You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

84 this morning. We got to 87°  yesterday and it is supposed to be 90° today.  It is feeling a lot like Summer here.
When I lived up on the mountain it was a 30 mile trip to the Walmart but now it is only a mile away.  Still either way the grocery pickup works quite nicely.  You don't even have to get out of your car.  I just popped open my trunk and the bags were put in and I was done. 
It's going to be a while before California opens up but out here in the desert it is a lot less of a problem while areas like Los Angeles where the population is much more dense it is much worse.  Still, I am glad people around here are taking it seriously and I think it will be some time before people feel safe to return to normal. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

122 this cloudy morning. Woke up from a scary nightmare. A scary guy with a duffle bag was trying to push his way into my house saying he needed a place to stay with his mom who had the Covid virus. He was in my face and trying to push me aside...that's when I woke up heart racing. It was so real. No wonder my # was higher. I will be so glad when this whole covid nightmare is past us and life can resume to what ever normal is going to be.

55° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 59°/37° however it is already 60° so they were off a bit.

LOL Wally, I drive a 23 year old Geo Tracker, no pop open trunk...no trunk...just the back seat folded down for space. I have to get out of the car and open it manually. It is 4WD and so far going strong...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

117 this morning.

Heavens, what a scary nightmare, BigSkyGal! Turning off the news is a great way to avoid a lot of angst. Plus, I find loops of sleeping noise (forest sounds, thunder storms, etc.) really soothing when I go to bed. Far fewer ugly dreams that way.

It's funny, but I used to listen to news quite regularly, but turned it off entirely once this latest crisis began - really, I find my life much more peaceful without the daily barrage of news that habitually focuses on whatever it considers the latest crisis. If anything really big or important happens, I figure I'll hear about it somewhere else. It's something I highly recommend at least for a week or two just to see if it improves your state of mind.

Meanwhile, naturally, there are real crises in different parts of the world about which we never hear a word.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

148 this morning.

Tamagno - I like your advice about turning off the news.  We were eating supper whilst watching the world news and somehow we didn't feel so good after that arrangement.  We will have to try your method and see how that works for us. 

Our stay at home orders have been extended another whole month until end of May.  We're trying to figure out how to get plants like tomato plants and sweet pepper plants for the garden.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

81 this morning. We didn't get to the predicted high of 90°  yesterday but at 89°  I think it was close enough.  Los Angeles and surrounding areas are experiencing a heat wave and most counties have opened up the beaches asking people to observe social distancing.  Of course many people ignore that and gather in large crowds so they may close them up again. 
I do listen to the news every day just to keep up on what is going on.  I don't let it get to me.  It is what it is but I like to know what is going on. 
Barbara, I drive a 22 year old Honda Civic sedan that has just turned 300,000 miles but it is still running good and is in really good shape.  I bought it new and at 265,000 miles I put a new engine in it so I don't think I will ever replace it.  Thankfully it has a trunk release inside so it really came in handy. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

104 this mostly cloudy morning.

Yesterday's high was 62°, today's forecast is 66°/42°. The dandelions are starting to bloom, bright and cheerful.

I haven't watched the news in a long time and scroll past all the negative stuff on Twitter. I actually sleep pretty well most of the time. The weird thing is when I have nightmares, (not all that often) it is right before time to get up.

Wally my car only has 125,000 miles on it, hermit here remember? LOL Everything is original, I have tried to take good care of it. It has a few dents and such but still looks  pretty good. I have been thinking that someday I may need a new car, used one and like the idea of a Subaru Forester. But you just put the idea in my head of maybe just replacing what breaks down...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Like Wally, I watch the news twice a day, mostly when I'm on the treadmill, just to keep updated. Sadly there is no news except the virus or the oil crash, and now, Trump wanting to inject people with disinfectant.

I haven't drive much lately, but we use 2 cars on a regular basis. A smaller Suzuki for daily use because of traffic (before the covid times) or a bigger 4x4 Toyota, when there are more people or longer driving involved.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

104 this morning.

We drive a 9 yr old Toyota Camry for most trips around town.  My husband drove a 13 yr old Nissan Versa when he was working as it was super good on gas mileage.

We watch the news once a day as that seems to be enough of the bad and sad news for us.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  We had a high of 92°  yesterday and it is supposed to be the same today.  Starting out at 5:00 AM at 70°  so that may be low.
We don't have any "local" TV stations but we have repeater towers that bring us the Los Angeles stations and that is where i get my news.  I don't follow the National networks but I like the local LA news channels and yes there is some bad news but there is also a lot of good news and stories of people helping people and that is worth watching.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

116 this sunny morning.

68° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 66°/42°.

Tomorrow, our shelter in place order expires. Since it is Monday and I have to drive the garbage up to the road, and since I got my masks from Etsy, I am going to the larger grocery store in town. I haven't been there in over a month.  I am still going to stick to only going out every couple of weeks.

On another forum I frequent I learned a cool substitute for gloves. Of all things sandwich bags! I tried it out and they work great for things like opening doors and picking up things. So I will go to the grocery and my other errands armed with my mask and a handful of sandwich bags!

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on April 26, 2020, 01:44:50 PM116 this sunny morning.

68° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 66°/42°.

Tomorrow, our shelter in place order expires. Since it is Monday and I have to drive the garbage up to the road, and since I got my masks from Etsy, I am going to the larger grocery store in town. I haven't been there in over a month.  I am still going to stick to only going out every couple of weeks.

On another forum I frequent I learned a cool substitute for gloves. Of all things sandwich bags! I tried it out and they work great for things like opening doors and picking up things. So I will go to the grocery and my other errands armed with my mask and a handful of sandwich bags!

What a clever, useful and cheap idea for having to open doors etc. while shopping.  Thank you for sharing your ideas.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

192 this morning.

At some point yesterday something happened that's exacerbated the compression fracture in my lower spine in such fashion that I can barely stand, lift anything or walk. I applied a lidocaine patch a short time ago that ought to help plus I took some Aleve.

By the way, if anyone cares, HBO has made a bunch of content free to watch on HBO Now. While much of it is nothing more than filth, I am finding a few movies of interest.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

110 this morning.

Tamagno - Sorry to hear about your back giving you continued problems.  Maybe it would help if you put heat on it too, unless that is not indicated when wearing the lidocaine patch.

I took a walk around our yard yesterday to see what is coming up this Spring.  Our lilac bushes are budding out, we have jonquil flowers up and blooming and even some yellow dandelions in the grass.  Dandelions are considered weeds but the birds seemed happy to see them up for picking.  Hubby mowed the front and back lawn as we have had several inches of rain recently.  Grass grows well with lots of rain.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  Cooler than predicted yesterday but not by much, 91° instead of the predicted 93°.  Should be around the same today.  It is going to be windy starting Wednesday and continue through Sunday.  Drives my allergies crazy.
Tamagno, sorry you are having problems with your back, not fun at all.  Is that fracture going to heal or is it something you have to deal with on and on ?

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

114 this cloudy morning.

62° was the high yesterday, today's forecast 62°/40° with occasional showers.

Sorry about your back Tamagno, I hope you can get the pain under control.

I was going to go out today but then I remembered that Tuesday is when the store gets TP delivery so I'll wait until tomorrow and hope I can score some. I'm not desperate, but wouldn't mind having a bit more.