You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

145 this morning.

Thanks for well wishes all; I'm much back to my baseline normal and occupied myself yesterday with much more of my regular routine.

Our weather this weekend is predicted to be warm with highs today of 60 and tomorrow 65. That's certainly high for this time of year, but I see looking back that we often have unusual highs in mid-January. We'll get back to winter very shortly, no doubt.

Meanwhile, my wood stove can have a little rest for a couple of days...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

108 this morning.

Snow accumulations from 3-6 inches with wind gusts up to 45 mph make it a good day to be inside.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

76 this morning.  Some parts of the country are seeing some pretty rough weather but it is nice here so happy if it stays that way.
Glad you are doing better Tamagno.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

124 this partly cloudy morning. Don't know where that came from, but it is what it is...

31° was the high yesterday. Snow started in the early evening, woke to just an inch of snow on the ground. Snow showers in the forecast for today with a high of 38° and overnight low of 26°. Snow showers predicted for tomorrow too.

Yes, I too am glad you are better Tomagno.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

141 today morning.

I checked my fasting BG after a very long time. I expected the high number and know what needs to be done to get back on track. Now, the tough part of getting down to it.

John, good to see you back to normal. Take care.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

142 this morning.

Woke up early on account of the moon shining plus an outdoor temperature of 60. Not often you get that the middle of January. I figure to enjoy it as the temperature is likely to keep going down all day and night putting us back in winter awhile longer.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

125 this morning.

Yesterday was a very good day to be inside.  Today seems to be the same as our temperature is just 22 degrees.  Last night we lost our power briefly and the house feels cold this morning.  We were more lucky than most in that we got small amounts of snow and today we do have power.  Many in this area were not so lucky. 

Tomorrow is my first cataract surgery and I have to be there bright and early. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  Weather here remains pretty consistent with highs in the mid 60s but there may be a chance of rain Thursday, that would be nice.
Grammabear, good luck with your surgery, hope it comes out as good as mine did. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

121 this partly cloudy morning. Hope I am not coming down with something, feel a little off and bg has been a bit high.

39° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 36° and overnight 20°. The snow has completely disappeared from the forecast. Fine by me.

Grammabear, hope all goes well and you get great results!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

122 fasting this morning.

Kathy, Sending good wishes your way.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

123 this morning.

I expect you'll like the results once that cataract surgery is healed, Grammabear. Meanwhile, prayers for you that all goes wel.

As predicted, the warmth of the weekend has reverted to cold and winter.

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  Our chance of rain Thursday is now up from 40% to 70% so it looks good.  There is probably going to be a lot of snow in the Sierras which is also good. 
I have errands to run today but no problems with weather here.
I am eager to find out how Grammabear's cataract surgery went.  I hope it does as good for her as it did for me.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

113 this partly cloudy morning.

The high yesterday was 39° with a tiny dusting of snow overnight. Today's forecast is for 31° with overnight of 18°. While I was out running errands I heard on the radio that some huge storm is headed here tonight. So far none of the apps I use show anything huge coming. Will just have to wait and see. Don 't have to go anywhere until Friday to see my Oncologist.

Sending prayers and good thoughts to Grammabear. Hope it all went well.

skb

124 today morning. Dropping from 140+ to 120 was easy. Now I have to empty out my liver and that takes some work.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

109 this morning.

Hooked up a new Roku device yesterday (I suspect my old one was one of their first models) and have been surprised at the difference in video and audio quality. While my TV is a somewhat aging Samsung and does not innately support things like 4k or some of the newer Dolby sound systems, the new Roku does seem to fairly dramatically improve them. As it happens, I also have an older Apple TV connected as well as a fairly new Fire stick, the Roku seems the best of the lot so far. I'm going to play around with it more today to see how it'll do with voice commands via Alexa. It'd be fun to have a new OLED TV, but they're much too expensive to justify.