You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

Our shelter in place has been extended to April 24. Too bad more people don't take this seriously...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

125 this morning.

Our 'stay at home' orders are good until April 30th and may be extended further.  Many people are following these orders, but also many are not. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  We got a total of 2 1/4 inches of rain since Monday and it is about out of here now.  We are at a total of 7 inches for the year which is good for this desert.  Average annual rainfall is just 4 1/4 inches so we have done well.
I think the shutdown and social distancing is going to be in effect for a while in California.  Out here in the desert there are only 9 cases known about but that is sure to grow some but people around here are being quite good at following the guidelines for trying to keep the transmission down.  Many counties are now requiring anyone going outside to wear a mask and it has not been a requirement here yet most people are doing it. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Tamagno

36 this morning.

Made some adjustments and went back to bed until around noon.

Looks like I won't be doing much today, oh well...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

That's pretty low John. Take care.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

108 this sunny morning.

62° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 66°/40° with snow still in the forecast for Saturday and also next Wednesday. I kind of doubt it though.

Well shopping was again interesting yesterday. Every place had 6' marks on the floor which I appreciated. A few people were wearing masks. This time I actually got 2 rolls of TP and 1 roll of paper towels. That was the limit. Milk was limited to 1 gallon though I don't buy it. There were no tortillas or wraps of any kind, no dry pasta but plenty of sauces and only 2 bottles of Tonic water left which I took even though they were not diet. I just don't understand why these things???

Wow John, that was a very low number, hope you are feeling better.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

The circles are everywhere. Even in the shops here in India, even in smaller rural areas they have drawn circles so that people do not come very close. Delhi has imposed a law that every person out of their house shall have to wear a mask. It can be a home made one, but it has to be worn.

121 today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

111 this morning.

A much better FBG this morning and I feel much better, thankfully; took me an extra hour to get my morning chores done though, as I'd done basically nothing yesterday.

While I'd love to get out of the house and go to Walmart and a grocery, there's really no need just yet. I hear there are a variety of shortages and store rules, etc. but I can't say I know what they are first hand. I've been trying to find a grocery that'll deliver to my place, but it seems we're too rural. If I call ahead to my little local grocery they'll bring things out to my car, however, so I may give that a try.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

90 this morning.

Hubby and I are most fortunate in that the younger woman who is our dental hygienist, offered to go to our local grocery and pick up the things we need.  So, I send her a list via iphone, and she shops and leaves them on our porch after she notifies me via iphone.  We immediately send her a personal check via usps and we don't have to go to the store.  Sometimes she cannot get things we would like to have, but most times we have what we need.  We are selective in what we eat and how much.

It is coming time to make a garden in our part of the country.  Hubby has planted lettuce and potatoes.  Beyond that, I don't know what he will get planted because getting seeds and seedlings is going to be difficult.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  It looks like the rain is out of here and it is going to warm up.  High today is supposed to be 75° and sunny.
My BIL is a plumber which is considered an essential service so he is still working and does the grocery shopping right now which is good for me.  Our local Walmart has a grocery pick-up where they will get the items you want and bring it out to your car but I haven't used it so far.  Our Albertson's grocery store has senior only shopping Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM and when my knee is better I may use that if I need something.  My knee is still sore but doing much better so I am hopeful it won't be too long before I can get around normally.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 again this rainy/snowy morning. It all melted but there is still more in the forecast for the rest of the day.

66° was the high yesterday, todays's forecast is much lower at 39°/17°. Wow, it is practically a white out outside! It just started snowing and blowing pretty hard!

I limit the amount of times I go out. I used to only go out once a week, now I only go out every 15-16 days. I wait at least 14 days to be sure I didn't catch something on the last time out. I was telling this to the grocery store clerk Thursday and she thanked me for the caution I was taking...she also gave me a homemade mask someone had donated to the store. Next time I go out, I'll wear it. I do have a box of surgical masks left over from when my late DH was getting home health care, but they are the tie on kind and kind of a bother. They will do though until the ones I ordered from Amazon come in May/June.

skb

110 today morning.

I haven't stepped out of the house since 21st March, except for mother-in-law's funeral.
First our State government declared the lockdown and later the Centre which imposed it nationwide. Now the extension till end of April is confirmed. We're lucky that most vegetables and groceries are being supplied home or they are packed and ready for pick up on a pre-order.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

127 this morning.

Wishing all who celebrate it a Happy Easter!

As is often the case, this morning has started out quite cold, but will warm up tp about 60 later. I'm taking some care over using firewood as I don't want any left in the house that would have to be taken back to the wood shed once the season ends. I'm near that point now.

As is traditional, my wife's roasting a leg of lamb for dinner tonight. Of course, we'll not be having the equally traditional candies and Easter eggs. An odd year with church, however, as any services will be held on line. Usually, people get dressed up for that in new spring clothes, but not today.

Grammabear

105 this morning.

Our predicted high is 60 deg F here today but tomorrow's high is 40 deg F.  We will appreciate the warm temperatures today.

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it.  It certainly is different to attend online service rather than a church service.

skb - Are there any shortages of vegetables or other essential items in India?

I keep wondering what is life going to be like 'after' the pandemic is over?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Happy Easter everyone.

Essential items are all available. Some costs have gone up. Spirits and tobacco are in short supply.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club