You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

228 this morning.

I seem to be doing too much fighting with my pump and CGM lately. Woke this morning to a pump occlusion so I had to deal with that first thing. Seems like it's been awhile since I had a "good" insertion set.

SKB, I'm glad the cyclone passed you by. I feel badly for those caught up by it - what a wreck that must be.

Wally, my wife tells me the hospital she works for has to differentiate between phone visits and video visits. The problem at her institution is finding out which is covered and which not. Seems to change daily.

Happy birthday Barbara; have fun shopping!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

128 this morning - finished the mixed nuts last night  ::)

After having younger son and his pup here for a four day visit, the house is way too quiet.  First time to see him since Christmas.

Today we are trying the 'delivery' option for groceries from Aldis.  I hope it goes well.

Perhaps the best part of today is that it is "hair cut" day.  First haircut since March 1st and believe me I definitely need it. :-[
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  We got to the predicted high of 102°  yesterday and it is expected to get to 105°  today then cooling down a lot over the weekend.  Sunday is supposed to be 76°  and windy.
We had a shaker last evening of mag 5.5 which didn't cause any damage but it was a pretty good ride.  It wasn't a hard shock but more of a rolling movement.  It's another aftershock from last years big one.
Yeah Tamagno, it seems that no matter what Medicare says the reality is hard to know.  I don't envy any of the health care providers that have to deal with all of the insurance red tape.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this partly cloudy morning.

73° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 71°/42°.

Thanks all for the Birthday wishes! And yes, I did a bang up job of the shopping yesterday.

Grammabear, I can't even remember the last time I got my hair cut. I was actually planning on trying a new salon in town when everything got closed down. My hair is the longest it has been in a long time! I just twist it up and anchor with a hair clip. I am still not comfortable going to the salon...if it even still exists.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

84 today morning.

The cyclone has passed away but it is still overcast. There was some damage to property south of Mumbai, but no reports of casualties.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

That is good news skb. Glad you and yours are safe.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

130 this morning.

Gosh, forget the flu, sounds like it's a big battle staying out of the way of natural disasters. Glad you guys are okay!

Speaking of haircuts, I don't think I mentioned that I cut off my beard a couple of weeks ago. Haven't been clean shaven in 30-40 years. Actually, it's easier without the beard and saves me the weekly trip to my workshop where I always trimmed it.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

122 this morning.

My trip to the beauty salon was a bit 'different' than normal as to be expected.  For one, our salon is quite small with only two operators working in it.  Only one person for each operator allowed inside shop.  Everyone wore a mask at all times.  Salon operator told me it had been 10 weeks since I had a haircut where normally I go every four weeks as I keep my hair short.  At any rate, it seemed more like our old normal to visit the salon and have a haircut and exchange pleasantries with the beautician.

Wow!!  Tamagno - you shaved your beard after all this time?  Was your wife surprised?

Wally - How ever do you tolerate such high heat numbers?  Is the humidity also high?

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We got to 103°  yesterday and now it is supposed to cool down about 10°  today and another 5-10°  over the weekend.
Watching on the news right now there is an Amazon warehouse in Redlands, about 100 miles from here, that is fully involved in fire and it looks like it will be a total loss.  Wow, I wonder how many people will have items waiting to be shipped will be affected.  It's really a big warehouse.
Grammabear, I think it is a lot what you are used to but the humidity is quite low, usually around 10-15%, and that helps a lot.  During the hottest part of the day I stay inside where we have cooling and it is nice inside. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on June 05, 2020, 10:33:08 AM86 this morning.  We got to 103°  yesterday and now it is supposed to cool down about 10°  today and another 5-10°  over the weekend.
Watching on the news right now there is an Amazon warehouse in Redlands, about 100 miles from here, that is fully involved in fire and it looks like it will be a total loss.  Wow, I wonder how many people will have items waiting to be shipped will be affected.  It's really a big warehouse.
Grammabear, I think it is a lot what you are used to but the humidity is quite low, usually around 10-15%, and that helps a lot.  During the hottest part of the day I stay inside where we have cooling and it is nice inside. 

Wally your weather sounds comfortable to me.  Where I live, the temperature today is only 85 deg F BUT the humidity is 55% and that is considered 'low'.  Most times the temperature is higher as is the humidity - almost unbearable for any type of work outside.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

101 this partly cloudy morning.

70° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/55°.

My lilacs are starting to flower. They smell wonderful! I cut a cluster and put it on the table right by me in the recliner.

Wow, Wally, I feel bad for the vendors that are losing their inventory in that fire! Is it related to the protests?

skb

110 today morning.

I also gave myself a haircut a few days ago, thanks to the lockdown. If you look at the Eat to Your Meter video, you'll see that my hair is a bit dis-proportionally cut. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

145 this morning.

Grammabear, my beard was pretty much white, so really my wife wasn't all that shocked. SKB, I've been cutting my own hair for years now - I rigged up two swing-down mirrors in my shop (one of which also swivels) and do it down there in order to spare the mess. It's pretty tricky to do well, but I figure it's good enough and saves me a lot of time and money.

Our heat - and it'll be in the 80s today - is more like yours Grammabear with lots of humidity. Without a/c it's pretty uncomfortable. Glad I had central air put in a few years back!

Grammabear

122 this morning.

I admire you guys that can cut your own hair.  It does save a lot of time and money.  I think folks would laugh heartily if I cut my own hair.  As I've gotten older, my hair went from 'stick straight' to 'quite wavy' the longer it gets.  When hair is curly or wavy, that means it does 'it's' OWN thing the way it wants to.  Such is the state of my hair after 10 weeks of no haircut.  I'm happy to look much better, at least for a while.

Barbara - Enjoy your lilacs, they are one of my favourite flower.  This year for us was an extremely poor year.  We got very few blooms and very little fragrance.  Hoping for a better year next year.

Wally - What happened to cause the structure fire - if the cause is known?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

108 this morning.  A bit higher than usual but I had some rice last night so not really unexpected.
We had a cooler day yesterday at 88°  for a high and even had some sprinkles in the afternoon which brought the humidity up a lot for here so glad it was cooler.  High today is supposed to be 80°  and windy.

I have been cutting my own hair for several years now.  When my barber died of a heart attack I decided to give it a try and just give myself a buzz cut and it is pretty easy.

The fire was not in a warehouse owned by Amazon but a company that handles shipping for Amazon of large items like furniture and large appliances.  It was a large building of 600,000 square feet and only about two years old.  The cause is under investigation but it had nothing to do with the demonstrations.  One big question is why a relative new building with the fire suppression equipment required was so devastating.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024