You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

105 this cloudy morning.

The wind continued all day yesterday with a high of 58°, no wind today forecast is 57°/46°. Yesterday morning they had 7" of snow in Butte MT! That is about 150 miles East of me, no snow here thank goodness. Looks to be another dreary day here.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

124 today with a pretty good reason for it to have climbed higher.

Covid cases continue to rise, yet people have to get out for livelihood. I don't know where we are headed.

All set for the rains to arrive. A couple of showers with the cyclone has already given a taste of what lies in store for the next couple of months.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

129 this morning.

Hot and humid for us today - likely pretty temperate compared with monsoons or California heat, though.

I think a very small, working-type gas ATV is what I want. I'll just need to figure a spot to keep it where it'll be easily accessible. I've only got 3+ acres, but it's hilly, uneven and there are a lot of wetlands - electricity wouldn't cut it, even if you could get something like that. Has to be small enough that I can get on it.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

107 this morning.

Tamagno - I really do hope you can find the ATV you describe would fit your needs.  It would be nice for you to be able to get out and about to check things out.  We have only 1-1/2 acres but our property is mostly rectangular in shape.  Sometimes it seems like a mightly long ways from one end where our house is to the other end of our property line.

Our weather here the past few days has been hot, humid and very windy.  Our garden can use rain which is forecast for today and tomorrow.  We planted only 5 tomato plants this year and already they are putting out blossoms.  The promise of things to come.  I love tomatoes in small portions.  Our lettuce is also coming up.  Hubby planted a new variety this year which has all shades of green in it.

skb - Please excuse my ignorance about the monsoon season in your country.  How long is it and how does it influence life in general in your area?  Are you and your family able to get out for groceries and things like that, in spite of covid19?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  We got to 88°  yesterday and it is heading to 95°  today but the wind is out of here for now. 
Thanks all for the BD wishes.  I got myself a new iphone SE 2020 to replace my iphone 7 and because of the low price, $400, I think it is an upgrade, mainly because of the new A13 chip which is the same one used on the newest iphone 11.  I like the size and I like the fingerprint ID instead of face ID so this looked like something I would like.  I can sell my 7 for around $200 so it will end up not costing a lot.  Changing phones and data was really easy and I completed it in just a few min.  I couldn't get it on Amazon because the only ones they had were locked to a carrier so I got it from Apple.
Tamagno, the ATV we had was a Bombradier and it was a good utility ATV but it was kind of large.  On the plus side it had large running boards on each side so you could get on them to mount the thing.  We had 2 1/2 acres but the back 1/3 was up a rather steep rise that had a road cut across it.  We had out water tank up there and using the ATV was really nice compared to walking.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on June 10, 2020, 10:30:52 AM85 this morning.  We got to 88°  yesterday and it is heading to 95°  today but the wind is out of here for now. 
Thanks all for the BD wishes.  I got myself a new iphone SE 2020 to replace my iphone 7 and because of the low price, $400, I think it is an upgrade, mainly because of the new A13 chip which is the same one used on the newest iphone 11.  I like the size and I like the fingerprint ID instead of face ID so this looked like something I would like.  I can sell my 7 for around $200 so it will end up not costing a lot.  Changing phones and data was really easy and I completed it in just a few min.  I couldn't get it on Amazon because the only ones they had were locked to a carrier so I got it from Apple.
Tamagno, the ATV we had was a Bombradier and it was a good utility ATV but it was kind of large.  On the plus side it had large running boards on each side so you could get on them to mount the thing.  We had 2 1/2 acres but the back 1/3 was up a rather steep rise that had a road cut across it.  We had out water tank up there and using the ATV was really nice compared to walking.

Wally - That is so cool to pick out your own birthday gift.  Hope you enjoy it a lot.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

105 this partly cloudy morning. Finally a partly sunny day!

62° was the high yesterday with a few showers, today's forecast is 75°/46° looks to be a nicer day than the last few!

My kitty came back yesterday! I think he may have been lurking, just like you thought Grammabear, for a day or two before. I just caught him out of the corner of my eye as he was checking for food in the afternoon. I had kept on putting out food at the same time everyday since he disappeared, the birds mostly ate it. Over 2 weeks he was gone.

