You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

98 this morning.

I agree Tamagno, Spring green is wonderful.  While we were mowing yesterday I saw many of the wild violets that are common to this area.  Our Lily of the Valley are blooming like they are happy to see something beside snow.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  I think we are kind of past Spring here, 85° yesterday and in the 90s through the weekend.  We are supposed to break the 100°  mark next week.
I haven't had any problem with delivery ties from Amazon but I make sure the item is not being shipped by a third party because even it may be Prime the time can vary a lot.  I check to make sure that even if it is sold by a third party it is Fulfilled by Amazon.
I ordered a couple of sweat pants from Walmart this winter and they showed in stock but I got no notification the order shipped for several days then the order was canceled as out of stock so I guess there is no fool proof method when ordering on line. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this cloudy morning.

59° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 57°/35°.

Before the virus, I never had any problems with Prime delivery, it is their new "ranking" of importance of items that seems to have slowed down delivery.  Wally,  you being in CA, I expect there are many more warehouses than there are in MT so delivery is probably more normal. I too go for the fulfilled by Amazon items as much as possible.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

123 today.

A little higher because I allowed myself to feast on a few raisins after dinner.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

85 this morning.

Over the years I've had a couple of Amazon orders go wrong in the way Wally mentions, but mostly they're still pretty good around here.

I'm seeing raccoons this year, which I don't like; generally we have very few, but full grown they can do a lot of damage.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

117 this morning.

Thank you for the tips on ordering from Amazon.  Most times they do a pretty good job considering they probably face some hard times scheduling workers with the pandemic influence.  I have had problems with something being in stock, then all of a sudden the order is cancelled - only to appear on my doorstep a week or two later without any notice.

Tamagno - Indeed adult raccoons can do a lot of damage.  In our area they are "opportunists" meaning anything they want to eat, they will try it.  It doesn't matter if you leave a covered trash can or a tasty morsel of green bean plants just coming up in the garden - they will eat it.  They have destroyed more than one bird feeder of ours.  We try to fence any plant we don't want them to eat.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Sunny and warm here but quite windy yesterday and all night and it looks like it will continue today.  I'm not a big fan of wind but it is a reality here in the desert.
I imagine you are right Barbara, we have some large Amazon warehouses not too far from here so two day, and even one day shipping for some items, doesn't seem to be a big problem.  The biggest problem here is third party sellers that ship on their own.  Even though it may be free shipping you don't know where it is shipping from and delivery time is unknown. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

101 this cloudy morning.

60° was yesterday's high, today's forecast is 57°/37° with a small possibility of rain.

When I lived in the Sierras in CA, DH and I used to feed the raccoons. We'd save bones, moldy bread, left overs and out it out for them at night. They never did any damage, but we couldn't grow things up there so there wasn't much for them to do. The mamas always brought their babies around, I guess to show them off. They were sort of like pets. The strangest thing was when DH passed away and the Coroner was wheeling him down the path, about 5 raccoons sat up on their haunches along side the path as he passed by. It was spooky.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

101 fasting today.

The e-commerce delivery guys have started working and restaurants have been permitted to supply take aways. Amazon has started delivering most items if not all. Delivery times are a little stretched for Amazon but then that's understandable like Grammabear says.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

201 this morning.

Looks like it might be a nice day here - good day to grill.

So many animals are taken too much for their cuteness (deer, squirrels, bears, raccoons, etc.) that so easily anthropomorphizes them. We know a lot of people who feed and encourage them to come around. Everybody around here has had Lyme disease at least a few times and we all know these creatures to be vectors for it. Besides, they're rarely so friendly as you'd thought.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

118 this morning.

Hubby went to a greenhouse yesterday to buy some vegetable plants for the garden, only to find that they did not have most of what he had on his list.  He did plant green beans but now it is looking doubtful for the other things like tomatoes and sweet bell peppers.  Sigh....

Tamagno - I hope you have a good day grilling.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  It is warming up as predicted and thankfully the wind is out of here.  It still looks like we will be over 100°  next week and then in the mid 90s next weekend.
When I lived up on the mountain we didn't feed any of the animals but then they were bears, mountain lions and coyotes so not cute.  Any smaller animals stayed away probably because of the dogs and I never saw any raccoons in the area.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

104 this sunny morning.

60° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 65°/40°

I had the pest people out last Tuesday and my feral cat disappeared for two days after, he has just gotten comfortable again but tomorrow the lawn people are coming... I suppose he will run away again. I just hope he comes back again.

skb

90 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

224 this morning.

It's dark and vorboding looking here, but forecasts aren't predicting heavy weather so maybe this will blow over.

Grammabear, I know one group of gardeners up here who've had good luck so far this year in terms of buying and planting. Some others are complaining about nursery stock being low. I'm hoping this year produces the same excess of fresh tomatoes that we had last year.