You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Bright and sunny today and it still looks like a good chance of rain Thursday late afternoon and evening.
The TVs in this house are all "smart" so I get Netflix and Amazon TV and we get all of the Los Angeles TV stations over the air so plenty of programming to wattch.  We have cable for the internet connection but don't see a reason to get TV programming from the cable company.  I never looked in to the Roku but I don't think I would see a need.  The picture on our TVs are fine to me so a 4K and now even soon to be 8K don't have any appeal for the price.  Sometimes you can save a lot of money being an old f@rt !  Then again when I look at what I want to get for my computer build I get a bit into overkill. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

189 this morning.

My cataract surgery went well and I was able to go home about an hour and a half afterwards.  I felt great until the anesthesia and the numbing drops wore off.  Then, because I also had another procedure done at the same time, my body went nuts on me.  I had a blood sugar rise from 123 after surgery to 235 two hours later because of the pain from the cornea procedure.  I saw the eye surgeon this morning and he addressed my issues.  So I am hopeful that after a few days, things will settle down for me.  Thanks to all for the prayers and positive thoughts.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

113 this partly cloudy morning.

Yesterday's high was 32°. Woke to about 1/2" of new snow, nothing dramatic like mentioned yesterday. There is a 30% dance of snow this afternoon. 32° is predicted high with an overnight low of 10°.

Hope you are feeling better soon Kathy. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on January 14, 2020, 01:23:42 PMSo I am hopeful that after a few days, things will settle down for me.

Nice to hear that. Wish you a speedy recovery.

119 fasting today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

133 this morning.

Grammabear, I'm glad the surgery went well and am now praying for complete and quick recovery.

Wally, like so much new tech, new TVs boast a lot that just isn't there - forget 8k, there's not much 4K; 2.1 HDMI connectors, etc. While I agree with waiting to get the latest and greatest it's fun to play with as long as things work and don't cost an arm and a leg. Where we are, there's zero broadcast TV that can be gotten by antenna, so everything has to be via internet. My streaming devices let me customize what I want to see, but not every device allows access to channels I want, or accessories I want to use.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.

I had a good night's sleep so hopefully today will also go well.

I have found the brightness of my desktop monitor to be too much.  Is there any way to lower that brightness?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  It's still possible that we will get some rain Thursday but mostly it will be windy.
Yeah Tamagno, when we lived up on the mountain there was no broadcast TV and the only internet was by satellite which was no good for streaming anything so we had to use Dish TV.  Location has a lot to do with what you can do.  Here in town there are repeaters that broadcast all of the TV stations from Los Angeles so there is a lot to choose from and we have cable internet so I have Netflix and Amazon so I haven't looked into anything else. 
Grammabear, there is surely a way to adjust the brightness on your monitor but you will have to look in the users manual to find out how.  My  monitor has buttons on the underside that bring up an on screen menu where you can adjust a variety of things but you need to find out what you need for your particular monitor.  If you can't find your manual you can go to the manufactures website and download a copy.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this mostly sunny, but cold morning. It was 15° when I got up at 9:30AM.

32° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is for 31° with overnight of 20°. No snow in forecast until next Tuesday.

Glad not hear you are on the mend Grammabear.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

132 fasting this morning.

Grammabear, happy that you are doing well. Like Wally says, Desktop monitors have controls on them to adjust these settings. Alternatively, you could go into your PC settings and control the brightness of the display. Try the 'Control Panel' of your Windows OS.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

144 this morning.

My wife had some ocular surgery not long ago, Grammabear, and for some time afterward used anti-glare sunglasses to use the computer. You ought to be able to adjust settings as the others mentioned, though.

Getting steadily colder throughout the day here. I may actually have to start up my second wood stove...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

Thank you all for the tips on helping with the brightness of my computer monitor.  Eye Dr said it might be an ongoing problem for awhile because of the PTK, phototherapeutic keratectomy, procedure I had done prior to the cataract surgery.  They gave me funky anti glare sunglasses to wear and I will most certainly try them when things get too bright.  The cataract part was easy, its the other part that is a challenge.  I guess it is "no pain, no gain."
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  We still may get some rain later today but it mostly looks like it will be windy.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

116 this partly cloudy morning.

29° was the high yesterday, it was 20° when I went to bed at 1AM. Forecast foe today is 43° with overnight 25°. May be some light snow showers this afternoon or overnight. I kind of hope not, as I have to go to the Oncologist tomorrow and don't want to have to shovel snow before I go.

skb

I forgot to check today morning. So I checked after my exercise and it was 147. That's a dump from the exercise. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

111 this morning.

Grammabear, I found the aftercare from cataract surgery far more hassle than the surgery, what with the patches, drops and so on. Seems to take awhile of all that, but it'll be worth it.

We seem to be into serious cold up here with temperatures barely getting above the teens today. Next week presumably is single digits. Snow is supposed to be coming tomorrow, but somehow I'm doubting it; we'll see.