You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

75 this morning.

Living about 100 miles from New York City, many of its residents use our rural community as a place for weekend homes and bring their particular flavor of angry narcissism with them when they come here. To most, social distancing means standing 6" away instead of shoving you aside and any considerations over hoarding somehow simply don't mean them. Insofar as New York is also an international crossroads with a very loose concept of border security, they now have some 20,000 cases of the current menace that they're bringing here when they come.

On the other hand, there's something to be said for developing immunity by exposure if you're adequately healthy to take it. I've no idea how to adapt that from a practical standpoint, but do know I personally don't qualify for the "adequately healthy" category. Good thing I prefer solitude...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

20,000 for a City is a lot.
I do believe that the 'adequately healthy' will show varying degree of immunity.
I also believe nutritional ketosis will help.
I believe higher doses of Vitamin C would help.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

100 this morning.

I also don't understand why people would not want to avoid this illness whenever possible.  Yes, we have to have groceries and medicine, but what is worth so much that we disregard the warnings and gather in large crowds?

Today is 37 deg F with a high of 55 deg F.  The snow that fell several days ago is completely melted.  We are seeing more of the spring time birds and their songs.  It is a bit encouraging seeing them.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  Another windy day today but there is no rain in sight.  Warming up next week and highs in the upper 70s and maybe even the low 80s.  I would like that a lot.
I went to the grocery store yesterday to pick up a few things and it was not crowded and mostly well stocked.  Low or out of some things and of course no toilet paper but we are good on that.
I think part of the problem is denial and also the feeling that it won't bother me even if I get it.  There hasn't been a realization from many that this is serious and people want to continue as if nothing is different.  Los Angeles has a large part of the population affected but still people crowded the beaches and parks.  What has happened in Italy has had no effect on anyone here. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this cloudy morning.

50° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 42°/23° with a chance of showers. The snow is gone from the forecast.

So far there are 53 diagnosed cases of the virus in MT. I'm sure there are probably more that are sick and don't know they have the virus. I guess my only advantage is I don't have to go any where like to work. These people that don't take the social distancing seriously really make me mad! You are right Wally, they think nothing is going to happen to them so why bother?  They are not getting it that they could be a carrier, without being sick, and expose so many people by their carelessness.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

125 today morning.

Under lock down there is nothing to look forward to except what can be the variations in food and exercise.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

80 this morning.

Gosh, it's cold here this morning at just 20 degrees. There's good reason our frost date isn't until May 15.

I'm starting to think about how to set up an actual office for my wife here at home (presently she's running around between about four different places). I also discovered the extent of her digital literacy and came to truly recognize what a problem that can be for a lot of people. No telling how long this will all last, but I won't be surprised if the work from home affair outlives the virus considerably and in spite of appearances to the contrary many just aren't prepared for it.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

111 this morning.

Many people struggle with digital literacy including myself.  My youngest son has built several computers over the years, each of them from separate components.  It is a blessing if you can share what you know to help someone else.  I am grateful for a son who did just that.  I still have much to learn, but that is ok with me.

Weather here is 46 deg with a high of 51 deg F.  Not too bad.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Not cold here, only cool with highs in the 60s.  Warming up a lot next week.
So far there are no known cases here but surrounding areas have some.  This is a large county and there are people that have tested in the Western part but on this side of the mountains nothing yet.  I am sure that will change eventually but hopefully people around here will keep the social distancing up.  Some times it is a benefit to live in a rural area.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this cloudy morning.

44° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 44°/30° but it is already 49° so that was off.

Yep Wally, sometimes living in a rural area is a good thing! Still only one case in my county, but the statewide number is up to 71. No surprise the two worst hit counties are near Yellowstone Natl Park. All those tourists. But they have closed the park now along with Grand Teton. Quite a few parks have closed from what a search shows. Sad but necessary.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

124 today morning.

The thing about the digitally informed, is that it is such a fast moving industry / science that they need to keep updating all the time. Or they will become digitally illiterate.

News Channels say that the number of Covid cases in the US has surpassed that of China and Italy. I think you guys need to be very careful in the coming days.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

I will totally admit to being digitally illiterate. If I can turn on my computer/iPad/phone and it takes me to the site I want, I am happy. Things go south, I have no clue how to fix... yep computer dummy here for sure...

Tamagno

88 this morning.

I know of one local case (who showed up at my wife's clinic), but that's it. My local grocery is letting only 25 people in the store at a time and the rest wait in line outside - the Russian immigrants feel right at home.

On the other hand, it's much warmer here this morning and yesterday at least was a beautiful day. It's harder to be dysphoric on these wonderful days that start to feel like spring.

Grammabear

87 this morning.

Barbara - I am same as you, if I am able to turn on my devices and they work then I am happy.  If something goes south, it stays that way unless I just happen to be lucky enough to stumble upon a solution.

Anyone besides me getting to feel bored with staying home.  I know it is necessary, but the fact that I cannot just decide to do an errand is sad.  So is the virus, so I will just find something more productive to do.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  It still looks like we will be warming up a lot, around 20°, next week so that is a bright outlook.
We have our first case in the local hospital so that was expected but it is still unsettling.  The "social distancing" is something we are going to have to get used to for a while.  We are used to being able to go anywhere we want to go at any time so it is hard for a lot of people but it is helping.  In Washington state where the first case in the USA was located they have actually flattened the curve and have very few new cases in the past few days.  I don't have any problem staying home and find it easy to amuse myself. 
I don't consider myself that knowledgeable with computers but I have been able to learn what is needed to fix problems by doing a lot of research and doing it by myself.  Like SKB said, the industry does move very fast and what you learned yesterday can be no use today so you have to do more research.  It was 7 years ago that I built my last computer before my latest endeavor and that is a very long time in computer years and I had to learn some new things but I like doing it. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024