You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

151 this morning.

You know, BigSkyGal, I agree with you about adopting a new pet. I know my wife wants a puppy, but...

A bit cooler this morning with winds and a sky that's looking somewhat threatening, it feels to me as though we'll be having some weather coming through although there's none in the forecast. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it turns out to be a nice day.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.

I had lab work done Friday and without my consent, they drew labs for a lipid panel and several other tests my doctor never mentioned to me.  The lipid panel was done without fasting as were the other tests.  The end results weren't good and I don't know if it is because of not fasting or because I have trouble.  And of course yesterday evening after mowing 4 hours I came down with a urinary tract infection - all on a weekend so no medical intervention.  Sigh....

It was a beautiful day yesterday and promises to be the same today.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  It definitely cooled down yesterday with a high of 85° and windy but today the wind is out of here and the high is supposed to be 90° and stay in the low 90s for a few days.
Grammabear, that is a bum deal.  I think your doctor should have given you instructions to fast if needed but also the lab should have.  The lab I use always asks if I had fasted if there is a lipid panel and if not they won't do the test.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on May 31, 2020, 07:35:25 AMI had lab work done Friday and without my consent, they drew labs for a lipid panel and several other tests my doctor never mentioned to me.  The lipid panel was done without fasting as were the other tests.  The end results weren't good and I don't know if it is because of not fasting or because I have trouble.  And of course yesterday evening after mowing 4 hours I came down with a urinary tract infection - all on a weekend so no medical intervention.  Sigh....

A lipid panel will vary considerably if not done when fasting. Those tests should be discarded and a new one done for it to have any meaning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Another snap Wally! 104 here this morning too.

Woke early to wind and rain. It has passed, now just partly cloudy and windy. Yesterday's high was 80°, today's forecast is 71°/42°.

Some one sure dropped the ball on that one Kathy. Sorry that happened.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

99 this morning.

It's overcast today and there is an Orange Alert issued for Mumbai and surrounding areas for heavy to very heavy rains for the next 2-3 days.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

68 this morning.

I agree, Grammabear, no point in even considering those labs - wasted time, money and angst for you, sadly.

Feels cold here this morning at 41. It'll warm up, of course, but it's not feeling like June yet.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

75 this morning.

It is 61 deg F here today.  Tomorrow is supposed to be close to 90 deg F with returning humidity.  June is coming Tamagno.

This week begins a week of catching up with the cancelled appointments due to Covid.  I have appointments on 4 out of 5 days and I'm already tired. :)  It is the "hair salon" appointment I'm really looking forward to as I desperately need a haircut. :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  Warming up now with a high of 93° expected today and 100° tomorrow so it does feel like June is here in this neighborhood.  I have a Dentist appointment next week but not sure yet if that will happen. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this cloudy, showery morning.

72° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 66°/40° with showers. Doesn't feel like June here yet.

Yesterday the wind blew a limb off my May Day tree at the head of my driveway. Of course it fell over the driveway, I thought I'd be able to pull it out of the way but it was way too heavy. My next door neighbor came over this morning and cut it up and took most of the wood. It's funny because just a couple of days ago I was looking at that limb and thought one of these days that is probably going to come down...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on June 01, 2020, 02:47:57 PM114 this cloudy, showery morning.

72° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 66°/40° with showers. Doesn't feel like June here yet.

Yesterday the wind blew a limb off my May Day tree at the head of my driveway. Of course it fell over the driveway, I thought I'd be able to pull it out of the way but it was way too heavy. My next door neighbor came over this morning and cut it up and took most of the wood. It's funny because just a couple of days ago I was looking at that limb and thought one of these days that is probably going to come down...

Sorry your tree limb fell  but grateful it didn't fall on you or your home.  It is nice to have helpful neighbors.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

92 this morning.

Quote from: Grammabear on June 01, 2020, 05:27:52 PMit didn't fall on you or your home.

Have had that happen once at our farm. We had just purchased the place and the branch broke through the roof of our temporary house and on to the bed. Luckily no one was home.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on June 01, 2020, 05:27:52 PMSorry your tree limb fell  but grateful it didn't fall on you or your home.  It is nice to have helpful neighbors.  :)

The last time a tree limb fell it did hit my house a couple years ago and that is why I had them all cut down. Yes this was far away from my house and I am thankful for my neighbor, but on the other hand he is the neighbor that has disregarded all the Covid orders...parties, going out... but you have to get along in the long run and he has always been there to help me when needed... It is a conundrum...

Tamagno

89 this morning.

Falling trees are a big deal around here as most all our utility lines are above ground and this area is heavily wooded. We had a similar deal here yesterday BigSkyGal and also a helpful neighbor - thankfully this one doesn't have noisy parties, though.

An insect pest has shown up in a neighbors garden down the road I'd not heard of before, vis, mole crickets. These bugs are big at 2" long, live in burrows and like to eat vegetation roots. They're particularly repulsive with large pincers extending in the front that look menacing and capable of considerable damage. Neighbor says they're making a wreck of his garden and isn't happy about it. These kinds things make you want to bring back DDT...

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Yesterday I had an appointment with the Podiatrist for regular diabetic foot care.  The typical covid questions and temperature checks were done before I could enter the building.  Then you are allowed to approach the registration windows and someone tells you that you are "all checked in".  Sitting in the waiting room is rather amusing.  I watched one older lady check in and then promptly place herself in a chair clearly marked "do not sit here".

Today I have my telemed appointment with my doctor to satisfy Medicare's "every 3 months" requirement.  I don't anticipate a pleasant exchange of information between the Doctor and myself.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021