You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

99 today morning.

India doesn't have the culture of grilling, mostly because the people are not meat eaters. I do have a grill stashed somewhere but haven't used it in quite some time. The last we enjoyed grilled chicken or pork was on new year's eve when my son was here with all his friends. Personally though, there's nothing more than a grilled steak that I enjoy. We used to do that a lot in Muscat at my cousin's place. Now he's moved to Brunei and we haven't visited him since he moved. With the new normals being set for the human race, I don't even know when that's possible.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

87 this morning.

It is 43 and raining today.  Since we received over 2 inches of rain last week, we really don't need any more this week.  Mother Nature thought otherwise. :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Our high yesterday was 87°  but it looks like we will be heading to the mid 90s for the rest of the week.
Grammabear, I would love to take some of that rain from you but it is going to be dry here for a while.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Tamagno

92 this morning.

SKB, the whole American backyard grilling business didn't really take off until after WWII. Prior generations knew full well about cooking over fires and in large part when it became possible to do otherwise wanted nothing to do with it nor any reminders of the work and poverty involved.

What I'd really love to do today is get in my car and go on a long road trip while eating nothing but junk food and swilling beer. (An extraordinarily unlikely eventuality, but a man can dream.)

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

bigskygal

103 this mostly sunny morning.

62° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 69°/40°.

I really need to call my yard people, the grass is really liking the sun these days.I can't wait for the lilacs to bloom!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

101 today morning.

That sounds like a good plan tamagno. I wonder when this will become possible.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

108 this morning.

I'm with you on the lilacs, BigSkyGal. Mine have had a pretty rough couple of years, but I'm ever hopeful. I have a huge one growing through a hole in my deck and it's scent is wonderful.

SKB, the paradigm of the dissolute, degenerate road trip is described in Hunter S. Thompson's book "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." Can't say I'd go that far under any circumstances, though.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

Our lilacs are 'leafed' out and now making buds.  I love the aroma of lilacs.  Our bushes took a really hard hit last winter plus the bunnies chewed on them severely.  I hope they come from the bottom and survive.  We also noticed that our Lily of the Valley flowers are coming up through the ground as are our Peonies.  I love Spring.  It is probably my favorite season - no mosquitoes and low humidity.

I would also like a long road trip to some place I've never been before.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  We had a high of 93°  yesterday and heading to 97°  today.  That looks like the story for the rest of the week then cooling down a bit next week and getting really windy.
No lilacs here and our iris have finished blooming but the roses are doing well.  May have to think about lilacs.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this cloudy windy morning. I hate the wind!!

69° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 58°/35.

I noticed this morning when I was out feeding the birds that my peonies had a couple shoots just barely poking out of the ground. My bleeding hearts are poking out too, one is doing much better than the other. My lilacs sound like they are at just about the same stage as yours Grammabear, small leaves and the buds are just starting.

A road trip would be fun, but I think in these times I would be too nervous to be out and about.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

88 today morning.

We're going to be open for business in a few days so the first drive will be to my site which is 10.5 kms from home. During traffic days that drive could take 90 minutes or more. Now, maybe 10-15 minutes.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

180 this morning.

The day is starting awkwardly as my insertion set failed during the night and now my CGM sensor has quit. I replaced the insertion set in the middle of the night but the sensor can wait a bit on the CGM.

A cold morning here and it looks like that'll stay here most all week.

Grammabear

105 this morning.

The temperature is 55 deg this morning with a high of 65 predicted for today.  But...there is a "freeze" warning for tonight of 36 deg F, so sure hope it doesn't hurt the spring flowers brave enough to start coming up.

Tamagno - Sorry about your insertion site.  That sometimes happens to me too.  Seems to start the day off poorly somehow.  Stay warm today.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We are going to be in the high 90s for the rest of the week but it looks like many to the East are going to see some pretty cold weather, maybe even some snow. 
There is going to be more places allowed to reopen in California now but they are going to try to maintain social distancing as best they can.  Wearing a mask is the rule in a lot of stores but some people just refuse to comply.  It's not to protect the wearer, it is to protect the workers that are exposed to many people during the day.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

There is a lot of price gouging going on these days.  For example on Amazon, a gal of vinegar goes for $25 and up.  A small jar of baking yeast is going for $35 and up.  Don't know about you all, but at that price - they can keep it!!
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021