You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on May 16, 2020, 01:35:52 PMSnap Tamagno, & Grammabear! 107 here this morning too!

65° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 69°/46°. It is a much nicer day today than yesterday!

I have had to give up grilling, just too many yellow jackets outside.

No kidding Barbara - Did we hit the trifecta with 107?

Is there no way to rid your place of yellow jackets?  That's too bad you can't grill out when you want?  The next best thing is a George Foreman grill inside.  They come in all sizes.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

102 fasting today.

If I had hit 107, which is quite likely, then that would have been something. Common Forum Denominator.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

303 this morning.

Had to get up in the night to fix a low and obviously got it wrong - I'll have glucose back down shortly.

I guess a continuing odd morning in that I found I just didn't want coffee; increasingly, I find I can't taste it nor am I getting any kick from the caffeine. Don't know f that'll be an ongoing thing or not.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

138 this morning.

I also had a low, shortly after I went to bed last night.  I didn't get it right either.  My fasting number came down from 202.

Tamagno - Maybe you could try a different brand of coffee or a flavored coffee or some herbal tea.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We got to 91°  yesterday and it is supposed to be the same today with winds picking up later in the day.  There is a front passing through to the North and we will see a drop in temperature tomorrow and Tuesday but our lowest is supposed to be 72°  Tuesday.  They are predicting snow above 7000 feet tomorrow and Tuesday in the mountains just North of here so that is kind of neat for the middle of May.
Sorry about the yellow jackets Barbara, those nasty guys can be really hard to get rid of. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this cloudy morning.

66° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 71°/48° with possible thunderstorms this afternoon.

This area is just inundated with yellow jackets! The local high school team is the Yellow Jackets!! I've had pest control spray for years and they still are a problem. They are a force of nature and I just gave up. I'll look into the
George Foreman grill though!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

120 today.

Daughter and grand kids came over yesterday evening. I don't know if it is the tonic in the extra vodka or the s/f cheese cake that did it, but I'm a bit high. Could have been the lack of a proper workout as well. With BG it's hard to tell.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

114 this morning.

Come now, SKB, couldn't have been the vodka...

You've got to admire George Foreman, vis, great boxing career with a splashy "old age" come back, all the marketing and especially those grills (much loved by owners) and the guts to name all his boys George.

While we've got all manner of stinging insects, I'm not sure I've ever seen a yellow jacket here. Our big bug enemy is the stinging ground bees we get in the fall - they're tiny, attack viciously in groups apparently without provocation and produce a wound that feels like being shot with a 22. (Oh yes, also the Lyme carrying ticks.) Many of these things appear impervious to any and all bug sprays.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

116 this morning.

We received a small George Foreman grill when they first came out and loved it - except it was hard to clean if you messed up with whatever you were grilling.  The models these days have 'removable grids' so you can just pop them out and put them in the sink or your dishwasher. 

I had a lovely low blood sugar at 3:45 a.m.and had to get up for a taste of apple juice.  Fortunately for me I went back to bed and slept some more after fixing the low.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on May 18, 2020, 06:51:08 AMCome now, SKB, couldn't have been the vodka...

No, but the tonic added to it. Though I had just a teeny weeny bit.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  Cooler and windy today and tomorrow then warming back up to the 90s.  They are predicting up to 8 inches of snow in the Sierras over 7000 feet, too bad the ski resorts are all shut down due to the virus.
Years ago I had a Farberware indoor electric grill and it worked great.  I never used a George Foreman grill but I expect it would be a good choice. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this rainy morning.

70° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 57°/44° with rain on and off. Another dreary day.

Heading over to Amazon to check out the George Foreman grills...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

88 this morning.

I'm headed to work site again today. The rains are due in 2 weeks and we need to get prepared for the downpour. Some work that was recently carried out needs to be protected. The workmen have started working on that but I need to go see it and not try to manage it by phone.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

126 this morning.

You know, I didn't buy an electric grill as I found it's cheaper to just use a cast iron skillet with grill ridges. Obviously I'm not making paninis or that kind of thing.

I notice an odd correlation with my Fitbit (Versa). According to it when I sync it every morning, the less I've slept the lower my resting pulse. Of course, I'm suspicious just how accurate either reading is, but It is a consistent pattern.

Grammabear

108 this morning.

Does anyone ever run out of ideas of what to fix for meal times?  With meat supply being affected by the Covid virus, sometimes it is difficult to come up with different ideas of what to fix. 

More rain here and much cooler temperature this morning at 54 deg F.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021