You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

113 this mostly cloudy morning.

51° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 60°/33°.

Yeah, Grammabear, I've noticed the price gouging on Amazon too. And like you I just don't buy the item. I'll be so glad when things get back to whatever "normal" is going to be!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on May 07, 2020, 01:52:50 PMThere is a lot of price gouging going on these days.  For example on Amazon, a gal of vinegar goes for $25 and up.  A small jar of baking yeast is going for $35 and up.  Don't know about you all, but at that price - they can keep it!!

90 today morning.

A lot has changed IMO. Mainly the attitudes and the human competitive spirit will be destroyed if we continue this way. I'm taking a recce visit to my Site today with a contractor. Maybe, we'll start some work in the next few days.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

113 this morning.

The price-gouging is by no means across-the board, though, and usually the same thing can be had elsewhere ($25 for a gallon of vinegar?)

I was pleased yesterday to find that by the end of the day all the mostly little things I'd been hassling with were finally resolved - prescription renewal from neurologist at last complete, all outstanding orders from Amazon arrived, both pump and insertion set apparently working, put-off phone calls complete, and so on. In fact my oncologist's office called just to see how I was doing and if I needed anything.

Happily, that leaves me with nothing in particular to do today. Funny how rare those days seem, but definitely satisfying even though in the scheme of things they're all entirely insignificant.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

123 this morning.

Tamagno - I'm pleased your pump issues are resolved and that your prescription problems have also been settled.  Today perhaps you can relax with a good audio book and a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy your day.

We have had problems getting garden seeds this year.  For example, we planted lettuce in the garden but it did not germinate.  Now, when we want to replant, we cannot locate seeds.  I think this new 'normal' is going to take some getting used to. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  It is going to continue to be hot through the weekend then starting Monday it appears a front is going through with high winds and cooler temps but no rain.
I'm sure it is going to be some time before things are really normal.  I hears that seeds were in short supply as apparently people staying home are planting gardens that would not have before staying at home.  Home Depot and Lowe's are also doing more business as people are using the free time to do projects. 
Grammabear, that is price gouging for sure.  I checked yesterday and Walmart had two 64 ounce bottles of vinegar, which would be 1 gallon total, for $4.00 !   That was for 100% white vinegar.  I noticed some of the vinegar on Amazon was called "cleaning" vinegar and was 30%. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this partly cloudy morning.

59° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 64°/37°. That appears to be the weather we are going to be having for the next days give or take a degree or two.

I'm still waiting for  orders placed on Amazon Mar 27 and Apr 4, and one item from my most recent order. The vendor for the Mar 27 order blamed it on the planes not flying but USPS tracking says "label created, not yet in system". Same with the masks I ordered...that tracking says "May 1 package arrived in destination country", scheduled delivery date May 22-June 15. Sheesh!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

118 today morning. That's from a slice of regular bread I had yesterday.

Amazon has started deliveries in India but the service is very very slow. They are not accepting very many orders now. Our orders for Dog food placed in early March were supplied yesterday.

Yesterday I also spent 2 hours at my site. There are some workmen who stay at site and some materials that are in stock. So we'll be starting some operations within a day or two. All precautions are being taken. Each person will maintain 2 mtr distance from the other and they will be sprayed before and after entering the work site.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

105 this morning.

Goodness, it's cold here this morning with quite a heavy frost. Certainly not unheard of here, but it's tough on the plants that have already budded.

The world seems to have absorbed the idea that every "new normal" includes a variety of deprivations or hardships. I'd like merely to suggest that doors may well open as yet unconsidered which demonstrably make lives more abundant. By their nature, these are yet to be seen, but who knows?

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

134 this morning and I don't know where that came from.

A lot of people in this area seem to be very resentful for the idea of wearing a mask while out in public.  I have seen people going into a store not wearing one.

It was a killing frost here last night at 28 deg F when I went to bed.  Today is supposed to be 58 deg F so that is quite a change.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

109 this morning.  A bit high for me but not unexpected as dinner was a bit high on carbs. 
We had a high of 97°  yesterday and should be the same today then there is a front passing through North of here that will bring a lot of wind and lower temps here.  Here lower means in the mid 80s ! 
It used to happen a lot when I lived up on the mountain.  It would warm up and be Spring like and all of the trees and plants would start to bloom then we would get a freeze and kill all of the buds.  It sure is not going to happen here this year.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 109 here too this sunny morning.

62° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 69°/39° and sunny.

When I was last out and about, April 29th, I'd estimate only 30% of the people were wearing masks. I sure was. I'm going out on Monday to collect my mail and do a small shopping, it will be interesting to see if that number goes up or down. I will continue to wear one until I feel it is safe not to.

skb

111 today morning, down from 118 yesterday.

Well, to be honest, unless you are wearing a proper mask like the N-95, masks do not really protect you from the virus. You're still breathing the unfiltered ambient air around you. For an infected person, wearing a mask has more value because that can restrict the transmission of the virus to others.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

121 this morning.

You're right about the masks, SKB, but it does offer further support for the narcissism of non-wearers as it certainly isn't possible always to identify carriers. But, naturally, at the moment none of the reality of much of any of this matters as it's all become fashionable politically.

Almost exactly the same weather for us, Grammabear - it's freezing here this morning but will hit nearly 60 a little later.

Grammabear

95 this morning.

My husband bought a N-95 mask at the home improvement store last Fall when he did some painting in the house.  Now, of course, they are no longer available to the general public.  So we are left to wear a cloth mask, which I hope it better than nothing.

We are warmer today at 45 deg F but the high predicted for today is only 46.  So not really much to get excited about.  Good day to stay inside.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  We hit 98°  for a high yesterday and probably the same today but it s supposed to get windy and temps will be a bit lower starting tomorrow.
People are being asked to wear a mask or any face covering, like a scarf, not because it will protect the wearer but to protect others from someone that is infected.  The people working in stores like grocery stores need the protection because there is a very real chance that someone is infected and not show any sign so there is no way to know if it is   safe to be near someone that does not wear something.  I know many people don't think it is necessary and refuse to wear any covering but it is really just selfish and makes the job of these workers that much more dangerous.  A mask or other face covering will do very little to protect the wearer so it is still necessary to keep your distance.  The bad thing about this virus is that it is so infectious and people that show no signs of being infected will pass it on. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024