You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

141 this morning.

Funny, SKB, but cooks over here haven't used lard much for the last 50 years or so, but it's now having a comeback. I'm curious to try it.

I'm seeing talk of Medicare now covering insulin but haven't seen any details. Entirely possible my source for that rumor is badly misinformed.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  We got to a high of 105° yesterday and it is supposed to be 108° today then starting to cool down a bit starting tomorrow.  We should be in the low 90s by the weekend.

Tamagno, according to what I have seen it is your part D prescription insurance and the change is that there will be  $35 cap on co-pays they can charge for the month.  This is supposed to start in 2021.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/medicare-enrollees-insulin-35-month-70888337

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

103 this morning.

Because I am using an insulin pump, Medicare pays 80% and my supplement pays 20% of my insulin cost.  However each and every time I go to fill my prescription, I get major grief from my supplement insurance.  I am happy for the new ruling for those people who use injections for their method of insulin delivery. My insulin is billed under part B.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

102 this partly cloudy morning.

72° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 72°/53°.

Kitty still hasn't come back. The lawn people may really have scared him away...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

89 this morning.  ;D

The latest Covid figures are in. My state is contributing a third of the cases in India and Mumbai has been the bad boy all through. Hope things improve otherwise the lockdown will continue way too far to our liking.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

93 this morning.

Our state is just beginning the re-opening and as of yesterday the county where I live has 425 positive cases of Covid19.  I have to visit the GPs office today to have lab work done as she hasn't ordered an A1C test for almost a year.  They have already made two phone calls telling me what I must do and that I must wear a mask.  Not looking forward to being exposed to additional germs.

Barbara - Maybe your kitty is watching from a distance to see if the yard people are going to return.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

186 this morning.

Thanks for the link, Wally. At $500+/vial insulin is a major concern and it's an embarrassment this has gone on so long. I'm still asking, where's the generic insulin?

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We had a high of 106°  yesterday and that is supposed to be the highest for a while.  It is supposed to get to 104°  today and then cooling down to 88°  tomorrow as a storm front passes through to the North of here.  We will be windy but cooler and should be in the low 90s for a few days.
Yeah Tamagno, I don't know what is the reason insulin is priced so high.  My RX insurance does cover insulin at $20 for a 30 day supply and $40 for a 90 day supply.  That is for injectable insulin and they list it as generic but I don't know the differences and they show a lot of different types.  It may depend a lot on what insurance someone has.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

97 this cloudy morning.

73° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 78°/53°

Ran errands today by the time I got back I was exhausted.  I noticed most people were not wearing masks. I was. Montana has had 493 cases of the virus, 17 deaths for the whole state. My county has had 13 cases. We go many days with no new cases then a few of 2-3 cases. We move into Phase 2 off reopening on June 1, the mask requirement in public will expire...I am still wearing one! Some more businesses will be allowed to open. I still feel this is too soon!

Kathy, I think Kitty is gone for good. I fed him a big meal Monday morning, figuring he'd be gone a couple of days, but it is Friday and no sign of him. I doubt he would be lurking this long, he knows where the food is. I'll keep putting out the kibbles, maybe he'll come back. The magpies and black birds finish them off after a while. I chase them off for a couple hours after I put them out as Kitty usually comes in that time frame...  He's been my little buddy even though I've never touched him, he's never been inside, and he hissed at me every time he saw me. Even so it made me smile when I saw him eating on the deck.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

83 fasting today  ;D

Mumbai is doing very badly and is now being labelled as the epicenter of Covid in India. Tomorrow is the last day of the nationwide lockdown. Now the Central government has shrugged off its responsibilities and put it all on the State governments. Looking at Mumbai's numbers, more of the lockdown looks in store. But deliveries have started and so you can call for things from the online segment.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

149 this morning.

Wally, those "generic" insulins you see are mixtures of long- and short-acting insulins mixed together in pens, I believe. Somehow, insulin has never gone to generic production. Lilly and one or two others are the only patent holders.

Looking to be a beautiful day here today.

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Barbara - I am sad your Kitty seems to have vanished.  Its uncanny sometimes how we bond with an animal that isn't even ours to own.  Maybe it is time to look into adopting a rescue kitty.

I had a lab appointment yesterday in preparation for the tele health appointment on Tuesday.  There was someone outside checking before I was even allowed in the building.  Then the lab technician came and called my name had a mask and a face shield while she was drawing my blood.  Her accent was heavily hispanic and very difficult for me to hear her much less understand her.

It will be a beautiful day here also.  We will spend 4-5 hours mowing our grass which is very abundant due to the rainfall we've had.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Snap Barbara, 97 here this morning also.  Cooler yesterday at 98°  for the high and today it is going to be 88°  but windy.  We should be in the low 90s for the next few days but back yo 100° + in a couple of weeks.
So far in this town of 34,000 people we have had 7 casts total with 5 recovered so not too bad.  Most people are wearing masks and following guidelines but not all.  Some people just don't seem to get it or don't care.  It's going to be a long time before I am comfortable around groups of people.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

That was yesterday Wally... 95 this sunny morning. I posted really late yesterday.

75° was the high yesterday, today is going to be much warmer, 87°/57°. It is already 79°.

Kathy, I've thought about adopting a new kitty, but I don't have anyone to take care of it when I go to CA to visit family. Last year was so easy to go twice since Boo had passed. This year would have been too if not for the pandemic. Now I'm not sure I want to get on a plane again or stay in a motel/hotel.

skb

103 today.

Our government has decided to continue with the lockdown till June 30th while at the same time opening up things in a phased manner. Malls, eateries and places of worship are opening up from the 8th. Movement restrictions are also being eased except in containment zones.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club