You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

111 this cloudy morning.

49° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 48°/33°.

We are now officially under a shelter in place order for 2 weeks starting 12:01 AM Saturday. The first MT death from the virus was yesterday afternoon. Still only 1 case in my county but that could well change. Yes Wally, it is unsettling. I don't mind staying home as that is my normal life, but now because I have to, it feels different.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

101 today morning. A couple of extra shots of Palinka helped with that number.

Staying home with nothing much to do is a task. My work is such that I cannot do much from home. Most of my work force has left the site and have gone back to their villages. On Day 1 we decided that the best way to go about it would be to cut down food intake by half and double the exercise. But, the economic price of this virus is going to be very heavy. Recovery is going to take a number of years.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

112 this morning.

I do miss being able to just run to the store but otherwise staying in doesn't bother me too much.

I'm with SKB, though in that the financial ramifications of this will take awhile to sort out and return to normal.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

118 this morning.

We had quite a thunderstorm last night and more predicted for this afternoon/evening.  Stay safe everyone even though we all are stuck at home. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  I was outside in the back yard yesterday afternoon and my dog was running full bore and ran into me and knocked my legs out from me, she is 80 pounds, and I twisted my right knee as I went down.  It seems like just a bad sprain but it really hurt.  Now I can barely manage to walk even using a cane and I think it will be a couple of days at least before I am able to get around better.  I'm pretty sure that nothing is broken and I don't want to go near the Hospital right now.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Oh dear. Wally take care. Take it easy for a few days and get well soon.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

102 this mostly cloudy morning.

48° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 52°/33° with snow in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday, but with the temps forecast I kind of doubt it.

Take care Wally, hope you feel better soon.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

134 today. We are going through a 9 day festive period known as the Navratri. During these days we eat only vegetarian food at home. And since there is a lock down in progress I can't eat out. So, the numbers are venturing a bit higher than usual, but that's OK. I have 5 more day to go and I will survive this.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

153 this morning.

Wally, that sounds painful; also not the sort of thing you expect, so just the surprise of it must have been something.

SKB, through the haze of the news lately, I see a big push toward vegetarianism in this country. I occasionally read the recipes and see that they're loaded with grains, beans, potatoes and fruit. Lots of carbs. I guess you-all's cuisine would add rice and bread to that list and get all lopsided in the ratio of fat to carbs.

Warmish here in the mid-40s all day with light rain. I think we'll be staying around there most all week.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

124 this morning.

Our temperatures are in the upper 40s to 50s and of course with the warm air comes tornadoes.  Now we have to be very much aware of what the weather is doing outside even though we're stuck inside.

Wally - So sorry you got knocked down by your dog.  She must be enthusiastic.  Hope you will feel better in a few days.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  This should be our last day for the 60s and starting tomorrow we are supposed to be in the mid to high 70s.  I like that !
I'm doing better, got my walker out of storage and it helped a lot for getting around.  My knee is still quite sore but not near what it was and I had a good nights sleep so that was a real plus.  Friday night the pain made it hard to get any sleep at all.  I'm using an ice pack to try and get the swelling down and it seems to be working. 
Yeah Grammabear, she is enthusiastic for sure.  When outside she likes to run and she really turns it on. I encouraged her and she was trying to go between me and the truck and just plowed into me at full speed. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

121 this cloudy morning.

56° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 57°/34°, but it is already 59°, may even go a bit higher. The grass is starting to turn green, I guess Spring is really here. No robins yet though.

Had a long talk with my son yesterday. He's a Battalion Chief of a fire dept. in the South Bay Area CA. They are seeing sick people every day and it is kind of crazy there. They were well prepared for a pandemic and have excellent protective gear which relieves my mind some. Turns out my oldest granddaughter was in NY for a ski competition (Lake Placid) She got home on the 15th and appears to be healthy still, thank goodness!

So sad to hear the virus claimed the live of an infant in IL. Maybe that will be a wakeup call to the chuckleheads that aren't taking this situation seriously

skb

119 Fasting today.

Wally hope you get back to normal soon and start posting 10k steps again.
The virus is taking its toll, but the information overload is also doing its own damage. Once this is over the high costs are going to be both economic & emotional.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

71 this morning.

Glad you seem on the mend, Wally.

My wife is planning a grocery run this morning. Should be interesting to hear about.

Weather here is about the same as it's been which is warmish and rainy.

Grammabear

102 this morning.

I understand the need for social distancing, but I don't understand when people disregard the directives from health officials.  Someday when this virus has run its course, are they going to tell us it is ok to shop anywhere beside the grocery store and the pharmacy?

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021