You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

113 this gray rainy morning.

79° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is much cooler 57°/42° with showers. My grass is really growing, going to have to have the lawn guys out next week.

My hair is wavy and down to my shoulder blades now. I would like to trim the ends some. I've been looking at videos on how to cut your own hair, I'm just not sure I am brave enough...I'll keep watching them for a while...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

112 today morning.

The Weather department has announced that the monsoons should touch Mumbai around the 11th. With a change in the weather lot of people will develop the usual cough and cold causing more confusion in these Covid days.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

184 this morning.

As I've aged my hair's gotten fine and running a comb through it causes it to stick out from static - easy to cut.

Looks like a pretty nice day today with sun and reasonable heat and humidity. A quiet day for me today, I think.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

144 this morning. :(

We have a wild rose bush that is in bloom and the fragrance is awesome.  The flowers are not precise and the bush is scraggly and has some nasty thorns BUT the flowers still bloom year after year.  We brought back a young plant from the parent plant many years ago.  My husband grew up on a farm in WI and the wild rose bush was growing on that property which belonged to his father.  I look forward every Spring to the bush blooming.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

108 this morning.  We only had a high of 83°  yesterday and probably around the same today but WINDY all yesterday, all night and still today.  It should be out of here by tomorrow and then warming up.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

106 this rainy morning.

58° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 55°/40° with more rain. Yesterday was so dreary and today looks to be the same.

Wally, I sure hope that wind does not come this way!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

110 today morning.

I've sent a link to Shanny's son. He is going to show her that video. I hope she remembers.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

High this morning.

What I'd really like today is get out of the house; I'm sick to death of being cooped up here!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

140 this morning.

John - I hear you in regard to being 'cooped' up for days on end.  You could do what we do, if you are feeling up to it, and that is - we just get in the car and take a short ride no special destination in mind.  We just take a mini trip.  We make no stops or visit anyone.  Sometimes we feel less stressed when we return.

We mowed our lawn yesterday and it took us 4-5 hours.  When we were finished, both of us were so tired and ready for a nap.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Grammabear

Quote from: skb on June 07, 2020, 11:21:36 PM110 today morning.

I've sent a link to Shanny's son. He is going to show her that video. I hope she remembers.

skb - I'm glad you made the video and also I am glad you sent the link to Shanny's son.  I can remember when I first met Shanny on another forum, and when she told me my Doctor was full of baloney for telling me I could eat anything I wanted if I took 'enough' insulin.  Technically it is true but I definitely like Eat to your Meter idea much better.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Yesterday was another really windy day and it kept up all day and last night.  This morning just a breeze and it is supposed to start warming up. Barbara, I hope you don't get the winds but a lot of the time our storms end up going your way.
Personally I don't go out for much so being home doesn't bother me.  I do have a dentist appointment this morning so I will be interested to see how they deal with that. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

94 this showery, breezy morning. Well, the wind is here, so far not too bad.

58° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 55°/37°. Third day in a row of dreary weather, getting kind of depressing...

Tamagno

94 this morning.

Looks like we're in for high heat and humidity today; I don't mind so much - it's so much better than cold and snow!

I'm in the market for a very small and cheap ATV to use for getting around my property. It's interesting as the world of electric bicycles, scooters and so forth is exploding. I like that idea as it'd be quiet, but they're considerably more expensive and likely not very good in the cold. Quite a few options in the realm of such things for the disabled, but those are shockingly expensive. Looks to me like it's going to be awhile before the whole electric vehicle world settles into something beyond "experimental" designs mostly from China.

Grammabear

112 this morning.

Tamagno - My father-in-law used a ATV on his farm during the winter months for checking fence lines.  He had 160 acres for his dairy cows and the machine helped him maintain his property.  He generally followed the guidelines in this article:

https://www.farmanddairy.com/top-stories/how-to-prepare-your-atv-for-cold-weather/459104.html

Needless to say my sons when they were little, enjoyed getting a ride with Grandpa on his 'machine'.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We reached a windy 78°  high yesterday and today the wind is gone and we are supposed to get to 90° . 
My dentist appointment yesterday was just for a cleaning and everything was mostly normal.  They did take my temperature and there were "dirty" and "clean" boxes for pens so you took a clean pen and then put it in the dirty box.  Other than that it was normal. 

We had an ATV when at the house on the mountain and it was a real help.  I would probably not want an electric powered one.  Ours was gas and 4 cycle which is nice for our use.  It was a more utility type than a recreational one and had a winch.  Not much use for it here in town.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024