You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

83 this morning.

We have jonquil flowers in full bloom, except when they got covered with 2 inches of snow one day this week.  The snow melted overnight and the flowers seem none the worse from their exposure to the snow.

Tamagno - Oh my, how lucky you are to have hummingbirds come to your house.  We have the occasional hummer come on the annual migration to places north of here.  I sometimes sit on our porch where it is easy to observe them.  They seem to prefer a certain color of flower in our hanging baskets.  We usually plant impatient flowers in our baskets just in hope of attracting the hummingbirds.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Warming up now, we had a high of 75° yesterday heading to 79° today and 85° tomorrow. 
We have humming birds all year around here so I keep feeders out all the time.  As long as they have a food supply they are happy to stay in the area. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Tamagno! 118 here this morning too.

62° was yesterday's high, forecast for today is 66°/37°. 10 day forecast is in this same range so mild here for a while.

Yes, skb that statistic is very worrisome, all the more reason to wear a mask I guess.

I only occasionally have a hummingbird visit. It is usually when my peonies are blooming but even then there are years when none come.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

133 today.

The rarest bird that I have ever seen at my house is a visit by a Grey Horn Bill, and once a Barn Owl. These are not rare birds per se, but rare for a city. Given our location, close to a very large dairy complex and a National Park, these sightings take place once in a while. Here's the Owl;

You cannot view this attachment.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

77 this morning.

Cool owl, SKB; we've got plenty around, but rarely seen at least sitting where I could get a photo.

Finally found a grocery that will deliver for a reasonable price. The only glitches are that you can't specify brands (I.e., just "sour cream" not Daisy sour cream, etc.) and there's a minimum order of $125 to get their $4 delivery charge.

Seems to me people are growing tired of all this quarantine affair. At some point, I expect this to fizzle out as people decide they've got to get out and go to work. Governments will never agree on a certain date, although there'll be endless chatter over it.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

77 this morning.

skb - what a beautiful owl you had visit your yard.  We 'hear' them in our yard at night, but rarely ever see them.

I am growing tired of this quarantine stuff and wonder what the "new normal" will be after the 'stay at home' period?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  As predicted we are warming up with a 77° high today and heading to 86° today.  No rain in sight for the rest of the month.
I understand people getting tired of the stay at home orders and social distancing requirements but it is important to realize that this is a very contagious disease and is still very dangerous.  It has to be really tough for those that were working to have their income cut off and that is a serious problem also so there is no convenient solution right now.  The "new normal" probably won't be very normal for quite a while.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

113 this sunny morning.

66° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 62°/42°.

Gorgeous owl skb! How lucky you were to see it!

Well it looks like the nightmare is beginning to end here. Our stay at home order will expire on the 27th then there will be a phased reopening of the state. I had read an article a few days ago that listed a handful of states that could open sooner than most and MT was on the list. We have only had 439 confirmed cases, 14 deaths, and there were only 2 new cases yesterday. But we all know there are those carriers out there... Counties can set their own restrictions.

There are three phases and if cases spike we will go back to stay at home I guess not clear on that point. Retail stores can reopen on Monday but reduced capacity and distancing should still be followed. They also say that those over 65 should still stay at home.Sheesh! And masks should be worn when out.  Schools can reopen May 7 I think it was but districts can choose to stay with online teaching.

Gradually other things will be allowed to open in Phases 2 & 3 but Phase one will last a long time...

Personally, I think I am going to carry on as I have been doing since this began.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

124 this morning.

I'm still having problems getting prescriptions refilled. The bottleneck is my neurologist's "assistant" who is someone who dislikes work and has been a problem for years. Hopefully after yet another bunch of phone calls it's straightened out, but I'll believe it when I see it.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

80 this morning.

There seem to be a number of folks here that don't follow social distancing guidelines which makes it harder for others to do so.

It is distressing to have difficulty getting prescriptions in a timely fashion.  I experience problems nearly every time I call in for a refill on my insulin.  It ends up being almost 2 weeks or more to actually get the vials in my hands.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We got to a high of 85° yesterday and that looks like it will be the norm for a few days at least. 
I know some areas are starting to open up and I don't blame people to want to return to normal, what ever that will be, but I do worry about how it will effect the spread of this monster.  California is going to do this with a bit more care than some states but the population density is a lot different than many other areas.  Here in the desert we are having a much lower number of cases.  Our local hospital has had only 4 cases so far and three of them have returned home.  Sill people around here are being quite conscientious about following safety guidelines and I think that is a good thing.
I tried grocery pickup at the Walmart yesterday for the first time and I have to say I like it.  Using the app on my phone to order what I wanted was easy and you select an available time to pick up.  I am only a mile away so that is pretty easy.  I got everything on my order and just pulled into one of the spaces for customer pickup and popped my trunk open and my order was put into the car and away I went.  I will use this again and I can see where this is something that is really a boon to people with health problems that can't walk long distances.
I switched my prescriptions to mail order a few month ago and so far it has been no problem.  I really like not having to go to the pharmacy to pick up each prescription.  The mailbox is a lot closer.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

114 this rainy morning.

65° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 53°/39° with periods of showers.

Unfortunately there is no Walmart near me. The one up in town is 35+ miles away and that county has had a lot of cases of the virus plus a death. Not going there any time soon.

I admit that I think it is too soon to reopen, but they seem to be going about it in a careful way. I will proceed as normal for shelter in place and only go out every 2 weeks.

skb

108 this morning.

In this part of the world WhatsApp is very popular and is being used very wisely by all small businesses in these times. My wife gives a list of the vegetables required on the App to our vendor (who is actually a street side stall). He messages back the amount, and again when the package is ready. All she does is drive out there, the package is placed in the trunk. The money, also kept in a plastic bag is given and she drives back home. Pretty impressive I would say, for a uneducated demographic.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

73 this morning.

Well, I got one of my prescriptions filled, at least, although they sent it to the wrong pharmacy (after at least a half dozen calls telling them). The other is mail order and I'm having the same problems with the same doctor's office. Too bad, as this is the only decent neurologist I've found anyplace near - it's just the back office is completely incompetent. Maybe I should try faxing them to see if it makes a difference.

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Our state of Illinois has its stay at home extended from April to the end of May.  What is considered essential is not clearly understood.  It seems that elective surgical procedures are permitted as are dog grooming services.  But you still can't go and get a haircut yourself?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021