You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

97 this morning.

The clinic where my sister works as a receptionist, is locked down.  They only see patients via virtual visit or face time.

Tamagno - I am glad you made the switch to take advantage of the X2 pump features.  I am told that the Control IQ is a download feature after you have completed the requirements from Tandem.  I cannot take advantage of these features until expiration of my current pump in October 2020.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  A bit high for me but I deserve it as I had rice with dinner last night, still it's not that bad.
We only got a light sprinkle yesterday  and .02 inch was out total.  There is still a good chance of more rain later today and tonight.  Some areas to the west and south of here got over an inch of rain and the snow pack in the mountains got up to a foot of new snow.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this partly cloudy morning.

59° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 61°/32°.

I was going to go out today but decided to wait a couple more days to be sure my bills get to my PO box.

Amazon must be a mess! You can't even trust the tracking delivery date. I got a box today that Tracking said was to be delivered Thursday. Not that I mind, but how can they be so off? I was talking to the driver a bit and he says it is just like Christmas again. He said they try to keep the drivers separated when they are loading the trucks but it is hard as there are so many. I hadn't thought about that end, I thought about them delivering to so many people but not at the loading end.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on April 07, 2020, 06:41:55 AMSKB, my wife (a clinical psychologist) is scheduled to see ten patients today via FaceTime, Google Duo or phone.

Yes I am aware of that. My daughter has moved back to India on a 6 month trial basis and just started her practice. So she gets maybe 2 patients a week. She felt that psychology cannot be practiced without a total control over the language and she was not that proficient in Magyar. Her's was a career oriented decision, let's see how that pans out.

119 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Quote from: skb on April 07, 2020, 11:11:48 PMYes I am aware of that. My daughter has moved back to India on a 6 month trial basis and just started her practice. So she gets maybe 2 patients a week. She felt that psychology cannot be practiced without a total control over the language and she was not that proficient in Magyar. Her's was a career oriented decision, let's see how that pans out.

119 today morning.

Boy do I know how hard the Hungarian Language is! I studied and took tape classes to learn as much as possible before our trips to Hungary to visit my late DH's family. I was fairly conversational, but the colloquial things just went right by me. I can't imagine trying to counsel someone in a language you are not very proficient in.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

138 this morning.

I'm assuming your daughter is in Hungary, SKB, which among European nations is a peculiar blend of modern and fairly primitive in many places. Since she's a psychologist, though, sometime she ought to slip over to Wien and visit the Freud home/museum which is most peculiar. When I was there you couldn't leave without going through the gift shop at which I bought the Freud pen and pencil set, a poster of the couch and, my favorite, the Freud comic book "Freud fur Anfanger" (Freud for beginners).

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

136 this morning.

We had rain and hail the size of golf balls last night.  What a way to begin the Spring season.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We got about 3/4 inch of rain overnight and it is continuing today.  This is a good amount for here while areas further west in the Los Angeles are have seen 2-3 inches so it will surely help our water supply. 
I guess I got a bit carried away Monday and was happy to be able to walk some without using any support from the walker and I walked more than I have since falling.  Yesterday I paid for that and it was a lot sorer so I had to take it easy and it feels a lot better today.  I guess I need to give it time to heal but I want to things so it's a compromise.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this sunny morning.

59° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 60°/32°.

Sorry about the set back Wally. Hope you are back to normal soon, but take it easy getting there!

skb

@tamagno - Yes she was in Hungary and is currently here. I'm sure she has visited Wien during her student days,

@Wally - Please relax and let you leg heal completely before you begin to walk without support.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

100 this morning.

Ouch, Wally! It seems our minds and personalities are often imagining we're 30 when in reality we're so much older. You'll be wanting to take it a bit slower until things get healed.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

119 this morning.

Wally - I hope you might feel stronger this morning.  Take it slow and easy.

My Dexcom woke me at 4 a.m. with a low of 60, and for once I heard it.  I didn't enjoy eating skittles at that hour.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  We got 1.4 inches of rain yesterday so a total of 2.13 inches since Tuesday night and it is lightly raining this morning.  Our annual average rainfall here is 4.27 inches so we are well above that. 
Yeah, I took it a lot easier yesterday and it feels better.  I guess I am just anxious to be back to normal and kind of pushed it too much.  Still, it is getting better just slowly and yes Tamagno, trying to be 30 is not going to work at all.   ;)
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

120 this sunny morning.

61° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 66°/37°.

Saw the first robin yesterday, now there are several! Spring is truly here, except there is snow in the forecast for Saturday...

Going out today to run some errands.

skb

133 this morning. Yesterday, in memory of my mother in law we made her favourite foods, and you know what happens with favourite foods.

The lock down is likely to be extended for another 15 days here. And when it opens it is going to be district wise and phase wise. The Indian rural areas have so far not seen cases of Covid-19 so that could open up sooner. I sure hope that they don't have the virus rather than a lack of testing.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club