You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

75 this morning.

Tamagno - You're 100% right about the after-care with cataract surgery.  In my case with the addition of the keratectomy procedure (which is where they reduce opacities on the surface of the cornea) I have additional drops (4) and additional pain.  Last night I was so tired I could not stay away much past 8:30 pm.  Each day does get a bit better though.

It is cold here at 9 deg F but is supposed to be maybe 16 for a high today.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  We didn't get any rain at all but we sure did get a lot of wind.  There was a lot of snow in the mountains though which is a good thing, around a foot of snow at Mammoth Mountain Ski area.  I don't envy those of you dealing with the really low temps.
I guess I was fortunate when I had my cataract surgery.  I had a clear plastic dome put over my eye to protect it from my accidentally poking my eye that I only had to keep there overnight.  No eye drops or patches after that. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

101 this mostly clear but windy morning. No new snow.

42° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is for a high of 34° with overnight low of 18°. Snow in forecast for next Tues and Wed.

Off to see my Oncologist.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

84 this morning.

Four degrees here with snow predicted later this morning; winters here for real which about what we expect this time of year.

BigSkyGal, I hope you have only good news from your oncologist!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

108 this morning.

34 deg F today with unknown amount of snow on the ground and still snowing to be followed by sleet and ice. 

bigskygal - I hope the doctor gave you good news.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  A bit cool here at 28° this morning but warming up to the mid 50s so it's looking like a nice day.
Yeah Barbara, hope all is OK with your appointment.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this mostly cloudy morning. 20° when I got up at 9AM

34° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is for 36° with overnight low of 23°. No snow here.

Dr appointment went very well. He finally discharged me! Since I am seeing a Gastroenterologist for my liver followups he said after over 6 years the breast cancer is still gone and I don't need to see him any longer. YAY!!

After I left the dr, the day went to he!! in a hand basket. I went shopping at a large market I like in Missoula and when I went to pay, my debit card was gone! I totally panicked! Fortunately I had my credit card on me so could pay for the groceries. Then I went to the car and took everything out of my purse to make sure it hadn't just fallen out of my wallet. Nope, no card! The last time I used it was last Monday when I was running errands. I figured out what was my last stop and prayed I had left it there. Frantically drove down to my little town all the while thinking what to do if in fact the card was gone...all the automatic payments that would have to be changed, not to mention the possibility of my account being drained. I was in a panic by the time I got there. I walked in the door of the shop and the clerk looked at me and said Yes! before I said anything. They tried to call me but had an old land line phoned # that I haven't had in a lot of years. What a relief!!  What a scare, I was still shaking when I got home!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

157 this morning.

That's great news, Barbara; wonderful to get rid of those visits and be healthy, cancer free and oncologist free!

Cold weather continues. Yesterday my wife made "nutrition bars" to put out for the birds. When she told me the ingredients (oatmeal, blueberries, raspberries, peanut butter, brown sugar and a few seeds)I asked for a taste - delicious, not the best for diabetic birds, but surely the others will like it.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

121 this morning.

Yesterday was a day spent wearing dark glasses inside because of light sensitivity.  Today is much better.

bigskygal - So pleased your report from the doctor was good.  Enjoy the time spent away from going to endless appointments or so it seems.

Today is 1 deg F with a wind chill of -16 deg F.  Very good day to stay inside and probably watch football with hubby.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  Weather here remains constant.  No rain but cloudy all day for the next few days.
Tamagno, too much sugar for me but those  "nutrition bars" sound delicious.  My fear would be that they would attract some other creatures not as welcome as the birds.
Barbara, that is really great, congratulations.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

101 this mostly clear morning.

39° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 39° for high and overnight of 23°. No snow anywhere in the 10 day forecast.

Thanks everyone, it is really great to be free of that dr!!

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Our temperature this morning is 14 and likely to hover around there a little while.

The subject of instant pots came up yesterday and I'm wondering if any of you are using one (or multicooker). Opinions are all over, but I'm curious to hear from people I know and trust.

Grammabear

114 this morning.

I don't have an instant pot, but would be interested in hearing from someone who does.

Today is cold here at 11 deg F.  Our high is only 25 deg F.  Another good day to stay inside if possible.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Weather here remains pretty nice but for some of you to the East I hope you all keep warm.  Another storm is going to hit the West Coast and Washington, Oregon and Northern California are going to see rain and snow but not here.  It will head East so some of you will get an impact from it.

I got an Instant Pot for Christmas and really like it.  The nice thing about it is that it is, well, instant   It took an hour to make shredded beef from a chuck roast that took 7-8 hours in a slow cooker and it came out great.  I boiled eggs in it and they came out perfect.  Actually it steams them but you can set the time, 5 min., and it does the rest and it is the same every time.   You can't do everything with it but it is good for things like stews, chili and the like.  There are a lot of recipes on the internet so you can get an idea of what works.  One thing that isn't explained well is that cook times are not the total time.  It takes time to come up to the temp. and pressure to start cooking and that depends on how much is being cooked.  You need liquid to make the steam to make the pressure and it may be 5 - 20  min. to get up to the pressure to start cooking.  That is when the timer for cook time starts.  After the time has elapsed the pot shuts down but you now need to wait until the pressure is down to the safe range.  Some recipes call for letting the pressure  drop naturally which may take about 20 min.  and others have you release the pressure by opening the valve as soon as cooking is done.  The boiled eggs are like that and the roast had to be left for about 20 min before opening the pot.  Vegetables cook really fast, like 2-3 min., and don't take long to get up to pressure and can be released right away.  There are a lot of accessories on Amazon and I bought an insert that is like a colander that fits in the pot an you just put 1 cup of water in it and the vegies in the insert and they are not in the water so it steams them. Pretty nice. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

108 this partly cloudy morning.

41° was the high yesterday. Today it was 18° when I got up but has risen to 31°. The forecast fir today is 41° with overnight low of 26°.

I purchased an InstantPot several months ago. I tried to use the crockpot feature it didn't work for me, I couldn't figure out how to set the temp. I haven't used it since. It is weird, I'm kind of afraid of it. It is irrational, I know but it is what it is. One of these days I'll work up the courage to try again.