You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

87 this morning.

I sometimes wish we could influence the weather, especially when it becomes both hot and humid here in this part of the country.  I cannot imagine how people in Mumbai tolerate temperatures of over 100 deg F. 

We are growing weary of all the advertisements from all manner of companies saying "we're in this together" and how they are helping us.  I don't see how they are helping us.  More than likely the price of their product will go up instead of down.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We didn't get any rain yesterday, just overcast and cooler.  It is going to warm up now and we are going to be in the mid 80s next week.  In the Summer it is normal to be at 100+° but our humidity is usually quite low at around 10-15%.  I like the heat but I don't have to be outside during the hottest time of the day.  I used to work outside and the high heat can be brutal.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this cloudy morning.

61° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 58°/33° with possibility of rain showers in the afternoon.

The other night I watched a really interesting show on NatGeo channel called "Saving Notre Dame". I teared up every time they showed shots of it burning, but the reconstruction work is amazing. I think it is online if it interests anyone.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

121 today morning.

We saw a few episodes of the Will Smith presented "One Strange Rock" series about the Earth. It's a National Geographic show and available on Hotstar/Disney here. I don't know about the US.

I don't know about the weather, but the wild life is making the most of the lock down. I've seen footage of animals roaming the streets in some of the towns close to forest areas. We've been seeing some birds in our garden that have been missing for over 10 years now. The lack of sound and pollution is good for them I think.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

57 this morning.

Thanks for the tip on National Geographic - always great photography so it's fun to see unusual places.

Still really cold here this morning, but we have promises of afternoon temperatures near 60.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

I ordered a 'seed stick' for one of our feathered friends.  Almost as soon as we put it out in the feeder, the woodpecker came to enjoy it.  We had not seen him for several weeks.  Of course it doesn't help when we also have a 'resident' hawk resting in a nearby tree.

It is 52 deg F here today with a high of near 60 deg F.  I will be happy when we can open the windows for a bit of fresh air.

Our oldest son brought us several masks yesterday.  We practiced social distancing and it really made me sad not to invite him in for a meal and a hug before he left to return home.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

76 this morning.  Our high was 71° yesterday and that is going to be the lowest for a while.  Today it is supposed to get to 76°  should be in the mid 80s by Wednesday.
Since the State and National parks are closed in California there has been a surge of animals enjoying the absence of humans.  At least they are enjoying the circumstances.

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this cloudy morning.

60° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 60°/35° with possible rain. It would be nice to open the windows, but now that it has warmed up some, burning season has begun and the beautiful Spring air is full of smoke.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

114 today morning.

Quote from: Grammabear on April 19, 2020, 09:20:05 AMI ordered a 'seed stick' for one of our feathered friends.  Almost as soon as we put it out in the feeder, the woodpecker came to enjoy it.  We had not seen him for several weeks.  Of course it doesn't help when we also have a 'resident' hawk resting in a nearby tree.

We've been seeing a pair of Golden Orioles which were regulars over a decade ago. A White Breasted Kingfisher makes an appearance twice every day, more so in the hotter months. A few days ago I also saw a couple of Warbler Wrens, a small bird very easy to confuse with a sparrow.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

197 this morning.

My wife loves to feed the birds, however, bears also love bird seed and are prone to breaking things so she's got to be very selective.

Still just about 10-15 degrees too chilly out here to open windows or sit outside. Still nearly a month until our official frost date.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this morning.

We like to feed the birds because it is a source of entertainment for us.  However when you do that, you always get critters that you didn't intend on feeding.  For example, we don't usually see them, but we can smell the skunk as he visits the bird feeder area at night.  We also get squirrels which try vigorously to destroy the feeder and get inside to eat as much as they want.

There was a dry grass fire in the open field behind our house over the weekend.  The fire department was called and they put it out straightaway.  They figured someone from the nearby tollway tossed a cigarette out a car window - careless in my opinion.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  It is going to really start to warm up here.  High today is supposed to be 76° today and 80° tomorrow then the high 80s to mid 90s after that.  I think Summer is just around the corner.  I hope it has an effect on this darn virus.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

111 this partly cloudy morning.

60° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 64°/35°.

I used to feed the birds as "cat TV" for my Baby Boo. He loved to watch them. Now I do it for my own entertainment. The Pheasants are starting their mating dances. It is awesome to see the males puff all up and fan their tails out and dance around the female. They really are gorgeous birds. The deer like the bird seed too.

skb

Sorry, didn't check today.

News reports say that 80% of cases were asymptomatic. Very worrisome.

We have 3 pans of water for the birds but nothing for them to feed. The pigeons and mynas keep feeding on tiny insects on the lawns throughout the day. A few crow pheasants (black & brown) are local but can't be seen everyday. They will become very active once the rains arrive.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

118 this morning.

Things are blooming here, but it's still pretty cold out.

While marauding bears keep us from feeding birds, that'll all change once it's hummingbird season - my wife will have feeders everywhere.