You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

Guess what else is apparently being 'hoarded'?  Baking powder.  On Amazon most of their current listings are 'unavailable'.  I had to look for a long time before I found one that was offered - shipping date is April 20th.  Must be a powerful lot of people doing baking/cooking at home.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

118 today morning.
Portion control is very very important for BG, even with non-diabetics.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on April 04, 2020, 04:14:48 PMGuess what else is apparently being 'hoarded'?  Baking powder.  On Amazon most of their current listings are 'unavailable'.  I had to look for a long time before I found one that was offered - shipping date is April 20th.  Must be a powerful lot of people doing baking/cooking at home.

Well I guess since the bread aisle is always empty, I guess those actually practicing shelter in place may be baking more than they ever have before. That could be a good thing actually...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

179 this morning.

Your grandson's comment reminds me of some made by a former student who was high on the autism scale. I used to even keep a diary of things he said; often he'd use verbiage akin to poetry but always meaningful to himself and quite intentional (my dog at the time he referred to as "the receptionist"). Be careful what you say...

Lately I've been experimenting with Grape Nuts instead of oatmeal for my breakfast. In either case, I eat only about two teaspoons, but have noticed that the Grape Nuts cause much more of a spike than oatmeal - grist for the mill so to speak. Trick is that these various food effects tend to change over time, so we've got to stay vigilant about it.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

108 this morning.

My grandson has been deemed to be high on the autism scale and the way he describes some situations is priceless.  One day when he was very young, he was watching a butterfly flying about and finally the butterfly 'landed' on a flower.  Grandson promptly stated "butterfly resting". 

I don't understand Amazon lately either.  The order I placed within the last two days will be delivered maybe by the end of the month.  I don't mind paying for Prime if I get orders in a timely fashion, but it doesn't seem like that is going to be happening anytime soon.  Everything in this area seem to be slowing down except the motor vehicle traffic that goes by our place.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Amazon deliveries worldwide have become slow. Lock down I guess.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  Windy today and we should see rain this evening.  It's going to be cooler and rainy for the next 3-4 days.  Snow in the mountains but unfortunately all of the ski resorts are closed because of the virus.
Amazon has stated that they are prioritizing orders that are deemed essential and other items will take longer.  Understandable under the current conditions but I don't know how they determine what is essential.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this cloudy morning.

48° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 53°/35°.

Yeah the Amazon shipping is frustrating. Priority for virus items...umm then why are my masks not coming until May or June??? It said in stock... I do imagine they are swamped but masks seem kind of high priority to me...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

116 today.

I think they are under-staffed and under-supplied so things are bound to for slow for a while.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

189 this morning.

Yep, Amazon orders are now slow.

My sister, a good seamstress, has been making face masks for doctors and nurses for awhile that a friend distributes. According to my wife, her hospital's administration has been exceptionally cavalier with staff over supplying them with these sorts of supplies plus demanding overtime and extra work days without pay - not a surprise as they're of the management by intimidation school anyway. What is surprising is that there's no shortage of beds available here.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.

The clinic where I go is on 'lockdown' and not seeing patients except for virtual visits.  If you feel you need to see a Doctor, you have to place a phone call to their call center where the people there "triage" patients who call in.  Then you are advised to go to the immediate care clinic which is located in a nearby town.  Even the hospital ERs are discouraging people from just "walking in".
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We didn't get any rain overnight but it started to drizzle about a half hour ago and will probably continue.  Expecting to see some rain through Wednesday.  To the West and South of here they are seeing heavy rain and snow in the mountains.

It's the same here and the medical clinic and the hospital are trying to do as much as they can over the phone.  As of yesterday there are 230 cases and 2 deaths in Kern County.  We have 6 known cases on this side of the mountains and no deaths so far.  People here seem to be doing a pretty good job of complying with efforts to reduce the instances of passing this on and it may not end up too bad here but only time will tell. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this partly cloudy morning.

58° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 55°/37°.

Been in the house for two solid weeks now. Wish I could say the same for my neighbor...they had a fricking party Sat. night!! What is wrong with people?? I am going to go out tomorrow to pick up my mail there are some bills there that I need to pay and also do a small shopping. Hoping to find some TP!

skb

118 today morning.

The lock down is definitely going to get on people's nerves. My psychologist daughter has started offering online counselling and she has started getting quite busy. Ah, the benefits of technology. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

112 this morning.

SKB, my wife (a clinical psychologist) is scheduled to see ten patients today via FaceTime, Google Duo or phone. Big questions still remain as to whether or not third-party payers will pay.

Unrelated, mostly, I decided to switch from using my Dexcom G5 receiver to the one built into my T-Slim insulin pump. It's a slightly daring and rebellious move on my part (having to do with some screwball government regulations) but I'm glad I did. One less device to carry around, plus it was easy to set up (Bluetooth connection was almost ridiculously easy) and I love how it works. Much, much friendlier than the Dexcom receiver. Finally, diabetes-related tech that appears to be working without major hassle!