You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  We got up to the predicted 75° yesterday and it is supposed to get to 76° today.  Sunny and clear and the Iris in the front yard are blooming like mad. 
I'm starting to be able to walk almost like a regular person and am not needing the walker for help.  Still sore but not near as bad as it was.  I'm not going to be doing 10K steps a day yet but it may not be too long.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this sunny morning.

35° was the high yesterday, ended up with a bit over an inch of snow and since it was cold most of it was still around this morning. It is a bit warmer today and the snow is quickly melting off. Forecast for today is 40°/19°. Snow still in forecast for Wednesday.

Yes Grammabear, I too wonder what life will be like on the other side of this pandemic.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

138 fasting today.

From the sound bytes on the news channels it looks like though the lock down is going to continue, people have had enough of it. The government realizes that and is going to start some operations sooner than later.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

121 this morning.

Good deal, Wally; your devotion to your rehab is paying off plus it's an inspiration.

Our short, modern attention spans are likely to be stretched to the limit with this. It'll be interesting to see these things unfold.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

105 this morning.

I observed a neighbor having company yesterday on Easter Sunday.  How does one keep themselves safe when others in the near neighborhood do not?

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Still in the mid 70s here and that is nice.  Now if I can enjoy walking outside again I will be happy.  I think that will be soon as I was able to get along without any support all day yesterday.  Today I am going to see if I can manage at least 250 steps each hour and so far it is 2 out of 2 so that is my goal.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this mostly sunny morning.

39° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 44°/28°.

I feel your pain Grammabear, my next door neighbor has people over all the time. The Saturday before last they had a full fledged party with a bonfire. I am trying so hard to stay safe and I guess they feel they are immune and have no concern for the rest of us.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on April 13, 2020, 03:04:52 PMThe Saturday before last they had a full fledged party with a bonfire. I am trying so hard to stay safe and I guess they feel they are immune and have no concern for the rest of us.

That is why the US is registering such high numbers. USA has been a slow starter in this war starting from the top.

115 today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

134 this morning.

Looks like it'll be a pretty day with reasonable temperature. There'll be some cold next week, I think, however.

I'm being good about staying in, like you all (except Wally, who's out there putting the rest of us to shame with walking). I'm finding it kind of fun poking around the freezer to get something to cook and then improvising a recipe based on what I've got. Also saving a lot of money on groceries.

Naturally, I also have my wife who watches this news and let's me know when the virus is said to be at its peak around here and won't condone my going in a store...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

109 this morning.

bigskygal - I understand your concerns about staying safe when those around you aren't making the least effort.  We also have another neighbor who must make a half dozen trips to town and other places because their vehicles are always going by our place.

I am having trouble getting pump and cgm supplies during this time frame also.  No communication between the company and the recipient, which to me is sad.  I guess they don't realize how important these supplies are to us.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  We got to a real nice 75° yesterday and may get to 80° in a couple of days so it looks a lot like Spring. 
You cannot view this attachment.

People around here are being pretty good about observing the social distancing and most are wearing some type of mask when going out even though it is not a mandate here.  So far in the desert we have 11 known cases but on the other side of the mountains there are a lot more but the population is a lot larger there. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

111 this cloudy morning.

Yesterday's high was 42°, today's forecast is 51°/35°.

You Irises are beautiful Wally!

Mostly around here people are distancing properly when out...but some don't feel the need to follow the shelter at home directive. There are only 5 cases in my county, probably more unknown carriers though. We are a fairly large state with few people so we are sort of naturally social distancing, but even so, I wish people really took this more seriously.

Grammabear

Wally - Your Iris flowers are beautiful.  We also have a few of that color.  Most of ours are a burgundy and gold color.  Ours were a gift from a former neighbor many years ago, and as you know - they tend to multiply given the ideal growing conditions.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

111 today morning.

My time table has changed a bit because of the binge watching of movies and TV shows late at night. I'm now waking up about an hour late.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

118 this morning.

Great irises, Wally!

Got e-mail from the company who does my on-line pharmacy stuff, Grammabear, (CVS-Caremark - part of Aetna insurance) saying they weren't shipping a script as they hadn't been able to get in touch with the doctor to renew the prescription. I'm sure it's related to a shortage of staff actually on-site at either or both the doctors office and/or the pharmacy. That particular eventuality surprised me as does your mention of problems with Dexcom supplies. I shouldn't be surprised at all, of course, as there are several different places in these supply chains and I'm sure they're easily disrupted.

Goodness, really causes you to realize how very fragile all our economies, goods and services really are. Amazing that they work at all.