You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

6/15 107
6/16 100
6/17 117

Still coughing, but not wheezing. I have been checking my temp several times a day, the highest it has been is 100.8° yesterday afternoon and 100.5° the afternoon before. The rest of the time in the 97's and 98's that just might be a normal spike for me. No energy and not much appetite but when I do eat I can taste and smell OK.

The weather has been cloudy, rainy and down right dreary the last few days. Yesterday's high was 62° today's forecast is 62°/46° with rain showers.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Glad the forum is back up and running, missed everyone.  I was in the middle of posting Monday when it went down.  It looks like Summer is finally arriving here and we will be over the 100 degree mark starting Saturday and probably around 106-107 next week.  Hope you are feeling better Barbara.  I think it's normal to worry that something like coughing or similar could be a sign of the virus and it is better to be diligent and take care.  Even there are only a few cases here, 11 total with 7 recovered, I am still wary of any  sign and I ran to get my thermometer when I had a cough. 
While we were down I stopped by the "other" forum to see what was going on there.  I recognized a couple of people from before but their membership seems down a lot from before and posts were kind of light.  Kind of signs of the times I guess.  I imagine a lot of people are just using other social media. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on June 14, 2020, 09:18:21 AMWhen I am riding my stationary bike, I have to keep a small spray bottle of water to moisten my fingers or else the bike does not give me the heart rate it is programmed to give.  My husband rides the bike at times also and he never has trouble getting the heart rate display.  Sort of ridiculous.

If it's a pulse meter on the handle bars, those things are not very reliable. I'd rather use something like Argus on a smartphone.

Quote from: walkerwally1 on June 17, 2020, 03:30:23 PMWhile we were down I stopped by the "other" forum to see what was going on there.  I recognized a couple of people from before but their membership seems down a lot from before and posts were kind of light.  Kind of signs of the times I guess.  I imagine a lot of people are just using other social media. 

That is very true Wally. The interest of people has swayed from Forums to Social sites. I've often wondered why ? Technically Forums are designed much more functionally than these sites. With responsiveness (to screen width) becoming a must, Forums can be accessed easily on phones, and, you can choose to stay "always online" so there is no need for login credentials. Yet the herds rush to one side.  :'(

119 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

104 this morning.

It felt odd not being able to log in yesterday. Thanks, SKB for getting us back.

Sitting on my deck yesterday afternoon I noticed movement at the bridge that soon revealed a big, adult black bear. She proceeded to calmly and matter-of factly rip my wife's bird feeder down and eat the seed. She sat placidly eating until the seed was gone at which point she ambled back into the woods.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Tamagno - My Goodness - an adult black bear visited your place for a light 'snack'.  I am guessing your wife was not pleased to have that type of dinner guest.   ???

Yesterday was the day for technical things related to diabetes to go haywire.  My Dexcom G6 system had not one but two failed sensors.  Today I begin the "wait and see" game with Dexcom - maybe they answer the phone and maybe they don't.  I was told yesterday the average wait time was 1-2 hours???
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  It is going to start warming up now.  Heading to 97° today and then 105° to 106° next week.  This is the desert in June that I am used to and nice that , so far, we haven't seen 110+° but that could change any time.  July and August are usually the hottest.
At the house in the mountains we had apple trees and sometimes a bear would get over the fence and help itself.  Fortunately not too often.
Yeah Grammabear the wait times now can get really long as companies have reduced the number of people in customer service.  I like it when they will take your phone number and call you back when it is your turn.  Beats waiting on hold.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on June 18, 2020, 06:16:00 AMSitting on my deck yesterday afternoon I noticed movement at the bridge that soon revealed a big, adult black bear. She proceeded to calmly and matter-of factly rip my wife's bird feeder down and eat the seed. She sat placidly eating until the seed was gone at which point she ambled back into the woods.

Wow. I suppose your deck would be elevated and you were safe all the time. Even if you were at eye level, being completely motionless and noiseless would do the trick.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

117 this cloudy drizzly morning.

Wow Tamagno! That must have been quite the sight! When I lived in The Sierras in CA, I had one on the other side of my front porch we stared at each other for a split second and then he bolted off. Very scary.

I don't know what it is that I have, but it is sure dragging me down. My coughing is marginally better yesterday and today and I didn't have a temp 100 or over yesterday. I still have fits of coughing but fewer, I have to really take it easy to keep them at bay. At least I can breathe deeply and my chest isn't rattling any more. Glad I had done a shopping a couple days before I got this as I won't be going out again until this is gone!

62° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 66°/46°. With all the rain we've had this spring, I am afraid that this fire season is going to be bad.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

160 this morning.

Bear have gotten pretty common around here so it's not a surprise. A lot of people yell and bang pots at them when they get into trash, etc., and they seem always to amble off. Haven't heard of them attacking people so far.

Hot and humid is the order of the day...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

123 this morning.

We picked our first taste of homegrown lettuce yesterday.  There surely isn't anything in the store that can compare to it.  We need rain however if the tomatoes are going to survive.  Hot and humid is our order of the day also, and we have to mow the grass today. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  We got to 94°  yesterday and it is supposed to get to 100°  today then 106-107°  all next week.  It looks like we will be at 100°+ for the rest of the month. 

Hope you feel better Barbara.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

97 this partly cloudy morning.

66° was the high yesterday with a few showers, today's forecast is 73°/48°.

Feel worse today than yesterday. Didn't wake up until 11AM, guess I needed the sleep. Coughing more today, don't know why, I'm trying to take it really easy. Temp is still in normal range so at least that is good. Tomorrow will be a week since this started...

skb

Barbara, I hope you feel well soon. Do take care.

120 today morning. This, after a small party on 18th eve (wife's birthday). Kids and grandkids came over with some pizza and cake. I saw, I was conquered, I fell.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

80 this morning.

Feel better, BigSkyGal!

Ah, SKB, pizza and cake; what a treat!

Grammabear, I'm amazed you've got lettuce so early; time enough for another crop yet this season.

Grammabear

124 this morning.

Tamagno - The lettuce we're enjoying is a very small amount that came up as "volunteers" from last years crop.  Hubby wasn't sure it would taste good, but it does. So we are using it.  He planted a crop this year, but so far nothing has generated.  It is so hot and dry that I'm afraid germination will be a 'hit-and-miss' thing this year.

Skb - I love your comments - "I saw, I was conquered, I fell."  What kind of cake did you fall victim to?  :)

Bigskygal - If your coughing doesn't improve, maybe you should see a doctor - just to be safe.  You could maybe call and get a 'virtual visit'.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021