You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  Warming up here this week with a predicted high of 73° today and 79° tomorrow.  My knee is improving slowly but I hope I can get back to normal soon.  Still using the walker but I am able to take some steps without it but I am not going to push it.
Yeah Grammabear, people don't like to be inconvenienced and don't like to be told what to do.  Many feel that as ling as they don't feel sick it is OK to congregate but it is one of the dire things about this virus that you may feel OK and be spreading it to many other people before you show symptoms.  Eventually it will be OK to go anywhere as before but when is an unknown right now.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this cloudy/windy morning.

59° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 55°/32° with possible rain. Last evening there was a short rain squall and after there was the most gorgeous double rainbow! I'm hoping that is a good sign! It sure warmed my heart to see it.

That is so true skb, the information overload is not helping the stress levels around this whole situation.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

118 fasting today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

60 this morning.

Some good news from my oncologist is that no new growths showed up! Not so great is that the compound fracture in my back is worse, I've more pleural effusion and weird liver numbers.

I'm not much concerned over the liver and lung stuff, but would like to see someone for my back - I think. I hear all sorts of things about orthopedists and back surgeries. Well, one step at a time.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

In regard to information overload, the mayor in a nearby city holds a press conference every day and has other people speaking about the virus. Whether or not they actually know anything remains to be seen.  I think people should have a resource where they can be informed but this overload stuff is not helping in my opinion.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  The high for yesterday predicted to be 73° and they hit it right on the head.  Today is supposed to be 78° and the same tomorrow but cooling down over the weekend and next week we are going to be in the mid to low 60s.
Gosh Tamagno, I think seeing an orthopedic doctor would be well worth it.  My BIL had to have back surgery although it wasn't for  fracture but a bad disk.  In his case the surgery was a success and he is able to work and not be bothered by it.  Of course YMMV but it may do some good.
Grammabear, people are hungry for information and I think that if it comes from local authorities and the news media it is much more factual then what is circulating on the internet and social apps like twitter and Facebook. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this drizzly morning. A very light dusting of snow when I got up but the light rain melted it all away.

58° was yesterday's high, today's forecast is 42°/24° with possible snow showers. Snow in forecast for tomorrow.

I've all but quit looking at Twitter it is just crawling with virus posts. I do notice when I look out the windows toward the highway and street that traffic is much less. So I guess people are trying to stay home more. I haven't been out for 8 days and won't again until next Tuesday. The store gets TP on Tuesdays, maybe I'll get lucky!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

81 this morning.

At some point, people will have to go back to work to start paying for things and producing things. Unless we're all going to get a goat and some chickens and start sufficiency farming, it'll have to happen.

Besides, moderns have no attention span and this current crisis is already growing long in the tooth and information sources of all sorts are going to have to come up with other news just to get people to skim 140 characters or so.

Yorkers have already got themselves ensconced in their weekend homes and have bought up all the vegetable seeds around. Among other things, I hear they're getting those tomatoes and corn seeds planted in the still frozen ground early to get a head start...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

120 today morning.

I lost my mother in law today. We had to drive out to my sister-in-law's and then the crematorium. Though we had a copy of the doctor's certificate, no body stopped us to check. Since essential services are on, there was some vehicular and human movement on the roads, but just a tiny fraction.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

90 this morning.

skb - What a sad day for your family.  So sorry for your loss.

It is a challenge to have low carb meals when the store shelves are bare of chicken, pork and also extremely low on frozen vegetables.  I am glad I have some of the above in our freezer, but not an unlimited amount.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  We hit 77° for a high yesterday and it is supposed to be the same today but getting windy in the afternoon.  The temp. will drop Friday and we may even have a chance of some rain next week.
So far there are only 3 cases of COV-19 on this side of the mountains but I am sure that will change.  Still, not near as bad as in more populated areas.  Right now I have no desire to go out for anything and thankfully my BIL can get anything I need.  So far there is not too much of a shortage here, except toilet paper, and the shelves are being re-stocked pretty well.  I'm still amazed that people are grabbing all of the toilet paper as soon as it hits the shelf.  Some people have to have over a years supply and are still buying it.
SKB, sorry for your loss. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

107 this mostly cloudy morning.

Sorry for you loss skb.

48° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 42°/15° with chance of snow showers in the afternoon. There was a quick snow flurry yesterday afternoon but none of it stuck.

Well if the virus isn't bad enough we had a 6.5 earthquake last evening. Centered about a 3.5 hour drive south of me. The house shook, shook, shook and then the rolling for a bit. No damage, just one photo fell down, but it scared the $hit out of me! It took about an hour for my nerves to calm down. Being a CA transplant, I kept waiting for the aftershocks which fortunately did not come.

LOL, what's next? Locusts? Flying frogs??

skb

Thanks everyone. My mother in law was ill for the past 3 months and the outcome was expected and we were all prepared for it.

Barbara, hope everything is stable now and will continue to remain so. Do you live in a concrete, brick & mortar home or one made out of timber. Were you out of the house when it shook ?

A growing concern is how long will this lockdown thing last. And how long will the repercussions be. Surely, things are going to take a very long time to be back to the way they were, but how long and what's that road to recovery going to be like.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

Unfortunately for earthquake or tornado standards, I live in a double wide trailer. So far it has withstood all things just fine since built in 1976. Wasn't my first choice, but it has a wonderful kitchen and 1.2 acres of land on an isolated stub of a road.

Tamagno

79 this morning.

So sorry for your loss, SKB. Funeral services, oddly, are something being given much thought currently.

I think, BigSkyGal, that if we were seeing disasters of truly biblical proportions, we'd have bigger problems than we can imagine. Glad you're okay and survived the earthquake!

Biggest problem I've got now is being the resident IT guy for my wife while she's working at home. Only two problems: I'm completely unqualified generally plus know less than nothing about her hospital's proprietary operating system.