You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

90 this morning.

I think that I am the "odd man out" as I like neither Touch ID or Face ID.  I have both turned off as I don't keep sensitive personal or financial information on my phone, plus I don't go anywhere anymore.  Then again I am not tech savvy either, so there is likely a lot I should be doing that I am not.  I dislike having to 'check in' every time I want to see something on the phone.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  We got to 99°  yesterday and it did get windy in the afternoon and blew hard all night.  It is supposed to continue today but right now it is pretty calm.
I think the reason I like the touch ID is that I am used to it and have never had face ID so maybe it's an "old dog" thing.   ~dog~
Grammabear, I like to have my phone locked and needing a password or the touch ID to open it.  It is easy and takes no time at all to open the phone but I take my phone with me everywhere and I do have sensitive information on it.  If you are fine leaving it unlocked then that is OK too.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this partly cloudy morning.

80° was the high yesterday with a thunderstorm blowing through late afternoon. Today's forecast is 87°/55°.

Went out yesterday to get my mail and pay the 3 bills that I don't have on auto pay. Then farm store for bird seed, grocery store and liquor store. When I got home I was exhausted. I think part of it is I am so tense when I am out. Sadly very few people were wearing masks any more, even the grocery clerks. The Farm store clerks were which I was thankful for. We are seeing an uptick in cases since moving into Phase 2.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on June 12, 2020, 04:01:19 PM107 this partly cloudy morning.

80° was the high yesterday with a thunderstorm blowing through late afternoon. Today's forecast is 87°/55°.

Went out yesterday to get my mail and pay the 3 bills that I don't have on auto pay. Then farm store for bird seed, grocery store and liquor store. When I got home I was exhausted. I think part of it is I am so tense when I am out. Sadly very few people were wearing masks any more, even the grocery clerks. The Farm store clerks were which I was thankful for. We are seeing an uptick in cases since moving into Phase 2.

Barbara ~ It isn't just folks in your state, but also in my state, that don't wear masks.  I went to a appointment this week to be fitted for a pair of 'Medicare' shoes.  The office staff is super friendly lot of three ladies, none of which were wearing masks.  The fellow who fitted me for shoes was wearing a mask, which I appreciated.  Could you do your errands at a time when possibly it would not be quite as busy?  We've found that some days, the time period right after lunch is a slow time for lots of places.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

98 today morning.

Took me nearly 5 days after an (bad eating) excursion to get back into 2 digit numbers.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

130 this morning.

BigSkyGal, one thing I notice is that the masks inhibit my breathing sufficiently that it adds another level of fatigue to going out. But then I've acquired something of a phobia about not being able to breath.

Wally, the reason I'd like facial ID, is that I've noticed my Touch ID doesn't work properly when I'm laying down (yup, I keep the screen clean and have several fingers enabled).

Funny, I've never thought of either as tools for security to keep my device from prying hands, but I regularly use Touch ID for entering passcodes. I've got over a hundred for various things and use complex passwords that a password manager I've got keeps track of for me. Touch ID just makes all that much easier.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

88 this morning.

The mask makes breathing harder for me also.  I ordered several masks from different places on Etsy.com and still they all seem to make breathing harder. 

Maybe I should give Touch ID another try because when I tried it a while ago, it didn't seem to want to work very well.  Sometimes it would 'recognize' my fingerprint and other times it demanded the passcode.  My skin is very dry and I don't know if that influences how well it works or not.  Do you all have any comments?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We got to 99°  yesterday and the wind picked up a lot in the afternoon.  A bit cooler today and windy all day but it should be out of here by tomorrow.
I had an appointment with my dermatologist yesterday and it was not bad but they were taking precautions and you had to wear a mask and keep distance from others but it was not difficult.  I also find it a bit of a pain to wear a mask, me glasses fog up for one, but I don't have too much problem with breathing.  Grocery stores and Walmart have a mask requirement but many people ignore it.  Right now we are in pretty good shape as far as cases of the virus but there are going to be about 150 workers coming into town soon from all over to begin  work on the damage from the earthquake to the military base.  This could skew the cases up but maybe not. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

100 this breezy, partly cloudy morning.

82° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 74°/45°, but it is already 75°. I don't think it will go much higher. Don't much care for the wind.

Grammabear, that time is the best time here too, just after noon seems to be a quiet time.

Tamagno, I hadn't thought about the mask making it harder to breath, maybe that is why I am so exhausted by the time I get home. It does fog up my glasses a bit but seems to clear off quickly. I do take it off between stops when I am in my car.

I use touch ID on my laptop and periodically it will ask me to type in the passcode, I guess to be sure it is still me. On my iPhone and iPad I just use a passcode.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

109 today morning. Made Sf chocolate cupcakes yesterday and as we all know, SF is not really a very safe bet.

I don't use any Touch ID or even a PIN code on my phone. The phone is set to go into a batt saving mode every minute or so and to enter that every time is painful. Besides, the phone is always with me and doesn't carry any sensitive information.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

153 this morning.

Surprisingly chilly here this morning; only in the mid-40s. Doubtless it'll warm up later.

I suppose I'm something of a clean freak and like everything tidy, organized and clean. Holds true with my electronics which I clean on a schedule and also have a routine that keeps them up-to date and running as optimally as possible. The screen on my iPad is something I clean at least once a day insuring that Touch ID works at its best even though I also have ridiculously dry skin. It just seems to save work along the way.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

105 this morning.

It is cool here also at 61 deg F with a high of 65 deg F predicted.

When I am riding my stationary bike, I have to keep a small spray bottle of water to moisten my fingers or else the bike does not give me the heart rate it is programmed to give.  My husband rides the bike at times also and he never has trouble getting the heart rate display.  Sort of ridiculous.

This year is promising to be a large display of hollyhock blossoms when they finally open up.  Most years we're lucky if they bloom very much at all.  This year looks to be quite different.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Well, it is kind of cool here this morning at 55°  at 6:00 AM but heading to a not cool 93°  later today.  At least the wind is out of here but it is supposed to start back up tomorrow.
I imagine it is what you are used to and comfortable with.  I like to have my phone locked and find it easy to open it quickly with just a finger touch and it is automatic now.  I also like that I can use it  instead of a password for other apps and to use Apple pay. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

110 this cloudy showery morning. Today's forecast 55°/40°, but it is already 59°

76° was yesterday's high, but it cooled down drastically as a hail storm passed through. Hail the size of peas! Which then of course knocked out my power for 1-1/2 hour. Not a fun day, which got worse in the evening.

I choked on one of my evening vitamins and had a coughing fit that I couldn't get under control. I was wheezing the rest of the night. Nervous that maybe I picked up the virus, I took my temp at bedtime, 97.7°.  Still OK. Slept poorly as my chest was very raspy. When I got up early to go to the bathroom temp was 99.7° got me a little worried. Went back to bed and slept a couple more hours. When I took my bg I checked my temp and it was 99.4° better. Still raspy, but better than it was, will be taking it easy today.

Grammabear

I hope your raspiness has settled down Barbara and you feel better.  Sometimes when that sort of thing happens to me, it helps me to sip on hot tea - not always does it help, but most of the time it does.  Be well.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021