You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

87 this morning.

Tamagno - I shop at a independent pharmacy in a nearby town.  They have a branch location near my town, so I have to go and pickup my prescriptions when they are ready.  It usually takes two days, this time it is 5-6 days so far.  With my insulin prescription, it usually takes a week or more.

It is in the upper 20s here this morning.  We had light snow which caused a massive pileup (60 vehicles) and shut down the Kennedy Expressway in Chicago.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Yeah, the Iris are nice and to me a real sign that Spring is here.  We are supposed to have a high today of 80° and for me that is nice.  I hope we have some Spring temps before it gets hot.
Tamagno, I have had that happen several times before and the frustrating thing is that both the pharmacy and the doctors office claim the other is at fault.  I have usually had to call the doctor's office to get them to renew the prescription. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this drizzly morning.

50° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 42°/21°. Woke up to a light dusting of snow on the ground which was fairly quickly washed away by a light rain.

So far my mail order rx service has been filling my rx's on time. I am supposed to go up to town for my yearly pc appointment. If things are still bad there, I may cancel and just ask him to renew my 2 rx's. There are a lot more cases up there and even 1 death in that county.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

118 today.

Prescriptions not being refilled is worrisome. Hope this covid thingy takes a U turn soon. I don't think people are going to be patient enough for a 3rd extension of this lock down.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

161 this morning.

Quite cold here this morning with actually some snow; it won't survive long as the sun rises and it warms up some, though.

My sister's been making face masks and sent me a couple. They're nice, but doubtless will want careful washing after each use - haven't yet figured a way to make a home autoclave...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

It is cold here with snow predicted for tomorrow.  Seems unlikely if the temperature get up to 40something.

We did make a trip to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions - only to find the door locked....but then as we turned to leave, the door opened and someone with a mask on their face asked us who we were picking up prescriptions for?  So in the end we did get the prescriptions but we weren't allowed into the store.  This is ok with us.  I would rather be safe than sick.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Our high yesterday was 78° and is supposed to be heading to 80° today.  Tomorrow there is a small storm system passing through and we could see some rain but not much if any. 
I changed to mail order for my RX a few months ago and it has been working well so far.  If I need to pick anything up from my local pharmacy they have a drive through so that shouldn't be a problem.  I am going to go to the grocery store this morning to pick up a few things I need.  They have senior only hours on Tuesday and Thursday so that should help.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this sunny morning.

45° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 48°/24°.

The pharmacy here in town is closed for walk in business but they will take orders over the phone and deliver curbside.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on April 16, 2020, 09:36:41 AMWe did make a trip to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions - only to find the door locked....but then as we turned to leave, the door opened and someone with a mask on their face asked us who we were picking up prescriptions for?  So in the end we did get the prescriptions but we weren't allowed into the store.  This is ok with us.  I would rather be safe than sick.

That is going to be the new norm for all of 2020 if not more.

119 today. It's starting to get really hot here. Need air-conditioning all through the day.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

133 this morning.

I've reached the point of no longer listening to/watching news as everything is virus-related and is now the usual hopeless political mash-up; it's impossible to discern truth.

I do notice that all companies where I do business are maintaining their billing departments with no apparent crisis-related delays...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

101 this morning.

We woke to 4-6 inches of snow today and it is still snowing.  Our spring flowers are completely covered as are my rhubarb plants in the garden.  Don't have to be concerned with air conditioning just yet.

I agree with you Tamagno.  All the 'news' here is so politically slanted that it is sickening.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We hit the predicted 80° yesterday but it is going to be cooler today with the possibility of some rain which should be out of here by this evening and warming back up tomorrow.
It's not hot enough to start using the A/C here yet and it is nice to be able to open up the windows and let the air in.  Soon it will be too hot to do that.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

113 this sunny morning.

45° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 62°/30°. I'll take that! It is nice to open the windows!

I haven't watched the news in well over a week and pretty much given up on Twitter too. It is bad enough with all the ads on TV reminding us to stay home and "we're all in this together". Plus now the businesses are saying they are there for us too...sheesh, I'm just trying to binge watch old programs and get away from thinking about this whole mess!

skb

118 today morning.

The Indian summer can be unrelenting. By mid May we should see around 48oC (118oF in your terms) in the central parts of India. Mumbai should see a maximum around 2-3o lower. Some people have opined that the monsoons will come in a bit earlier because of the low pollution levels due to the lock down. How pollution is connected to the arrival of the monsoon beats me.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

147 this morning.

No 90-120 degree weather here, I'm afraid. It's cold this morning and snowing/sleeting. It'll get warm enough later to clear up any snow accumulation.

Yes, SKB, I'm with you, that is, there's no way a couple of weeks without cars could effect monsoons. In fact, we haven't yet found ways to influence weather - if we could, it'd be interesting, though.