You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

88 this morning.

Tamagno - We do enjoy fresh vegetables from the garden.  My husband retired last December 2019 and now he can spend more time tending his garden IF Mother Nature allows.  But he is having major trouble finding plants to put in that garden.  We will try another greenhouse as a possible source tomorrow.  DH plants a yellow pear tomato that you can pick, pop in your mouth and enjoy immediately.  I will miss them if he cannot find plants this year.

Barbara - Your feral kitty will come back as soon as things settle down at your place, especially if you put out a treat for him.

Wally - Our weather temperatures got up to 85 yesterday with humidity about 85% also.  Quite humid here.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We hit 89°  yesterday and heading to 95°  today.  Tomorrow we are supposed to get to 102°  and over 100°  for the rest of the week.  Cooler on the weekend and highs in the low 90s for the next few days after that.
Since the shutdown our Home Depot has been crowded with people looking to do projects around the house and gardening is one of those things.  Because of that the supply of seeds and plants has been low and selection not too good. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this lovely blue sky morning.

Yesterday's high was 62°, today's forecast is 71°/51°. It will be worming up each day this week to a high of 91° on Saturday and then cool back down again.

Kitty had a good breakfast before the lawn people got here. I am * at them though because one of his workers mowed down all my tiger lilies in front of the porch! I asked the kid if he didn't see the difference between the leaves of the plants and the grass? His reply, well the grass was so high...not anywhere as tall as the lilies!! The owner said he'd give me the mowing for free and apologized. Does anyone know if they will come back next year?

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on May 25, 2020, 01:38:08 PM111 this lovely blue sky morning.

Yesterday's high was 62°, today's forecast is 71°/51°. It will be worming up each day this week to a high of 91° on Saturday and then cool back down again.

Kitty had a good breakfast before the lawn people got here. I am * at them though because one of his workers mowed down all my tiger lilies in front of the porch! I asked the kid if he didn't see the difference between the leaves of the plants and the grass? His reply, well the grass was so high...not anywhere as tall as the lilies!! The owner said he'd give me the mowing for free and apologized. Does anyone know if they will come back next year?

Barbara - We have lots of Tiger Lily's growing in our yard.  I think they will come back next year and they may grow foliage this season but probably will not flower.  I think they are a very forgiving flower, at least they are here in the mid-west.  I don't know much about the length of your growing season, but I would not give up on them just yet.  The lawn guy should have received a kick in the pants for mowing them down.  I would have given him a piece of my mind.  :-X
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

112 this morning.

My son and daughter in law came with a couple of friends for dinner and they always get a little something that doesn't fit in into our Way of Eating, so a bit higher this morning. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

173 this morning.

With highs today predicted in the low 80s and high humidity, it's feeling much more like summer.

Starting to think about turning on the A/C. Definitely time to call for its annual check up.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

102 this morning.

Weather is partly sunny here today, which is a welcome sight compared to getting rain almost every day for quite a while.

We're trying to do some long overdue errands today.  Hope it goes well.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  I'm usually OK with a couple of French Fries with my burger but I got a bit carried away last night so higher this AM but, they were good.
We are supposed to break the 100°  mark today with a high of 102°  and 105°  tomorrow.  It looks like it will be hotter across most of the US this week.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this partly cloudy morning.

71° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 71°/44°.

Thanks Grammabear, I was hoping that they might come back. Oh yes, I was really ticked off and said so to the owner, that is why he didn't charge me for the mowing. The owner said that last week this crew mowed over a $800 blower! I'd have fired the guy! This mistake cost him $150!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

111 today morning.

The evening workout helps tremendously with the morning number. Will make it a point to do something every evening.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

106 this morning.

Summer varmints are all putting in an appearance right on schedule, from ants to bears. (Ants worry me more than bears - I'll have to spray the foundation to stop them.)

French fries is something I miss, Wally. Like real pizza crust it's just not replaceable, no matter how clever the recipe. If I could eat fries at all, I'd expect glucose to up considerably as well.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

108 this morning.

It is 75 deg F so far this morning and supposed to reach low 80s deg F.  I just wish the humidity would go away a bit.

Hubby put out our collection of Christmas cacti on our porch.  The porch has a over hang roof so the plants are protected some from the wind and yet receive sunshine and rain.  Already the 'little' varmints like mice and moles have found them, so hubby set a trap and has been successful several times.

Lots of sunshine predicted for today which is preferred to the rains that have flooded farmers fields here.  We need to dry out.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  We just hit 100° yesterday and it is supposed to be 107°  today but the actual temp here will probably be 105° which is pretty much the same.  Starting out at 77°  at 6:00 AM so 100+ is a sure bet.
Tamagno, like so many things the quantity makes the difference.  I am OK with 2-3 french fries but it is hard to not go for more.  A hand full like 10-12  is going to give me a spike.  Portion control is the key but not always easy to do.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

117 this sunny morning. Don't know where that came from, but it is what it is...

70° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 75°/42°. but it is already 75° so it may go higher.

At least I am spared the creepy crawly critter since I have had my Spring pest spraying. Hopefully my kitty will come back and take care of the mice the traps don't get rid of.

skb

93 today morning.

I have found great value in portion control. Yesterday my daughter and grand kids were over, so we had made some Mango with HWC for them. I had some too, yet kept my Fasting in control. Some days ago we had made French Fries in lard. Same thing, had a few with little effect on BG 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club