insanity.

skb

109 today morning.

We have reported some 500+ cases of covid-19 and 10 deaths so far. With a nationwide quarantine of 21 days it looks like we might be able to stop this menace. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club