You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

120 today.

Our state has the highest numbers in India. But then we are the most densely populated and we test a lot lot more than the others. Even so, we are preparing for a gradual opening up from the 18th. Masks will be a norm for a long time to come and are likely to be enforced by law. How effective they will be is another question.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

201 this morning.

The weather forecast promises clear skies, sun and temperatures in the mid-70s. Wonderful!

Flu morbidity rates are confounded by how they're defined (in which, for example, every death by pneumonia is defined as a flu death in some places regardless of evidence of the virus.) Unfortunately, we may never have accurate data.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

86 this morning.

Our county is approximately 20,000 and we have 253 positive cases and 13 deaths.  How much testing is being done is unknown at this point.  I agree with Tamagno, accuracy is in question.

Today it is raining and is expected to continue throughout the day.  Good day to do indoor chores.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  We were at 81°  yesterday and heading to a high of 84°  today.  Wind is out of here for now but is supposed to be back next week.
Kern county where I live is a pretty large county and I don't know what the population is but it is around 500,000.  Total cases for the county is 1343 with 836 recovered and 17 deaths.  The largest population is on the other side of the mountains from where I live.  Ridgecrest has a population of 34,000 and we have had 3 cases with one recovered.  These number are only from people that have been treated at a hospital so there can be many that recover at home and are not tested.  I feel a lot safer in a much lower populated area.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this partly cloudy morning.

64° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 62°/42° with possible showers in the afternoon and evening.

I don't know the stats for my county other than just 5 confirmed cases. No new ones in about 3 weeks so that is a good sign. MT is a small state population wise, and I agree with Wally I feel safer in this less populated area. Statewide we have had 462 cases and 16 deaths. The total tests is 24,549.

I agree that the true statistics may never be known.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

103 this morning.

Our state, Maharashtra has so far reported 27524 cases with 1000+ deaths. India reported 3957 cases yesterday with our state accounting for 900+ out of that.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

149 this morning.

An old friend who's now retired and totally subsistence farming in Missouri says there are no cases in his county.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

86 this morning.

My G6 sensor will expire in a few hours, so maybe no big deal.  However, I have no more sensors and Medicare does not pay for test strips either when you have the G6 system.  If I did not pay for test strips out of pocket, I would have no way of knowing what my blood sugar readings are.  Medicare's rules are ridiculous.  Supplier will send new sensors, maybe, sometime next week I hope.

The new cases of Covid19 continues to climb in our county.  Not very encouraging.  Don't know if the actual cases are climbing, or if it might be because more people are getting tested.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  We had a high yesterday of 84°  yesterday and heading for a 89°  today.    Actually quite nice and comfortable to be outside. 
Our count for the virus in the town is 3 cases with 2 of those recovered so not nearly as bad as it is in other areas.  People around here are doing a pretty good job of observing  distancing and wearing masks so it's not as daunting to go to the store.  Hopefully with precautions businesses will be able to open and people will be able to get back to work. The toll on the economy is really devastating.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this rainy morning.

64° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 55°/35° and rain. It is a very dreary day here today.

I really feel sorry for all the people out of work due to the lockdowns. I'm sure some are really struggling. I fear it will be a very long time before we get to anything like normal again.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

100 today morning.

Mumbai is a very large city. It has been divided into 2 districts, City and Suburbs, both of which are in the high count Red Zone. Further ward wise (precinct) subdivision shows that we live in an Orange Zone. However, both my site and office are located in Red Zones. So a further lockdown is inescapable. Till when remains to be seen.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

107 this morning.

A beautiful day here yesterday and today promises much the same.

I started my grilling season yesterday with hamburgers and lamb patties. It was my first time using my new Weber kettle grill which I like very much - uses less charcoal, makes more heat and is easier to start. Tonight I think I'll brine some chicken thighs and do those. Of course, I always add wood chips and the flavor is terrific.

Grammabear

107 this morning.

We also have a beautiful day here.  Yesterday was 75 and sunny, today will be 71 and also mostly sunny until afternoon.

Grilling season makes me envision hamburgers and chicken breasts and maybe an occasional bratwurst.  Tradition has it at the end of the cooking session, we cut a stick from one of our trees, and roast a marshmallow.  I'm not sure where the tradition got started - perhaps when our children were younger and asked for it.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

97 this morning.   Our high yesterday was 88°  and heading to 94°  today so Summer like weather.  We grill almost every night here either on the Traeger or the gas grill depending on what it is.  I really enjoy meat cooked over the fire.   ~bbq~ 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

Snap Tamagno, & Grammabear! 107 here this morning too!

65° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 69°/46°. It is a much nicer day today than yesterday!

I have had to give up grilling, just too many yellow jackets outside.