Now I have a dilemma, I am due for another mowing, but I don't want to scare him off again.I am seriously thinking about letting it go. I'll cut a couple of paths with my hedge trimmers and go jungle... Poor kitty is so skinny looking I can't bear to see him gone for another 2 weeks...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Barbara - Do you think you could put food out at the edge of the area that is to be mowed?  Maybe if Kitty comes often at the same time each day, he would eat somewhere if he feels isolated and safe?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on June 10, 2020, 09:26:55 AMskb - Please excuse my ignorance about the monsoon season in your country.  How long is it and how does it influence life in general in your area?  Are you and your family able to get out for groceries and things like that, in spite of covid19?

In this part of the country (West) the monsoons start arriving from the end of May from the bottom up. Touches Mumbai around the 10th to 12th of June, and stays with us for 3-4 months. The monsoons are very severe here on the coast (not so much in the interiors). For a couple of days we can have water logging, though the drainage is pretty good, but the high tides can cause the accumulation.

Covid-19 has affected us but not as much as in Europe or US. Yes essentials have been available all throughout. Now the online businesses have opened up and deliveries are prompt, unlike a few weeks ago. Some people say that India has yet to see the worst, opening up at a high.

125 today morning. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

220 or so this morning.

BigSkyGal, my father-in law, despite protestations that he hated cats, nevertheless built for his the most thoroughly insulated cat house for outdoor cats I've ever seen and assiduously fed them table scraps. They always seemed to hang around awhile.

Cool birthday gift, Wally. I expect you'll like that new chip as well as the display and cameras. Have fun!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

124 this morning.

Wally - Do let us know how you like your new phone as I also have the iphone7.

It is only 62 deg F here this morning down from a high of 92 the day before.  Quite a sudden drop and much better sleeping weather.

skb - Thank you for the monsoon information.  It doesn't sound enjoyable for you or your family.  Mostly none of us can do anything about the weather.  We got 1 inch of rain overnight.  I don't think our rain sticks around long.  Usually we spend the summer months with little or no rain at all.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  We got to 96°  yesterday and heading to 101°  today but the wind is supposed to pick up later today and be here through Saturday.  Not a fan of that but it is part of living in the desert.
So far I like the phone quite a bit.  I have only had it one day but some of the things I like are that it is the same size as the iphone 7 and 8 which I like a lot better than the larger phones.  I prefer the touch ID over the face ID and this is the only new phone that uses that.  There have been some that complained about how long the battery lasted on a charge but it has actually been better than my iphone 7.  Another thing this phone has is wireless charging which is something I never thought was a big thing but I got a wireless charger any way and it works really well.  I have it on my desk and when I am at my computer I just set the phone on the charger and it does it's thing.  I haven't tried to experiment with the camera yet but  I will soon.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this mostly sunny morning.

70° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/53°. One of the cottonwood trees is dropping cotton like snow. This is the first year it has produced cotton after I had most of them cut down and the 3 remaining drastically trimmed. The other 2 still no cotton.

The thing with Kitty is that his "safe" place is under my front deck. He stays there most of the time. Yesterday he was feeling comfortable enough to come up on the deck and sun himself in the afternoon. But whenever he saw me moving inside he would sit up and wait for me to disappear before laying back down. He is very skittish. When the lawn people come there are 4 people, two on mowers and two with weed whackers. They are criss crossing the yard and the noise is tremendous. Even under the deck doesn't feel safe then. There isn't any other place to feed him besides the deck. I'll just have to see how long I can stand letting the grass go...

skb

109 today.

Wally, I like the specs of that iPhone. We're also due for an upgrade. Been using the 6 for a long time now. Will keep that in mind. Here the cost is around $700.00 though.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

90 this morning.

Wally, it's interesting to me that you prefer the Touch ID as I've been leaning toward Face ID on newer devices. I'm also glad to hear you like wireless charging; seems like it should be convenient but until recently hasn't seemed to work quite right. Battery life on iOS devices can be extended substantially by turning off "background app refresh" and either turning off location services or limiting them to while in use. Anyway, sounds like a great phone.