You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

109 this blue sky morning.

64° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 66°/39°.

Well, I will be wearing a mask whenever I go out for a good long time.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

134 today. A sudden spike because I was under the weather yesterday. It's that time of the year when temperatures are highest and rains are due to arrive in the next 3 weeks or so. Today I'm fine so I should see a drop.

I'll be taking a trip to my work site again today. Of course I'll be wearing a mask as it has been made mandatory.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

145 this morning.

Not quite so cold here this morning which is great. Should be getting up to the 70s by the weekend.

Our town garbage dump has radically changed its prices, hours and way of doing business, so I looked into hiring the firm here that does private pick-up of trash. At this point it's become very little more expensive than taking household trash to the town dump, but I realized what an attraction and boon it'd be to area bears. Think I'll wait awhile.

Gosh. Now we can't eat nor can we throw anything away...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

My oldest son went grocery shopping yesterday for his family.  He sent me a picture via text message of a small beef tenderloin he saw for sale at the store.  It was just over a pound and cost $24.65  :o Needless to say he left that meat on the shelf and chose something else.

Our town doesn't even have a dump anymore.  If you want to dispose of garbage, you have two private companies to choose from OR you can burn your trash IF you are outside the city limits.  Some of our neighbors do burn their trash which smells hideous and is most obnoxious.  But what can we do without starting a heated argument in the neighborhood.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  We are looking at a bit cooler temps and windy for the next few days but cooler is still in the mid 80s.
Our local land fill, "dump", is run by the county and house trash is free to residents.  We also have trash pickup if you want to pay for it but the dump is only a mile down the road so we use it. You can't burn trash any where that I know of in California because of air pollution so that is not a problem here.
Tenderloin has always been an expensive cut of meat so that doesn't seem that much out of line to me.  Here there hasn't been a major increase in prices but that could change.  Because of the problems with meat packing companies they say that you may have to be satisfied with bone in meat and chicken but I don't have a problem with that. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this partly cloudy morning.

65° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 60°/39°.

I was going to go out today but I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow. No particular reason just don't feel like going today.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

127 today morning.

The monsoon should hit the southern India tip within the next few days.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

164 this morning.

Here, we can't throw anything away without paying for it. I wouldn't mind burning it, but you can't without a permit. Not sure if I'm allowed to breath around here without a permit...

Looks like I'll be staying in today as well, BigSkyGal.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

124 this morning.

We will be mowing our grass today as we've had more than enough rain during the past week.  We are expecting some severe storms tomorrow and more rain at the end of the week.  Wish we could send the rain to places that really need it.

On a brighter note, our lilacs are leafed out and beginning to bud out.  They should be in bloom within a week or so.  I do so love the smell of lilacs.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  We had a high of 86°  yesterday and heading to 81°  today then we start to warm up.  Windy yesterday and continuing today but should be out of here today.
I am going to go to the grocery today for a few items but that is about the extent of my travels.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this rainy morning.

60° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 60°/42 with showers on and off.

Went out early (for me) to get my errands done. 4 stops, I'd guess less than 50% of people were wearing masks. Just ticks me off... Scored a bottle of distillery made hand sanitizer. It is 1 liter cost $14.95, so not bad for that quantity. I think I am going to put some in a spray bottle to use in the car when I am out.

Tamagno

159 this morning.

Another hard-frost night last night. Hopefully most plantings got covered/insulated and manage to bloom.

Our days have been beautiful lately, just windy and cold. Still, you can feel the sun rising higher every day and know that warm weather is near.

Grammabear

125 this morning.

We also had another hard frost last night, but this morning it is already 45 and supposed to get near 70 Deg F by noon.

Our County has increased Covid 19 cases and several deaths as well.  We are trending upwards which isn't all that great.  We also see people without masks.  Don't understand that reluctance to try to be safe.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  We didn't get to the predicted 81°  yesterday and topped out at 75°  but it is supposed to be warming up starting today.  Not unhappy at all that we are not seeing freezing temps. here.
I went out to the grocery store yesterday and even though there is a sign on the door stating that anyone entering must have face covering there were some that ignored it.  Employees are not trying to enforce the rule and I don't blame them, they are not police, but the cashier can refuse to check someone out if they don't comply.  Some people are just ignorant and don't care about any one else.
On the plus side here in this town of 34,000 people we have only had two cases reported with one recovered since the start of this so much better than in more densely populated areas.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

107 this partly cloudy morning.

60° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 57°/37°¸ Still on the cool side.

Yesterday on Twitter I saw a quote from NY Gov Cuomo:
"When you wear a mask yau are saying I respect my neighbors.
When you wear a mask you are saying I respect nurses and doctors.
When you wear a mask you are saying I respect other people."

I think that sums up how I feel about the mask and I think most of us here too.